joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Also guarantees Denver takes a QB at 4. Might not be the worst move to offer up a conditional 6th rounder for Siemian ASAP in case Kirk gives the rose to the hot broad.

Hot broads are cold as ice in the sack. Macc just needs to strap on his knee pads and even the play field a bit.

Macc is used to going the GILF route in free agency, so he’s going to have to adjust his game for sure.

So at the meeting he'll ask Kirk if he's hungry 100 times before Kirk finally relents and accepts a sandwich made from last night's roast?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

We need to find out how long the documentary is supposed to be so we know how long he drags this out. :rolleyes:

We need to hire a plane with banner to follow him around and get on camera as much as possible

• Like 1

Macc going for the rare double-double: getting the last available FA QB and the last available "top" QB prospect in the draft. Starting to smell a Teddy Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson backfield.

One thing is for sure. Never bet on the Macc in a game of musical chairs. Jeeze Louise.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Depends on how you use it. 

Or don't. In Scrooge McCag's case.

image.png

• Haha 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

NFL rules declare that he has to spend some

We'll have the the team with the smallest standard deviation in salaries from top to bottom in the league.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So? 

You ain't winning if you don't focus a disproportionate amount of your resources on your starters. A 5th CB or 6th OL making triple league minimum isn't how to build a post-season contender.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Eagles won with depth

Bad example they were an uncannily healthy team actually. Except at the QB position which just makes it seem like they over came a bunch of injury issues which they really did not. Not discounting their success but their stars got them to the SB.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I was the Vikings and I just made a run like that with Case Keenum, I’d politely tell Kirk to **** off, make a big show of it, then have Spielman cook up extensions for five or six of the best dudes on the roster instead. It’d be a great Hoosiers-style “my team is on the floor” moment. 

Withdraw the contract offer during the live reveal on Kirk's docu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

5000+ posts per year... But, it doesn't matter.

You know the difference between a skilled troll and an unskilled one? The skilled one is not even recognized as a troll!

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

16K posts on a Jets forum trying to tell me there are bigger things in life

Irony is lost on anyone who uses someone's presence on an internet messageboard to belittle them... via posts on the same messageboard. 

Come on folks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

That would be relelvant if I was a troll

#NotAllAboutYou

I was talking about Tom Shane (as the skilled variety)

Just now, JiF said:

The Jets could have paid more...which is why all FA's wanted to sign here.  

Even Honey Badger won't sign here and Bowles is the grandfather of his kid!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Honey badger dont play.

image.pngimage.png

• Upvote 1

My feelings on Cousins are mixed as well.  That said, I tend to agree that by not making a big move at WR, we're not doing anything to make this a more attractive destination for him.  Everyone's offering big money, so does Jermaine Kearse, maybe Enunwa, and Bukkake Anderson make sense for him?

Cousins isn't coming to Jets. Whiffing/not trying on Watkins and Robinson (whichever the case may be) is what's called "a tell" in poker.

It's over.

• Like 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We can only carry over a certain amount into next year. It would be really inexplicable if we don't spend at least 60 million in free agency. 

Maybe the thought is that certain players may get cut down the road. 

We can extend all our studs... oh wait. :(

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MDL_JET said:

When did I say they got unlucky??? I'm not one of the guys that said any FA would sign here because we have the most money no matter what. 

I wish we added one of Robinson or Watkins but i'm not gonna cry over losing out on WR's. I said i'd be pissed if we do miss out on the oline and a top Center. I care more about the line. 

Having the most money is step one. Not being a risk-averse p***y cake and actually having the confidence to trust your scouting/due diligence to offer the most money is step two.

• Like 1

This year, I wouldn't be miserable if "can't miss" guys fell to us.  Only because I get the feeling this year, with trades and just who's up there, 4 QBs are going to go very early.

I'm lying of course, I'll be miserable because if that happens, it means that we're again not getting a QB.  But, unlike in past years, 4 QBs could easily go quickly, forcing some actual talent down.  Not just decent players who play unimportant positions.

This is exactly Macc's strategy. Protect his neck at all times by standing pat and picking guys he can't be criticized for picking in the 1st.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

just when I thought you turned a logic corner you're back to this tripe..

sigh..  

how about we wait until any NFL team can actually sign anyone?

A lot of it could be that players/agents are predicting Bowles/Macc are gone after the year and then the new regime comes in an cleans house (again). Meaning Jets contracts are only as good as the guarantee, no more, no less. Period.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I really hate the idea of waiting at 6, I think it's hard to believe at least one of the QBs isn't there but if we miss on Cousins is it really worth risking that?

Also doesn't say much about Macc if he trusts "whichever QB falls to us" versus his own scouting on who is the guy to go get.

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I agree, I find it unlikely that we'd be happy with any of the 4 even if that's how fans feel. I feel like he should have 2 prospects he thinks highly of, I just hope he has the balls to make a trade happen.

While I think Cousins would've been the "correct" move from a risk perspective, I am almost glad it doesn't look like he's coming here. Forces Macc to prove whether he has the ability to identify and confidence to go get "his guy." So Macc either proves he's the right man for the job or he gets the boot and we try again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

and they care about offense like every other team in the league.

Bowles' dictionary:

Offense: noun. of-fense. Periods of the game when the defense is afforded a respite.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

So I hope Quenton Nelson can play Center and Guard at the same time to justify picking him at #6 to keep Josh McCown healthy, and open holes for Orleans Darkwa!

Thrill up my leg

image.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peebag said:

How are they going to get to the cap floor?

Instead of overpaying for 2-3 impact players we will overpay for 10 JAGs. Duh.

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Burton to Bears. 

ASJ

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Have we posited that maybe Maccagnan’s phone is sitting in a bowl of rice maybe?

Everybody chill he's baking up a fresh batch of cupcakes for the courtship of Malcolm Butler.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And when they finally pick up the phone to call Bridgewater will already be inking his deal as a backup elsewhere because the thought of playing for the Jets with their talent level is extremely unappealing, and bad for his career, and also because he knows he would probably end up being the backup to a 1st round QB they draft by week 6 the latest.

The Jets better ink McCown before somebody else does for their sake, thou I’m personally hoping by the time Cousins ends his visit with Minny, and finally makes the signing official that Bridgewater, McCarron, McCown, and any other QB worth anything is all signed forcing Todd Bowles to play whatever rookie QB Macc hands him.

I think you mean whichever QB is left after all the QB-needy teams out maneauver Macc in the draft.

Fine day to try to kick the coffee habit, Macc.

giphy.gif

This is Idzik all over again only with an even worse head coach if that can be believed

• Post of the Week 1

Right now Chris Johnson is lamenting his terrible luck of getting an NFL team for free

You’ve got to make the franchise marketable and it currently not, at all, to anyone. When you see this kind of systems failure taking place, this goes beyond players just preferring to go elsewhere. This is a case where agents don’t even take your money seriously. 

Players care about stats. Guarantees and performance = future security.  Who the Hell would come to the Jets unless it was their last contract? It's like flushing your future earnings down the crapper.

Macc's plan to get Cousins backfired

image.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That's why you don't wait until your franchise QBs last contract year to extend. That way you have a little more leverage as they get an immediate raise while still under your control. I don't think the full guarantees will become a huge trend for that reason.

So now we get to watch our rookie QB get killed while throwing to losers. Talk about setting someone up to bust.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what it also says? That all those veterans who have cycled through here the past four years have spread the word in every locker room in the league that the Jets franchise is garbage from the inside out.

Mo will get the benefit of the doubt now for sure after this embarassment. Would it be unprecedented for a GM to resign in disgrace?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company