FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

mccags likes to 'inquire' but isn't a go for it guy.  that's fine if you have a qb.  he acts as if nothing is critical and that he can draft whomever he wants, stick some retread in as qb and it will all work itself out.

Agreed, you need to take chances to land that QB, hopefully Mac sees this doesn’t think “ hey Mason Rudolph and Josh McCown sound like a hell of a QB room”.  

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I am a patient fan and I know it’s still early in the process,  but this better not he a case of being paralyzed waiting on Cousins. 

It’s exactly what it is, something we have experienced once before when we sat, and waited for Asougha in 2011, remember how that turned out?

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

We're lucky to be picking 6th, Jets didnt quit, Petty happened

if mccown didn't get hurt we'd be with buffalo and miami with zero shot at a qb and then FA would mean that much more.  which doesn't seem to matter b/c we don't seem to be in the running for anyone yet.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s exactly what it is, something we have experienced once before when we sat, and waited for Asougha in 2011, remember how that turned out?

Actually turned out well; he was never the same in Philly...

Jaguars signed OG Andrew Norwell, formerly of the Panthers, to a five-year, $66.5 million contract.

The deal includes a whopping $30 million fully guaranteed and easily makes Norwell the highest paid guard in the league. The Jaguars were not among the teams reported to be suitors for Norwell, but the move makes sense. With Patrick Omameh headed to free agency and A.J. Cann at best a replacement-level player, Jacksonville needed better guard play if they intend to remain a ground-and-pound offense. This signing all but guarantees that is the plan moving forward. Already a solid RB1, this is just more good news for Leonard Fournette.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

tell us what the jets offered please.  Did they even give an offer?  

4 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Worth noting the 49rs will run a similar system to Jets, so competition for similar offensive players.

Yet, center is one of the jets biggest needs.   They should have no excuse not getting their number 1 target (not sure if this was their first target or not).

Well that is bad news because the 49ers will win that competition each time. Because they have a QB and ended on such a positive note.

Just now, baamf said:

Actually turned out well; he was never the same in Philly...

We also lost out on a ton of FA’s because we were keeping our cap space available for him, so it turned out poorly, just as poorly as signing him would have been.

Ravens released Danny Woodhead.

This was widely expected after Woodhead was mostly invisible across just eight games in his one season in Baltimore. The move saves the Ravens $1.8 million against the cap. Now 33, Woodhead has played just 10 games the last two seasons. He will likely have to settle for one-year deals in free agency.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Now people can start to raise their eyebrows... we were reportedly lasered in on Richburg and missed. We don't know if that's actually the case but we desperately need to fix the center position before the draft.

Yeah that one concerns me, seemed like someone they really wanted. If you can't keep the guy in the same market, that is telling.

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I agree, I find it unlikely that we'd be happy with any of the 4 even if that's how fans feel. I feel like he should have 2 prospects he thinks highly of, I just hope he has the balls to make a trade happen.

While I think Cousins would've been the "correct" move from a risk perspective, I am almost glad it doesn't look like he's coming here. Forces Macc to prove whether he has the ability to identify and confidence to go get "his guy." So Macc either proves he's the right man for the job or he gets the boot and we try again.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He's the highest paid guard in NFL History, so that's a lot of money

and you can bet the farm that if the jets were the team to make him the highest paid G in NFL history, that half the board would be screaming how Mac isn't spending wisely.  Frankly, we don't even know if the Jets reached out to Norwell.  I think they should have and would be annoyed if not, but still...  we don't know sh!t.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Chubb’s 3 cone time should eliminate him for consideration at 6. If all the QB’s are gone or we sign Cousins or Bowles says no QB at 6(the most likely) at least draft Landry. The corner from Ohio St would be my second choice even though I wouldn’t like it.

That would imply the Jets use things like metrics or advanced analytics. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

and they care about offense like every other team in the league.

Bowles' dictionary:

Offense: noun. of-fense. Periods of the game when the defense is afforded a respite.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ravens released Danny Woodhead.

This was widely expected after Woodhead was mostly invisible across just eight games in his one season in Baltimore. The move saves the Ravens $1.8 million against the cap. Now 33, Woodhead has played just 10 games the last two seasons. He will likely have to settle for one-year deals in free agency.

Mac's gonna sign this beast and not draft a RB

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

and you can bet the farm that if the jets were the team to make him the highest paid G in NFL history, that half the board would be screaming how Mac isn't spending wisely.  Frankly, we don't even know if the Jets reached out to Norwell.  I think they should have and would be annoyed if not, but still...  we don't know sh!t.

it's better than paying a bunch of crappy guys just so you can justify drafting BAP b/c you convinced yourself you 'filled your needs' in FA

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

So I hope Quenton Nelson can play Center and Guard at the same time to justify picking him at #6 to keep Josh McCown healthy, and open holes for Orleans Darkwa!

If our QB next year isn't a 1st round QB or Cousins I'll pay for the billboards

Just now, Lupz27 said:

So I hope Quenton Nelson can play Center and Guard at the same time to justify picking him at #6 to keep Josh McCown healthy, and open holes for Orleans Darkwa!

Thrill up my leg

image.png

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Chubb’s 3 cone time should eliminate him for consideration at 6. If all the QB’s are gone or we sign Cousins or Bowles says no QB at 6(the most likely) at least draft Landry. The corner from Ohio St would be my second choice even though I wouldn’t like it.

If I had to bet, I’d say Chubb is the likeliest choice, because of course he is.

Archived