joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Report: Raiders may cut Michael Crabtree, Marshawn Lynch

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 1, 2018, 8:04 PM EST
gettyimages-859120380-e1519952664483.jpg
Getty Images

Despite comments from Raiders G.M. Reggie McKenzie and coach Jon Gruden that indicated receiver Michael Crabtree and running back Marshawn Lynch were in the plans for 2018, both could be gone before the regular season.

That’s the word from Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, who reports that both players are in flux and could be out of Oakland this year.

The issue is the players’ salaries: Crabtree has a cap hit of $7.7 million this season, while Lynch has a cap hit of nearly $6 million and could earn more in performance incentives. The Raiders would like to have both players back, but not necessarily at those prices.

Lynch has a roster bonus of $1 million due on March 18, so the Raiders may need to decide on his status soon. There’s more time to decide on Crabtree’s status. But decisions will need to be made on both players at some point in the months ahead, and those decisions won’t be as easy as McKenzie and Gruden suggested.

Crabtree and Landry are very similar.... strong hands and fight for the ball. He'd be someone I wouldn't mind seeing opposite Anderson, with Enunwa in the slot.

• Upvote 2

Jarvis Landry traded to the Browns for two Draft Picks.... details to follow per NFL Network

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Browns deal for Landry but for me the bigger news is Miami getting two picks and more ammo to move up for a QB.

Won't be high picks.... maybe a 5th rounder this year considering he will have to be paid $16mm

Not sure that gets Miami to #3 pick.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bye bye mayfield.  indy will trade back.  

To the Jets!! Rosen/Mayfield

Richard Sherman signs 3 yr deal with San Fran per Adam Shefte

$39mm

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Took the Jags 5 years, took the Raiders even longer than that. What happen to the 49ers was a gift from Bill Belichick, any team that acquired Jimmy G especially that much cap would have had a fast turn around. 

If we get our QB this season then we will be contending for a playoff berth this season, after that I think the sky is the limit.

Time to update your Mock lots of trades and Tags not represented in your Mock 1.0.

appreciate the effort though,

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When Cousins signs with Minnesota there are going to be a ton of hissyfits thrown here for outcomes that were expected in the first place

Cousins to Minny means Mac HAS to go ALL in on getting pick #3 and take Rosen or Allen. No way around it. His future as. GM depends on it. He will overpay to beat out Buffalo 

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

No Income Tax in Jacksonville, better climate and a Championship caliber team..... Go figure:confused:

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Guess there's no need when you're going for Darnold/Allen.

Or Head Fake

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Wow...so substantially more (compared to $28MM/year).  He really wanted to go to MIN.  Can't blame him.  But forgive me for not wishing them good luck up there.  

If you can get a "RING" you have to go for it. Was watching A Football Life on Dan Marino. One of the All Time greats.... had 1 shot at a ring, failed against SF, and never had another shot. Leaving $10 mil on the table is a lot of cash..... but once you are a SB Champ and potential HOF player, you can make back that $10m in endorsements and autographs and commentator gig.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Interesting...again, I read something where Clairborne was grading out top 20.  

But, whatevs.  Mac has more cap space than he knows what to do with obvi so hopefully Johnson can have a nice few years here. 

I dont think he's a very good player and neither do the Rams but who knows.  Maybe a change of scenery helps. 

Then why did they place the Franchise Tag on him in consecutive years?:confused::Irate:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This Trumaine Johnson deal scares me.  It is big money and we are basically locked for 3.  He is an older (28) dude, this is the first time he is getting paid and he is coming off a bit of a down season.  I like the guy, but this is a big signing, not an under the radar deal.  I hope they did their homework. 

C52WFdkU4AA1bDm.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Rams are paying less for Peters and Talib duo than we are paying for only Trumaine Johnson

They weren't signed as FA! Peters still on his rookie deal, Talib is on his final contract most likely.

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Teams do all sorts of silly sh*t with the franchise tag.

They just gave up draft capital for 2 literal psychopaths to pass on Johnson.   That's pretty telling.  

Do you know how much a 3rd consecutive Tag would cost for a CB. Washington had to make the same decision and offer up Draft capital to sign Alex Smith. Your argument is weak.

12 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Sorry but you're wrong. The Rams have been making moves to cut salary this offseason because they need space to sign Aaron Donald, you know the first DT to win NFL DPOY since 1999. They COULDN'T pay Johnson and then had to trade for Peters (who is still cheap on a rookie year) so they wouldn't lose so much talent at CB. 

This guy gets it..... JIF... not so much.:Pain:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

C'mon dog. You are using their current number which obviously doesn't include Johnson. Add him in and the fact they need to re-up Donald's contract and what would they have left? 

JIF once again fails to get the BIG picture. He’s stuck finding “Waldo” at the zoo

Just now, Augustiniak said:

going to have to draft those at this point, starting with a quarterback.  that's why not trading up and getting a qb is very appealing, keeping those 2nd rounders.

If we can get Mayfield at #6 which I think we can, I stay put and keep those 2 second rd. picks for a double OL infusion!

