Jets to release Mo Wilkerson per SNY

Patriot Killa

On 2/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, T0mShane said:

Shouldn’t someone from the Jets organization have to stand in front of a microphone and answer why Mo Wilkerson starred for Rex, but quit under Todd Bowles? Or are are we just gonna act like cutting talented veterans every year because they stopped playing hard is just business as usual?

Should be business as usual. Nobody cares why a player played hard for one coach and not the other. A player, especially one getting a massive paycheck, should play hard regardless of who the coach is. It's one thing to say he wasn't properly used. It's another to suggest that his lack of effort is somehow the coaches fault.  

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Should be business as usual. Nobody cares why a player played hard for one coach and not the other. A player, especially one getting a massive paycheck, should play hard regardless of who the coach is. It's one thing to say he wasn't properly used. It's another to suggest that his lack of effort is somehow the coaches fault.  

Well it is good to know that coaches have zero effect on how their players play.

The same people that give bowles a pass for his well paid vets dogging it also praise him for getting the team to overachieve and play hard.

It is not just that these guys (Mo wik, revis) dogged it, it is how the coach responded to it.  Bowles patted these guys on the head and said they were playing well when they were playing embarrassingly awful.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:34 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I know the board wisdom now says not to give 3-4 DEs money, but to be fair, Wilkerson had double digit sacks in two of the three years before he signed his deal. He was 6th in the league in 2015.  This idea that he can't rush the passer is getting a bit too much traction. 

Tale will be told on Wilkerson after he's gone.  If he becomes John Abraham, it was us.  If he is a perennial Sheldon Richardson in Seattle, then it was likely more on him.

On 2/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, T0mShane said:

Shouldn’t someone from the Jets organization have to stand in front of a microphone and answer why Mo Wilkerson starred for Rex, but quit under Todd Bowles? Or are are we just gonna act like cutting talented veterans every year because they stopped playing hard is just business as usual?

Same reason Revis did.

well Mo earned his Turd status lately.

Sadly, he was bad influence on Sheldon also.

It would be odd if Mo cut and Sheldon comes back.

if I am Bowles I start the Coughlin protocol of getting to Mtgs 5 minutes early. it appears players have abused Bowles lack of discipline inside the mtg roooms. it took FIVE misssed Mtgs before he fined Mo ,and I think that wa sonly becuase the always on time Sheldon came walking in late for Mo's 4th/5th tardy WITH Mo. Bowles relaized vet Mo was having bad influence on lockeroom. 

Anyone know how Robby is as far as tardiness  etc. Maybe he just gets in trouble when he goes home on breaks/off season?

On 2/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, Untouchable said:

When your defense is constantly on the field because your offense can’t sustain drives, that’s what tends to happen.

Do the Jets have some areas on D that could stand to be improved? Of course.

But I’m a helluva lot more concerned about the offense at this stage. The defense is at least average, the offense is a steaming pile of dogsh*t and the only QB’s presently under contract are Petty and Hackenberg.

That happens when two decades worth of defense minded HCs lobby for dlinemen and cbs every year and a half ass GM grants their wishes. A defense that's average with all the high draft picks and D head coaches when put in context is actually performing like sh*t not average.

11 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

That happens when two decades worth of defense minded HCs lobby for dlinemen and cbs every year and a half ass GM grants their wishes. A defense that's average with all the high draft picks and D head coaches when put in context is actually performing like sh*t not average.

With all the focus on defense for a decade there's no excuse not to have a perennially top 5 defense.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:54 PM, joewilly12 said:

Giants looking to unload Erik Flowers what about an even up trade Mo for Flowers.....

Flowers is awful , he is worse then Mo.

mo is good but lazy and dont want to try after he got his money.

Flowers is just bad all around 

On 2/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, joewilly12 said:

Giants looking to unload Erik Flowers what about an even up trade Mo for Flowers.....

No way the giants want Mo’s contract.  I think Flowers could be better if he were moved inside to guard he’s too slow to play either Tackle spot but I coulda told the giants that 3 years ago

Archived