FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny watching Adam Sheffner on ESPN reading texts while his cohost is asking him questions.  Easily tell he was only half listening lol

Wonder if it is too late to take on some bad contracts(maybe on the Oline?) in return for some draft picks?  Anyone know how much of the $100M we HAVE to spend this year and cannot roll over to next year.    

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

Funny watching Adam Sheffner on ESPN reading texts while his cohost is asking him questions.  Easily tell he was only half listening lol

Wonder if it is too late to take on some bad contracts(maybe on the Oline?) in return for some draft picks?  Anyone know how much of the $100M we HAVE to spend this year and cannot roll over to next year.    

I thought it was 80% so if it is 100M, 80M 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what it also says? That all those veterans who have cycled through here the past four years have spread the word in every locker room in the league that the Jets franchise is garbage from the inside out.

What primo WR is coming to get targeted 4 times a game? 

OL guys like run blocking, but they like winning football too. And a 3nd out offense is not a selling point.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Mo will get the benefit of the doubt now for sure after this embarassment. Would it be unprecedented for a GM to resign in disgrace?

I don’t think there’s a person in the world who’d like to see Mike Maccagnan fired more than Mike Maccagnan.

Glad its over.  Lets focus on getting some FA's and getting one of the 4 top QB's in the draft. 

Bridgewater is worth the gamble to bridge a new QB,

Bradford would be good too.  He's probably better than Kirk but can't stay healthy.  

Don't get all scrooge on Jensen or any other player on our radar.

Go get the QB you want in the draft!  

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wilkerson saying the Jets losing wore him out likely scared players away too. ******* fat  narcissistic bastard.

Yeah, this is all Wilkersons fault... rolls eyes.

Mac is Idzik, Idzik is Mac

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

What primo WR is coming to get targeted 4 times a game? 

OL guys like run blocking, but they like winning football too. And a 3nd out offense is not a selling point.

You know what else? I’d imagine these dudes aren’t overly enthused about coming to a team led by a mouthy 22 year-old safety who can’t play.

11 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

10 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I thought it was 80% so if it is 100M, 80M 

Pretty sure that it is 89%, but it is over a 4 year period.  The 4 year period ends in 2019, so I think they can roll it all over and don't have to spend anything this year.  The Browns rolled over like $60M.  The floor is cash spending which can be manipulated anyway.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Pretty sure that it is 89%, but it is over a 4 year period.  The 4 year period ends in 2019, so I think they can roll it all over and don't have to spend anything this year.  The Browns rolled over like $60M.  The floor is cash spending which can be manipulated anyway.

I knew there was a floor that they had to reach before they just cut a check to the NFL League office instead of a player.  Id be interested to know what that number is.  

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

TBH if I’m the Jets owner I’m not letting these guys make any decision on drafting a QB now.

Real ownership would have fired both of these sheetheels after week 17. Firing either between free agency and the draft would be unprecedented. But well-deserved. But it's not happening. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what else? I’d imagine these dudes aren’t overly enthused about coming to a team led by a mouthy 22 year-old safety who can’t play.

How anyone could get excited about the offseason that was to build on a slow strong safety at six is beyond me.

Just now, Bugg said:

Real ownership would have fired both of these sheetheels after week 17. Firing either between free agency and the draft would be unprecedented. But well-deserved. But it's not happening. 

If Woody actually cared he’d call Harbaugh at Ann Arbor offer him $120 million and 1% ownership of the team

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is what happened to Cleveland last year when they had huge cap space and nobody wanted any of it. The Jets have no choice but to change the personnel up top. The franchise is an absolute desert right now and needs new leadership. 

This is how I am afraid the rest of the offseason will play out.  We are going to whiff on most big name FAs.  Over pay to sign a bunch of 2nd tier/career back-up types.  Send next year's one to Indy to move up to 3 and select Josh Allen.  Then go 2-14 behind a lousy rookie QB and a mediocre veteran. 

Macc/Bowles get fired.  And we have to try to hire a new coach/new GM with a lousy roster, limited cap space, no answer at QB and no first round pick.  Yeah, our future is bright.

8 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

tell me what our team looks like if we trade up to 3 for Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. Let's start with the fair assumption that we give up the 6th, 37th and 49th picks in the draft. 

I’m not really sure what team looks like but I will say this the last 2 teams (Eagles,Rams) that traded the up for there QBs have rebounded quickly and are reaping the benefits . Time for jets to get serious be aggressive can’t keep taking this passive approach .

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

I knew there was a floor that they had to reach before they just cut a check to the NFL League office instead of a player.  Id be interested to know what that number is.  

Like I said, the number is over a 4 year period.  I misspoke and the next period ends in 2020, which makes sense since that is when the CBA expires.  Each team needs cash spending of 89% over that 4 year period.  You can't know the amount until you know the cap figure for the final year, which has not been set yet.  It is totally irrelevant because 1. the only punishment is to spend the money.  2.  it is subject to manipulation -for instance by changing future salaries to bonus. 3. It goes to the NFLPA, not the league office. 

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams was a crappy pick and the next crappy Macagnan pick will be Manziel 2.0 or Minkah

At this point I hope we go full retard. Draft Minkah. Don't draft a QB. Start Hack from the wildcat all season.

Archived