more mayfield

rangerous

serby interview with mayfield today's post.  not so bad.  lots of the expected answers but the thing about this guy is was a walk on and won the heisman.  for him to do that means that he has some real heart and desire.  so far it's translated itself pretty well on the college stage if he can maintain it in the nfl then maybe he's the guy the jets should get.  imo the height issue is overblown although taller is better.  it's not like he's doug flutie either.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/baker-mayfield-talks-nyc-love-and-why-hes-top-qb-in-nfl-draft/

13 hours ago, rangerous said:

serby interview with mayfield today's post.  not so bad.  lots of the expected answers but the thing about this guy is was a walk on and won the heisman.  for him to do that means that he has some real heart and desire.  so far it's translated itself pretty well on the college stage if he can maintain it in the nfl then maybe he's the guy the jets should get.  imo the height issue is overblown although taller is better.  it's not like he's doug flutie either.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/baker-mayfield-talks-nyc-love-and-why-hes-top-qb-in-nfl-draft/

He's my guy... 2018 NFL Draft #6 pick...  NY Jets select ... BAKER MAYFIELD QB, Oklahoma

I’ll say this a million times you can’t take Baker Mayfield at 6 after passing on a MUCH better QB the previous year at 6, and get patted on the back, you should be fired if you don’t end up with Cousins (thou I’d prefer not, but I get it), or trade up somehow for either Darnold, or Rosen.  Drafting a poor man’s Mahomes one year later in the same draft slot with the same sh*t roster, and no QB of the future on it in both years piece fired on the spot if I’m running sh*t (well he would get fired as he was filling out the card, and I’d assume the decision on the 1st round pick at that time, maybe call the Bills for both 1st rounders this year, and next years 1st rounders for 6, and a 3rd.

And I’d probably go OT, and IF Lamar Jackson some how falls that far thank you very much, if not then if Davenport is around, if not then probably double dip at OL, man Jackson, Brown, Sonny Michel, and edge LB Dorance Armstrong, with first 4 picks, and 2 Number 1’s next year (thou I’d prefer trading up for Darnold).

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

IMHO 6th overall is way too high for him. I can see him going in the teens.

Maybe so, maybe not, you can't really say until after the combine & all the whispers... either way if he's there at 6 I want the Jets to select him.

35 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Maybe so, maybe not, you can't really say until after the combine & all the whispers... either way if he's there at 6 I want the Jets to select him.

That's what's so much fun about the draft. Total crap shoot that no one will know the outcome for another 2 years.

Skip Bayless is an Oklahoma Sooners homer and a fan of Mayfield and even he thinks Mayfield’s off-field issues are a huge red flag says he knows stuff about Mayfield that even the media isn’t aware of that’s troubling.  Also said Mayfield had the best OL in the country and great skill position players playing in a spread system

Pretty sad when Skip Bayless is the voice of reason

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Philc1 said:

Mark Sanchez 2.0

That would be awesome, now let's put some talent around him for the long term unlike w/ Sanchez who they stripped all the talent around him after a few years and expected him to get better. Only Brady and maybe Rodgers can win w/ any type of talent.  everyone else needs talent around them to win.

Archived