FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

Just now, Mogglez said:

The Mike Evans contract just gauranteed that Odell gets f*cking PAID.  Dude might actually come close to the numbers he wants.

Also, this bodes well for us in our pursuit of Allen Robinson.  Very few teams in pursuit of him have the financial type of flexibility that we do.

are we going to pursue robinson or is this a hypothetical?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The Mike Evans contract just gauranteed that Odell gets f*cking PAID.  Dude might actually come close to the numbers he wants.

Also, this bodes well for us in our pursuit of Allen Robinson.  Very few teams in pursuit of him have the financial type of flexibility that we do.

So that's a no to Sammy then...

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Browns deal for Landry but for me the bigger news is Miami getting two picks and more ammo to move up for a QB.

Won't be high picks.... maybe a 5th rounder this year considering he will have to be paid $16mm

Not sure that gets Miami to #3 pick.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Going to pursue.  Probably comes down to us, SF, and Chicago.

I know you can't give specifics, but has the Senior Bowl and Combine
changed our QB rankings?

At the rate teams around us are accumulating picks, we can probably kiss both of our 2nd rounders goodbye if we want to trade up.

Most sobering realization to come from that?  I can almost guarantee that is exactly what is gonna cause Macc to sit at #6 and draft Josh Allen.  He'll balk at any team asking for both 2's, thinking that he's some sort of "trade savant" and Denver, or Miami leap frog us. 

Just now, KRL said:

I know you can't give specifics, but has the Senior Bowl and Combine
changed our QB rankings?

Not really other than Rosen and Darnold, who were considered to be in a class of their own, might be welcoming a third QB into their group with Mayfield.  He has impressed everyone he's interviewed with.  We have two private workouts and meetings planned with him.

Not at all.

AR is the "crown jewel" though. 

mixed feelings on that one. Certainly not going to complain about Robinson -- but i'm not sold on him as a phenom #1. I'll take him though, lol. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

mixed feelings on that one. Certainly not going to complain about Robinson -- but i'm not sold on him as a phenom #1. I'll take him though, lol. 

I've loved him for years.  Wanted him as our first round pick in 2014.  Almost murdered someone when we drafted Amaro over him.  I think he is really special.  Would not complain about Watkins at all though.

At the rate teams around us are accumulating picks, we can probably kiss both of our 2nd rounders goodbye if we want to trade up.

Most sobering realization to come from that?  I can almost guarantee that is exactly what is gonna cause Macc to sit at #6 and draft Josh Allen.  He'll balk at any team asking for both 2's, thinking that he's some sort of "trade savant" and Denver, or Miami leap frog us. 

Seriously? the guy needs to not have a job if that's the case. He's staring down the barrel of a shotgun right now, this his last lifeline. Get the QB thing right, or there's the door. If he's willing to approach that problem passively at #6? Faaaaack, see ya later pal. 

If NYG/IND asks for both seconds and one for next year -- the answers is "You bet"

I've loved him for years.  Wanted him as our first round pick in 2014.  Almost murdered someone when we drafted Amaro over him.  I think he is really special.  Would not complain about Watkins at all though.

Reminds me of a time when we doubled up on safeties when Dalvin Cook was on the board. I now have only 2 children. 

Teams are making these trades because 1. Everyone has cap room and/or flexibility and 2. The free agent pool sucks. Maccagnan should go buck wild in free agency and swing for the fences with these contracts, because there’s no reason to save money. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Seriously? the guy needs to not have a job if that's the case. He's staring down the barrel of a shotgun right now, this his last lifeline. Get the QB thing right, or there's the door. If he's willing to approach that problem passively at #6? Faaaaack, see ya later pal. 

If NYG/IND asks for both seconds and one for next year -- the answers is "You bet"

For the record, not entirely serious lol.  Just pessimistically venting my frustrations over the stress I'm experiencing from the fears of this scenario actually happening.

I have severe PTSD from hearing that we missed out on a trade up for Wentz because of a dick measuring contest over a 3rd round pick.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

For the record, not entirely serious lol.  Just pessimistically venting my frustrations over the stress I'm experiencing from the fears of this scenario actually happening.

I have severe PTSD from hearing that we missed out on a trade up for Wentz because of a dick measuring contest over a 3rd round pick.

My wife hasn't talked to me since the senior bowl. Apparently I'm a "raging a$$hole" right now.. I'm like bitch please, do you have any idea what's at stake here?? 

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What if he signs Sam Bradford, a center, and a couple of corners and goes 9-7? That’d be much healthier for his career than going 3-13 with a misery-stricken coach and Josh Rosen, by far.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

My wife won't hasn't talked to me since the senior bowl. Apparently I'm a "raging a$$hole" right now.. I'm like bitch please, do you have any idea what's at stake here?? 

True story: my brother asked me an hour ago, “are they gonna sign Cousins or what?” and I reflexively said, “NO THEY’RE NOT SIGNING KIRK F*CKING COUSINS, ALRIGHT?” and he was like, “whoa, chill.”

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

True story: my brother asked me an hour ago, “are they gonna sign Cousins or what?” and I reflexively said, “NO THEY’RE NOT SIGNING KIRK F*CKING COUSINS, ALRIGHT?” and he was like, “whoa, chill.”

Its called Jets RAGE!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My wife hasn't talked to me since the senior bowl. Apparently I'm a "raging a$$hole" right now.. I'm like bitch please, do you have any idea what's at stake here?? 

Just tell her that this situation is similar to every single Designer Shoe Warehouse store closing up shop forever and wait for the sympathy sex to rain down upon you.

Just tell her that this situation is similar to every single Designer Shoe Warehouse store closing up shop forever and wait for the sympathy sex to rain down upon you.

Wise beyond your years, you know that?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am in agreement that the Jets don't have much to trade - Wilkerson was probably the last chance.  Maybe they can move Carpenter.  

OTOH, I do not agree that trades for players generally do not work. I feel that thinking is antiquated.  The Eagles got Darby, Ajayi and Jernigan through trades.  The Pats got Cooks, Allen, Dorsett and Bademosi.  Jags got Daerus.  The times have changed, and teams will move guys that don't fit their system or when they have a surplus at a position - the way we should have with Richardson and Wilkerson. 

I thought we traded Richardson.

Archived