joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Still a little ways to go before the 4th and something tells me that Cousins destination spot is going to take a solid week and a half into FA to be decided.

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Wouldn’t mind giving him an opportunity to battle it out with a rookie but I’m sure he is looking for a definite starter spot. 

Rosen/ AJ Mcarron/ Hack

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Quick: Put a value on him. 

I say $10M.  Good backup with the outside potential to be a starting quality player.  That puts him above Fitzpatrick and McCown IMO.  The Garoppolo contract probably helps him, but the flame outs by Glennon and Osweiler hurt. I would go a bit higher, but not a crazy amount more.  He will get considerably more, considering Glennon at $18M and Osweiler $21M, probably around $20M.  It will be interesting. 

If I’m the Jets, I’m not touching him if the price isn’t completely team sided. He hasn’t proved anything. I just like the idea of having him as reliable depth.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

NFL Draft analyst Chad Forbes has spoken with one Giants source who told him the franchise is very serious about signing Norwell in free agency.

"Spoke w/ Giants source on Andrew Norwell," Forbes Tweeted. "Said Giants prepared make Norwell highest paid Guard NFL History. And if new Agent Drew Rosenhaus takes Norwell elsewhere (49ers) it would create friction in relationship. Assumes Panthers don't Tag Norwell... But Giants are SERIOUS."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/New-York-Giants-will-make-Andrew-Norwell-NFLs-highest-paid-guard-in-free-agency-115203114/Amp

Cornerback FA rumors..Jason La Confora

The least surprising mention was with the Denver Broncos, where he said, “Aqib Talib is gone.” He remains under contract, but there have been numerous rumors he will be traded or released this offseason.

The Los Angeles Rams have franchised Trumaine Johsnon each of the last two years, and it sounds like a third straight year will not happen. “Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams, according to a league source.” Not exactly a shocking revelation, but another one saying it.

There are rumblings about Josh Norman’s future there as well, and they could save $15 million in cash and $8 million in cap space by parting with him. “You just moved on from a franchise quarterback and paid a guy to replace him who you didn’t have to pay, so anything is possible there,” a personnel director said. “There is no way I would have extended Alex Smith like that. I hear that Norman hates the front office and would want to leave anyway. Something could happen there.”

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I would actually love it . The Jets would have an opportunity at either the top RB, the top edge rusher or the top offensive tackle in the draft and still have the opportunity to get a solid QB prospect in the 2nd round .

We’ll have a shot at the top OT regardless imo. I just don’t see any team ahead of us or behind us picking an OT that early.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Sign Cousins, take Barkley it Chubb, whichever of the two falls to them, and take Lauletta or Falk later on in the draft.

Got it right in my opinion. I absolutely love Lauletta.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

To be honest, I haven't seen much of him. I just know there's a lot of buzz around him right now. 

I've seen Falk play. I actually like him a lot.

Falk is very accurate and accuracy is my favorite skill in a QB. Falk plays tough and he’s going to be very good if he gets the proper coaching. My only concern is his footwork under center and decision making. Good coaching will fix that right up and you’ll see him succeed based on that accuracy trait. It’s soooo important .. arm strength is good but you don’t need better arm strength over better accuracy. Brady never had the strongest arm.

Demario Davis..hot DAMN. 

171 tackles, 5 sacks and 13.5 tackles for a loss.

All for Calvin Pryor who was cut in training camp by Cleveland.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

No surprise - Jets declined Ijalana's option.  Saves $4.6MM cap space.

77.5 million of cap space now with this move.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Stay away Mac, the muscle hampster is bust, boom, bust bust... 

Plus at this point, he is just too injured these days and older.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King P said:

It's being said Landry may be available via sign & trade.

No thanks though

They wouldn’t trade him to the Jets in a million years anyway.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

ESPN's Jordan Raanan believes Giants CB Eli Apple will be traded this offseason.

Apple is unquestionably talented, but he was a massive locker-room headache in 2017, clashing with coaches, teammates, and the organization. It is possible the new coaching staff decides to give the 2016 first-round pick a clean slate, but Raanan expects them to move on. Trading Apple will cost the Giants around $500,000 in cap space.

See the Giants can’t draft either, 1st round pick wasted.

Corner back market really shaking up nicely.

Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller, EJ Gaines and Colvin 

maybe even Eli Apple, Marcus Peters on the trade block as well.

Report: Jets haven’t discussed a new contract with Wesley Johnson

SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano reports the Jets and free agent center Wesley Johnson have not discussed a new contract at this point in time.

It’s not clear exactly what the Jets’ plans are at center since according to multiple sources the two sides haven’t had any substantive discussions on a new contract.

Johnson had a brutal 2017 season, his first year as an NFL starter. For this reason, I am sure many people will say, “Obviously the Jets aren’t going to negotiate with him. He was bad.” Well, you never know. Teams make questionable decisions all the time. It is good to hear that the Jets don’t seem to have much interest in bringing him back.

Vacchiano’s report actually comes in the middle of an article where he makes the unlikely case that re-signing Johnson should be a priority and even that it could be a selling point to attract Kirk Cousins. He even suggests that the Jets should use the franchise tag on Johnson if they cannot re-sign him. It is worth noting that the franchise tag doesn’t differentiate between tackle, guard, and center. Offensive line is considered one position so Johnson would be paid like a franchise left tackle if the Jets used the tag.

Let’s just say you would not have a happy John B if any of this was to occur. However, signs so far indicate the Jets are willing to move in a different direction.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2018/2/22/17039704/report-jets-havent-discussed-a-new-contract-with-wesley-johnson

Lol we really aren’t in this race like we think we are. It’s Minnesota or Denver as long as the money looks OK. Doesn’t have to look great. I mean he’s not needing money. He got franchise tagged twice. Money doesn’t matter as much as some of you think it does.

• Like 1

Gronk is expected to return next season. “Didn’t enjoy himself last season” “WWE future may be on hold”

Per NFL.com

lmao.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

From Jason la canfora:

• Continue to hear the Jags are far more likely to keep or add several lesser-paid receivers (retaining Marquise Lee, for starters) than they are to pony up big to keep Allen Robinson.

But probably will still franchise tag right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Screw him then.  You can do a hell of a lot better than him for that price.  I was fine bringing him back on a contract on the lower tier of starter contracts, and even then wanting there to be competition against him for the job, because he deserves to be handed absolutely nothing.  But for that much?  It's not even worth discussing, he's nowhere close to worth it.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

For what? 

Trey Burton please. F this guy. Don’t pay 7 million a year for potential that has never seen been close to realized. He’s not going to wind up being that good.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Upon a quick check, the TEs currently due $7M+ in 2018?  Gronk, Ertz, Reed, Ebron, Kelce.  Ebron is the only outlier there, and that number is because he's on his 5th year option.  Give me an f'n break if ASJ thinks he deserves anywhere close to the rest of those guys.

CHRIST. 

Yeah, this guy is on the F’n sauce again!!!

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Just came here to post this. He'll be 30 in June but if we aren't signing Cousins I'd be open to bringing him in assuming Dallas tags Lawrence.

We need someone. I’d be cool with a 1-2 year deal

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company