joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

One team has been reported to have Lamar Jackson as the #2 QB on their board.  If that team is the Browns, and they take Saquon #1 overall, they should be fairly confident that their #1 or #2 QB will be on the board  at 4. 

Finding an athletic, strong-armed bridge QB to build the offense around, and model NFL quarterbacking...like Tyrod Taylor, makes tremendous sense if that’s the case. 

Waiting past the tampering period is a design to drive up the price and see if any other player acquisitions happen as promised. 

That means money matters. 

That means we get him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I think money will matter but if the Jets can lock down some good FAs early I think that will matter a lot. $30M + good FAs will look better than just $30M. He'll pick from the best situation, hard to imagine it won't be Minnesota.

Yessir, I think locking down Allen Robinson and an upgrade on the OL will go a long way toward enticing him to sign with us for bigger money. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

If his decision actually is going to be made by Wednesday then we have to attack as soon as the legal tampering period starts. Only way.

Considering a dozen trades have ALREADY happened...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He better get to it.

After reports that alleged a figure of a three-year, $91 million contract with a record amount of guaranteed money was being offered to Cousins by Minnesota with, NFL insider Adam Caplan says he’s gotten word that the QB will indeed choose to sign with the Vikings via a deal that will pay him a whopping $27 million per season.

Is it three for $91M? or is it $27M per year? It can’t be both cause the math is off.... by $10M, which makes me think nobody REALLY knows. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol no visits.. That guy has his mind made up .. 

“I’m told” is the equivalent of not having a citable source.  

I thought KC said he’d take his time making up his mind, which actually makes sense; getting courted about town truly seeing what each team has to offer makes all the sense in the world. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

DYBlab9V4AAyGaC?format=jpg

Bridgewater is also (wait for it) considered to be our main back up plan.  Sounds to me like Camp Bridgewater has a major leak, and one that looks to serve its’ client very well! 

I’m cool with the documentary idea. As a football fan, I’d love to see more of what goes on behind the scenes.  The Hard Knocks, Mic’d Up, and Sound FX stuff is all cool in my book. 

And I’m really excited to see a competent QB on our team, so I’m extremely cool with Kirk Cousins. They just replayed his game against Seattle (on NFLN) and he made some absolutely gorgeous throws. And I mean GORGEOUS. 

He also made some mistakes and didn’t post the best stats... but he lead his team to victory.  And that’s all I’m hoping for. While some of y’all are going to undoubtedly hold him and his contract to some insane standard, and point to whatever stat (or lack of stats) can drive your agenda to say how dumb our team is, I’m stoked that we finally targeted a player we’ve identified to make our team better, and are attempting to do WHATEVER it takes to get him. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Shows what he knows.  He's off the market too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Claiborne was a good CB1, but he’d be an AMAZING CB2. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

This is cool. Any chance we re-sign DD, and have Lee play the $LBer role we want Mathieu to play? 

• Like 2

Terrell Pryor had his best season as a pro with the Browns (2016)

77 receptions, 1,007 yards, 4 TDs. 

Josh McCown was one of his QBs & Crowell was a teammate. 

Sign this beast already

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

FA wish list going into Wednesday for me would be....

Ryan Jensen

Morris Claiborne, LSU

Terrell Pryor

Barkevious Mingo, LSU

Honey Badger, LSU

This is my list ^^^ 

It adds (3) more LSU Tigers to the team, which goes a long way toward locker room chemistry.  I’ve already pointed out that Pryor has previous CLE teammates currently on the roster (in McCown and Crowell), we could add Mingo to that list as well. In terms of money, he just played for the Colts for $2M, so I’m sure we could bait him to our roster with some dollars. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely need a pass rushing OLB with some upside. That has to be on the target list. It would make our defense so much more aggressive and quick on the point of attack instead of big slow run stuffing and no coverage over the middle to be found. Get us someone who can bend the corner. Avery Williamson was an awesome signing and should replace the run stopping ability of DD. But where is the pass rush coming from? Definitely need someone decent enough to take on that role and preferably someone who can permanently take on that role.

Ealy and Xavier Cooper should be solid DE depth signing and will provide awesome rotational value.should resign them both. Wouldn’t mind finding a relatively young stop gap option to replace Wilkerson if we can find someone. 

As I said, really betting on getting Jensen and having elite center play for the first time since Mangold held it down as great as he did. Sign maybe a young guy to play behind a starting G and then obviously we can have some flexibility in the draft when looking for guys who can come in and provide depth, themselves without reaching for one. I do however believe we won’t cut Carpenter until after the draft...it will depend on who we come out with and how the positions depth looks in May.

Boom. The ‘original’ Arden Key

• Like 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

How is Mingo’s production the past few years? I remember when he was drafted and then never really payed attention afterwards. I’d welcome that signing if he can play some ball.

Oh it’s horrible. He went from CLE to NE to IND, and after five years in the league he’s managed 9.0 sacks. But he’s young, has great bend, and first round pedigree. If we’re taking cheap flyers I’m not sure you can beat his upside for under $4M. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Marvin Lewis is only NFL coach I've seen here. John Elway's here, so is Jets GM Mike Maccagnan. Only front office guy for Browns I've seen is Alonzo Highsmith.

OKLAHOMA PRO DAY

Probably the dumbest possible day to host a pro day! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

So if we play Trumaine in press coverage we have a legit shut down CB. If he plays off-man we have a middling CB. 

This should be obvious to anyone who’s seen him; he’s built like a trim linebacker. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

From the chatter I heard at the combine, don't expect the Jets to pursue Tyrann Mathieu.

At the combine? when tampering was illegal? And when he wasn’t yet released? So it was double tampering?

I believe this report to be true.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I tweeted to my home boy Jamal Adams and he’s coming thru with the work for us

Dude. Let’s get Claiborne back and sign the Badge

Legion of Boom, nah

*FLYING TIGERS* 

ftmfw

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: Jamal Adams is great and versatile and great and a playmaker and great.

Also Jets fans: What we really need now is a hybrid linebacker slot corner.

I’m not sure how much of my enthusiasm is really about moving on from Skrine. 

• Upvote 1

Let’s build a Super Secondary so when we play Minnesota this year Kirk plays like crap. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN)

3/14/18, 3:18 PM

Former Jets linebacker Demario Davis expected to sign with the New Orleans Saints per source. Deal is 3 years, $24 million, $18 million in guaranteed

Vilma’d 

• Like 2

I prefer Terrel Pryor over Brandon Coleman, at least he broke 1,000 yards once, with Josh McCown to boot. 

• Like 1

49ers sign Jerry Attaochu to one-year deal

Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2018, 5:46 PM

The 49ers have signed outside linebacker Jerry Attaochu to a one-year deal, his representatives, SportsTrust Advisors, announced on Twitter.

The Chargers moved up in the second round in 2014 to select Attaochu, who left Georgia Tech as the school’s all-time sack leader with 31.5. But his four seasons with the Chargers were defined by injuries

Ryan Grant played dirty!

Back on the open market due to “failed physical” after news of Crabtree getting cut gets reported. 

I thought I read that we were interested so this bears monitoring. 

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm shocked he's coming in for a visit, after Claiborne I figured we were done in

the secondary

I'm shocked anyone is coming in for visits with our brass touring the country checking out draft-eligible QBs. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company