joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

21 minutes ago, Stark said:

Stay away Mac, the muscle hampster is bust, boom, bust bust... 

Martin is hot garbage.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Landry and Allen Robinson both getting tagged?

Well damn.

Robby Anderson isn't going anywhere and we need to hope Enunwa is healthy because we aren't getting a #1 WR in Free Agency. Hopefully we divert those funds towards rebuilding our Oline and Cousins. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

A combination of Marquise Lee, Decker and Jimmy Graham gives us a capable receiving corps for Cousins

Robby is getting at least a 6 game suspension and Enunwa might never play again

Why not go after Brandon Marshall and Tony Gonzalez while you're at it. We need to get younger and faster, not older and slower. