joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

58 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Sounds like a hell of a tale.

Who was Jason Kelce before 2017? Stefen Wisniewski? I think I was the only Wisniewski fan on the planet before 2018. Halapoulisomething? 

We fall for the same traps over and over and over, actually getting more miserable if a FO shows any sign of not doing the same sh*t.

So keep Carpenter and Winters at guard because, Jason Kelce. 

Sound logic.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Pwnd. And Big Mouth Adams is really enjoying himself.

I hate the Jets too, but why don't people like Jamal Adams? 

• Post of the Week 1

Demarco Murray is getting cut and would be a good placeholder RB for a rookie QB. You want a vet who understands picking up blitz packages etc.

• Like 1

What should have been the Jets prioirty targets, Trey Burton and Allen Robinson both going to the Bears. 

Whoever the first round QB is and protecting him is all that really matters for me this year.

so until all the top OL are elsewhere I'll try and be patient. 

Trey Burton would have made too much sense though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

PFF had him rated as the 68th corner out of 121...

Can you send the link. The grade was like 77.something for 2017 per PFF in the link...there's no way that makes him 68th.

Here's a good ranking with him at 15th, which is probably about right. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754252-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-outside-cornerbacks-of-2017-season

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Interesting...again, I read something where Clairborne was grading out top 20.  

But, whatevs.  Mac has more cap space than he knows what to do with obvi so hopefully Johnson can have a nice few years here. 

I dont think he's a very good player and neither do the Rams but who knows.  Maybe a change of scenery helps. 

There's no way Claiborne was ranking top 20 maybe besides his last year in Dallas where they basically sheltered him with help and let him play on the left side only. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

This site has become 100% polarized.

-One side mostly loves every move made

-One side mostly hates every move made

Very interesting to watch it unfold. It is also a reason why I do not trust many of the opinions shared on this  site. It would make an interesting psychological study.

Bust as far as football commentary, I just really come here for news any more. That makes me a little sad. It did not used to be  like that.

Not me. I hate the Jets but like the Johnson signing. As in it's ok. And the Williamson is a good one. And I love the Bridgewater deal. Then I look at the $10MM to McCown and say **** this team I can't take them seriously.

I can't get over the McCown deal. Don't ******* tell me you couldn't have persuaded Norwell and Richburg and probably another player they'll miss out on by overpaying them with that money. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

That's some interesting math. $10 million gets Norwell, Richburg (ew), AND another player?

If you added an additional 3-4MM guaranteed to what they offered or what the players got, yes. 

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Do we have enough money for the Honeybadger?   What kind of money could he be looking for?

20MM is wrapped up in Wilkerson and McCown. Just fun facts to ponder about this GM. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I probably need to be walked through this. That still comes up short on Norwell’s salary alone IIRC. 

I'll try and go slow for you but I'm not petting your head....4MM + 30MM = 34MM guaranteed... which is more than 30MM guaranteed... which is more appealing especially front loaded the first two years i.e. 15.5MM > 13.5MM in year 1 and 2...a....  The excercise works for every player the Jets say they couldn't afford....so the $10MM on McCown was a ******* waste and could have been spent better on just about any or every free agent or combination of free agents...insert name here. You can allocate or subsidize that $10MM any which way back into the roster and it'd better spent. 

Just now, pointman said:

Ok, I'll bite. Why do you not like Maye for "much longer", Gato?

hahaha, sucker

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

My god Mingo.  for gods sakes.

OMG I still remember breaking down everything they had on him on youtube. That first step tho. ****. 

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Sheldon Richardson sucks it will be fun to watch Spencer Long put him on his back

That's some hardcore homerism there.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

what does cousins care, he's guaranteed $80+ million.

Just mind boggling. When you take a step back it truly is a fucjed up world 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Another thing on Rosen, if he’s too edgy and liberal for the Giants, why doesn’t that hurt him with Donald Trump’s hand-picked Ambassador to the UK? 

****. Good point. **** you for thinking about that. **** this is a good point 

On 3/23/2018 at 3:32 PM, BigRy56 said:

Suh is wildly overrated but with that said, he's better than Mo and won't make what we were going to pay Mo.. So we pay less money to a DT and get better performance..... Win/win

They will be paying Mo $10MM this year to play in GB.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company