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

3/15/18, 12:00 PM

More changes coming in Miami: Dolphins center Mike Pouncey has requested his released and Miami is expected to grant it today, per source. Moving on from Pouncey, Ndamukong Suh, Jarvis Landry.

Guy's a thug. Would want no part of him in Green & White

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You want NFL ratings to tick up ten points overnight?

Yeah.... but can he throw the football into that 55 gallon garbage can.... Tebowesque!! 

Free Agency Debrief: Four reshaped teams I can't wait to see

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  
Print
  • _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg
  • By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The NFL Editor

The busiest week of the NFL offseason is winding down, with an uncomfortable reality looming around the corner: There's going to be a long wait to see these reconfigured squads play actual football again.

After a flurry of surprises in this first wild phase of free agency, here's a look at the four teams I'm most eager to see back on the field in their new form:

Cleveland Browns

It's hard to fully believe coach Hue Jackson when he says that there will be "no competition" at quarterback this offseason because trade acquisitionTyrod Taylor is the starter. And it doesn't particularly matter. The Browns already have a quarterback with better big-play ability than any that Jackson has coached in his disastrous two years with the team. The expected addition of a high-octane rookie quarterback, likely with the No. 1 pick, will only make the Browns even more watchable in 2018.

In wideout Jarvis Landry, the Browns traded for the surest pair of hands in football, a slot receiver who can beat defenders before and after the catch with short-area quickness. Free-agent running back Carlos Hyde is a boom-or-bust pickup who can often be more entertaining than effective, like a poor man's LeSean McCoy. I'll take that over watching another 3-yard gain from Isaiah Crowell, who left to sign with the Jets. Jackson should also benefit from having Josh Gordon -- who returned to the field last December after losing the previous three years to a series of suspensions -- in a full offseason of practices.

The Browns don't necessarily look like anything more than the type of 5-11 outfit that drove Cleveland fans plenty crazy throughout most of the last two decades, but the excitement here is partly due to how unfinished this team remains. With two picks in the top four of the draft and four picks in the top 35, the Browns' free-agency-season splurge -- they also added T.J. Carrie, Darren Fells, Chris Hubbard, Chris Smith, Terrance Mitchell and Donald Stephenson -- will be supplemented by top-shelf rookie talent. This team should look barely recognizable by the time Week 1 arrives, which is the only sensible approach coming off a winless season.

Los Angeles Rams

The Rams upgrading their excellent secondary is one of the big upsets of this offseason. General manager Les Snead knew last month that he had three starters headed to free agency (safety Lamarcus Joyner, cornerback Trumaine Johnson and nickel back Nickell Robey-Coleman) and another one (Kayvon Webster) recovering from an Achilles tear. The Rams' relative lack of salary-cap space made it appear that defensive coordinator Wade Phillips' group would inevitably take a step back.

Instead, Snead found a way to improvethe No. 1 corner spot, going from Johnson to former Chief Marcus Peters, while saving a lot of money in the process. Trading for Aqib Talib, who played his best career ball under Phillips in Denver, shored up the other starting spot, while Snead was able to retain Joyner with the franchise tag and keep Robey-Coleman on a bargain contract.

All three Rams cornerbacks ranked in the top 25 of Pro Football Focus' grades in 2017. Both safeties, including 2017 rookie John Johnson, ranked in the top 10 at their position. Talib and Peters bring personality and competitiveness to a defense built for thievery. A catchy nickname is the only remaining piece to the puzzle for what should be the best secondary in football.

Chicago Bears

New coach Matt Nagy's expected aggressive offensive philosophy was quickly matched in free agency by GM Ryan Pace's fervor in acquiring Nagy some toys. It's incredibly rare to see a receiver with a true No. 1 skill set become available in free agency, so Pace accepted some risk in Allen Robinson, who is coming off a torn ACL. Although, in 2018, it's not that huge a risk, anyhow, with most young players returning from ACL surgery nearly good as new.

In tight end Trey Burton and wide receiver Taylor Gabriel, the Bears paid a lot of money for role players. But Pace was determined to build Nagy's offense from scratch quickly in the same manner that Snead did for Rams coach Sean McVay and quarterback Jared Goff last year. Now second-year pro Mitchell Trubisky will have an array of options, with Nagy able to dictate matchup advantages on the perimeter. The Bears needed a group of weapons, not just a signing or two. With running backs Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen already in place, they at least have a starting five.

Pace is not done yet, as the team must continue to fill out its wide receiver depth. But the Bears' moves on defense (re-signing cornerback Prince Amukamara and picking up linebacker Aaron Lynch, a former acolyte of coordinator Vic Fangio) bodes well for that side of the ball remaining steady. If the John Fox Bears were in the dark ages in terms of watchability, Nagy should bring them into the light, safe for national television again.

Tennessee Titans

Like Nagy in Chicago, new Titans coach Mike Vrabel was bound to feel like a jolt of energy compared to his sleepy coaching predecessor. The acquisition ofcornerback Malcolm Butler will further invigorate a defense that was too often lifeless a season ago. Butler plays with a rare manic energy, not so different from his new/old teammate Logan Ryan, a fellow former Patriot.

