Who's the better prospect

Tinstar

14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Looking at Chad Thomas of the hurricanes and Josh Sweet of the Seminoles . What say you @JiF

Both highly touted out of High School.  Thomas gave Florida the Heisman and Sweat never even considered Florida.

Sweat was the #1 DE prospect in the nation who over came an early injury at FSU but I would be double checking his knee if I were NFL teams interested.  In general, I'd say he underachieved at FSU.  That D was terrible the past few years and it's hard to look at their roster and see who's going to flourish in the NFL.

Thomas is one of those guys who had the body, the size, the skill but just never seemed to put it altogether.  He seems like a dude who relies solely on his athleticism but doesnt really work on the craft. So he can go quite for long stretches of time.

Sweat is probably the better prospect just because if he can stay healthy, his ceiling is much higher and I think he gives you a lot more versatility as a player. 

That said, I dont anticipate either being very good in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I would prefer to see this cat going up against OTs instead of rushing from space untouched . 

I just took a quick gander as I haven't looked him up in a bit.... man. Crickets. He's not in the combine, he's barely listed on websites... what the hell? 

On 2/14/2018 at 11:53 AM, Tinstar said:

The reason I asked is i'm looking for a longshot at edge rusher but this seems like a terrible draft for that type of player . 

I'd say both are long shots. Thomas is going to get looks because he just looks the part.  Sweat has undeniable talent but major durability concerns.

The "long shot" I like is Okornokwo from Oklahoma.  

I'm all about Arden Key.  Especially if he falls to the 2nd, which I doubt but a boy can dream. 

On 2/16/2018 at 9:03 AM, JiF said:

I'd say both are long shots. Thomas is going to get looks because he just looks the part.  Sweat has undeniable talent but major durability concerns.

The "long shot" I like is Okornokwo from Oklahoma.  

I'm all about Arden Key.  Especially if he falls to the 2nd, which I doubt but a boy can dream. 

I won't be shocked if Key drops to the second round. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The op question frames my issue with the draft..... better "prospect". **** that, we're not wildcatting for oil. We're putting together a football team. Give me the best football players. History is littered with the failed football careers of great prospects.

I probably could have worded that better, but truth be told I don't like any of the edge rushers as football stars at the next level. The way things are playing out in today's NF, you have to take a chance on a guy who has shown something in college and hope you don't end up with a knucklehead .

18 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I wanna know 2 things about Key before I make any decision about him. His actual size and how he runs at that size  .

I mean these 2 things we all want to see, but that’s not even the biggest things that are of concern with Key that the NFL is gonna want to have clarity about.

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean these 2 things we all want to see, but that’s not even the biggest things that are of concern with Key that the NFL is gonna want to have clarity about.

Quite true, but that will be important to teams , not to me until I know how big he is and how fast he runs . 

19 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I probably could have worded that better, but truth be told I don't like any of the edge rushers as football stars at the next level. The way things are playing out in today's NF, you have to take a chance on a guy who has shown something in college and hope you don't end up with a knucklehead .

Sad but true

Archived