FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Sammy Watkins isn't a #1 either.  Also, there is a huge difference between saying they don't need help(which he didn't) and saying they have bigger areas of need.

I agree. I didn't want Watkins. He named 2 guys who are suspect at best, 1 of which may or may not even see the field this year as sure things. They are not as I pointed out. To say that the WR's on this team is not one of the biggest issues is shortsighted IMO. They need to address this position with as high a priority as any other area of need after the QB position. You can have the best QB in the world but if he has just 1 guy to throw too you are going nowhere.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol it’s funny how the 28th ranked offense don’t need playmakers according some of y’all.. 

theres still plenty of talent on the defensive side of the mall hopefully we get active . Would if like go give hitchens a look good signing by KC.

You think giving Sammy Watkins 3/48 is a good move? I don’t 

6 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Watkins blows.hes not an upgrade  I would’ve liked Robinson. 

Watkins never had a QB in  Buffalo and before he got hurt year 3 he was really good. Last year he had a good QB but they had a million weapons and they got him late but despite some #s falling off he still had 8 TDs and averaged over 15 Yds per rec. He's aslo only 24 years old, if that young QB in KC is good they will have quite a receiving duo w/ him and Hill at WR along w/ the great TE they have.

7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I think he is gonna ball in that offense .  Paul Richardson is probably gonna get the same kinda money . Everyone is gonna get overpaid with the cap going up . I don’t like the fit for us . But the trend for us is we don’t value the position and that is alarming . 

The point isn't whether individual posters like these guys, it's that we cleared 90 million in cap space and if we don't get Cousins and a really good o lineman this team is doomed to another bad year. 

Settling on other teams#3 Wr rejects, mccown, center with a concussion problem is a disaster of an off-season for a team with 90 million in cap space.

If we do get cousins, all will be good but macc better get it done.

Lol it’s funny how the 28th ranked offense don’t need playmakers according some of y’all.. 

theres still plenty of talent on the defensive side of the Ball hopefully we get active . Would  of liked to give hitchens a look but good signing by KC.

Oh yes, for the defensive side of the ball Bowles and Mac give all the attention needed. Offense not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

So because the salary cap has gone up significantly it’s ok to give a mediocre QB 30+ million per guaranteed for 4 years, but not ok to give a 24 year old WR 2 years 30 million (the real contract the 3rd year is not guaranteed) in this inflated salary cap, and WR’s are basically the extension of the QB, and Sammy Watkins opens up the field more, and his value is so much more then just the catches he makes, guys run free, and go covered one on one vs guys who can’t cover them because Watkins draws 2-3 guys to him on a ton of plays.

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I think he is gonna ball in that offense .  Paul Richardson is probably gonna get the same kinda money . Everyone is gonna get overpaid with the cap going up . I don’t like the fit for us . But the trend for us is we don’t value the position and that is alarming . 

This. I don't love giving Watkins 16 million per but the fact that the Jets seem content with their current WR ensemble is the problem, 28th ranked Offense, bad on O-line, crappy run game, abysmal QB situation. Offense is going to suck terribly again next year unless Cousins or a 1st round QB can do it all with no playmakers/line.

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If we spend all that money on Cousins, there is ZERO chance we are drafting a QB. It would be idiotic. What team signs a franchise QB for 4 years and then drafts a QB in the top 6 that will, if everything goes well, sit on the bench for half a decade? 

GMs aren't tasked with building a team for the next GM. Cousins will be brought in to win a SB in the next 4 years. If things fail, they will be back in the top 10 and the next GM can pick the next QB flavor of the year. 

I would rather take a chance with Mayfield (or Rosen or Darnold) and hope I have a franchise guy for 12-15 years instead of a slightly above average guy for four years for huge bucks.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The point isn't whether individual posters like these guys, it's that we cleared 90 million in cap space and if we don't get Cousins and a really good o lineman this team is doomed to another bad year. 

Settling on other teams#3 Wr rejects, mccown, center with a concussion problem is a disaster of an off-season for a team with 90 million in cap space.

Kirk Cousins, Orleans Darkwa, Bilal Powell, Eli McQuire, Jordan Leggett, Jermaine Kearse, Chad Hansen, Ardarius Stewart, and Quincy Enunwa striking fear in the heart of defenses coming to a theater near you 2018!

What a joke.

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

TYPICAL LOSER SOJF MENTALITY.  SAD.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Kirk Cousins, Orleans Darkwa, Bilal Powell, Eli McQuire, Jordan Leggett, Jermaine Kearse, Chad Hansen, Ardarius Stewart, and Quincy Enunwa striking fear in the heart of defenses coming to a theater near you 2018!

What a joke.

I get your point here, but lets hold up ... We do not have Cousins or Darkwa.... lets just wait and see. Deep breath my man. deep breath..

I'm now leaning towards drafting a 1st round QB over signing Cousins. I already hate the guy between the tweet asking for suggestions where to sign, teasing Vikings and Jets fans with that farewell, and now this stupid documentary. Guy is such a douche, and I'm not in love with the idea of paying him anything more than what the Vikings are going to. 

Edit: Plus we're still such a ways off from competing for a Super Bowl, I know a ton can change with this offseason between our picks and cap space but there's not a single position group I feel comfortable with or believe, as is, can be a position group on a Superbowl team, safety comes closest. We suck.

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

We need to find out how long the documentary is supposed to be so we know how long he drags this out. :rolleyes:

We need to hire a plane with banner to follow him around and get on camera as much as possible

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I get your point here, but lets hold up ... We do not have Cousins or Darkwa.... lets just wait and see. Deep breath my man. deep breath..

Deep breath for what?  A RB nobody wants, a Guard, Center, and then watching the Jets overpay a 29 year old CB in Trumaine Johnson AKA Revis 2.0, drafting another Safety at 6, and then watch Todd Bowles wave the white flag when his offense has done nothing, and punts late in the 3rd quarter from midfield  down 20-6?

Bringing back Macc, and Bowles is where this all went wrong, and maybe they are not authorized to spend a dollar unless they land Cousins, and if we don’t the Jets ownership might basically hoard the cap space for next season, and start it over with a whole new Regime, but if that is the plan should have just did it this season.

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

We need to find out how long the documentary is supposed to be so we know how long he drags this out. :rolleyes:

This doc just reeks as bs. Just sign with the Vikings and let us get on with our lives debating McCown vs MaCarron

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Deep breath for what?  A RB nobody wants, a Guard, Center, and then watching the Jets overpay a 29 year old CB in Trumaine Johnson AKA Revis 2.0, drafting another Safety at 6, and then watch Todd Bowles wave the white flag when his offense has done nothing, and punts late in the 3rd quarter from midfield  down 20-6?

Bringing back Macc, and Bowles is where this all went wrong, and maybe they are not authorized to spend a dollar unless they land Cousins, and if we don’t the Jets ownership might basically hoard the cap space for next season, and start it over with a whole new Regime, but if that is the plan should have just did it this season.

www.chiefsplanet.com Just, please...i'm sure you'd like it over there better. 

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Aright i'm over it. Can we just get Jensen or Richburg done already. 

I'd be shocked if we didn't get that done. That is the type of signing teams with limited cap space can make. The question is what we do with the rest of our 75 million in cap space with all the good players off the board. 

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

because nothing has happened yet, why get all pissed off when nothing has happened? 

I don't think, and i hope I am right that we don't touch Darkwa 

We agree on Bowles and Mac and I do think Bowles and his "not wanting to play a young qb" is why Mac is even in on Cousins. WE should have had a legit rebuild in Mac's first year and WOody should have said do whatever you have to do to draft your QB. WE should have traded up for one already. 

We basically agree on everything from what I can tell, I am just saying to chill and lets see what happens. 

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

If they sign Bradford they still draft a QB right?

Oh yeah. He’s getting older an is too injury prone. I think the same is true for Keenum and the Broncos. They will need future QB’s. They are just making sure they have decent fall backs and #2’s because anything can happen.

Macc going for the rare double-double: getting the last available FA QB and the last available "top" QB prospect in the draft. Starting to smell a Teddy Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson backfield.

One thing is for sure. Never bet on the Macc in a game of musical chairs. Jeeze Louise.

Archived