The offensive philosophy of coordinator Matt LaFleur, who comes from the Kyle Shanahan/Sean McVay coaching tree, should only help open up this offense. In former Patriots running back Dion Lewis, the Titans got the perfect complement to bruising runner Derrick Henry. Both Lewis and Henry will be better players with lesser workloads.

My inclusion of the Titans here is partly due to the players that are no longer with the team. From Matt Cassel and Eric Decker to Harry Douglas, DeMarco Murray and Da'Norris Searcy, the Titans unloaded members of a roster that seemed destined for the soft middle of NFL standings. Butler, Lewis and a new approach on offense should give the Titans a higher ceiling -- and provide for a smoother viewing experience on Sundays.

5 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I don't see it. If the consensus is that there are two franchise QBs, as the board believes, you can't be the GM that passes on a Franchise QB because Eli may play 2 more years. On top of that, did Eli play particular well last season? From his play, you believe a GM will warrant that enough of a reason to pass on a franchise QB? And, imagine being the GM that trades the #2 pick that ends up being a franchise QB. And then add that to trading that player to the cross town NYJ.

If the Giants pass on a QB or trade the pick, the reason has to be they just don't view that player as a franchise QB. There is no other explanation. You can't be picking #2 and have any other explanation.

You can’t rule out how much say the Mara clan has in this decision. Eli has brought them 2 incredible SB Championships. The media would make it unbearable if Rosen is sitting the bench. Mara’s let Eli leave as on his terms

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Again, if the Giants, the Maras believe there is a franchise QB there at two, they are not going to let Eli dictate the pick. Whats more important to their team, their fan base, Eli leaving on his terms, or a future franchise QB. 

Giants picking 2 have more pressure to get this right, then the Jets picking at 6. If the Giants trade the pick, and that pick turns out to be franchise QB, Gettleman will be ostracized. Bottom line is this, if the Giants pass on a QB at two, then those QBs better not turn out to be franchise QBs because you don't pass on one when you're picking #2 in the draft.

Eli would never”dictate”anything. Too classy of a team player. Look how he handled the benching for Geno. Mara/fans were furious. Cost the coach his job! You think the Giants want that type of chaos? They’re better taking Faulk later to groom

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd bet we offered more but not what he was looking for. He's going to do well in Huston and will cash in next year.

Very good D, young franchise Qb in the making with some talent on the outside and a good OL. Have a good season and get payday next year at 26

• Upvote 1

Just now, BrickTamland said:

in other words, he didn't care about winning at all. he wanted to procure the best stats and move on. not that i blame him. but hes full of it

Win where? The 3 teams in the running were Jets, Giants and Texans. I think he went with the winning hand

Bowles told the Badger “Baby Daddy Badger” with this roster, McCown and a GM set on drafting Minkah, my ass is gone next year. Do what’s right for my grandchild and head west young man.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is a time upgrade.

It's also a serving upgrade. Tough to make one cup of coffee in a normal coffee pot. That's where Keurig is a lifesaver. 3pm and you need that boost to get you through the day...... Bam!! 2 minutes later I.m good to go:cheergal:

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm shocked he's coming in for a visit, after Claiborne I figured we were done in

the secondary

Honey Badger Part Deaux..... "The Forgery"

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

If we bring in Gaines, I wonder what kind of trade market there might be for Skrine.  Maybe we can add a pick.

Isn't cutting ties with Skrine a total wash? No dead money iirc....

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

where is the visit?  Aren't Mac, Bates and everyone else on their way to Wyoming?  How does this work?  Hurns arrives but none of the F.O. are there?  

Read the last 10 posts for a recap!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Was hoping we could have signed him last offseason.

anyone onboard with a 1 yr. deal?

The Washington Redskins have reportedly pulled a contract offer to outside linebacker Junior Galette.

Galette, 29, is a free agent after spending the past three seasons in Washington. He missed the entire 2015 and 2016 seasons with foot injuries, but was healthy last season. Galette was productive in a limited role, recording three sacks as a rotational pass rusher.

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Was hoping we could have signed him last offseason.

anyone onboard with a 1 yr. deal?

The Washington Redskins have reportedly pulled a contract offer to outside linebacker Junior Galette.

Galette, 29, is a free agent after spending the past three seasons in Washington. He missed the entire 2015 and 2016 seasons with foot injuries, but was healthy last season. Galette was productive in a limited role, recording three sacks as a rotational pass rusher.

The Browns have also expressed some interest in former Redskins outside linebacker Junior Galette, but have yet to set up a visit

44 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s had two season ending injuries over the last two years.

I’d rather just bring back Ealy on a 1-2 year deal.

EDIT: Didn't realize he was healthy last season. Would still rather bring back Ealy on a reasonable, cheap short-term deal. 

Ealy is a DE. Gallette is a designated OLB pass rusher. Maulden is a ? and Jenkins is more SSLB. I think he’s worth a gamble

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

AP NFL (@AP_NFL)

4/16/18, 12:25 PM

Bills open offseason workouts by signing receiver Jeremy Kerley @john_wawrow apne.ws/K84IBbe pic.twitter.com/i9qCbyDldn

:rl:

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company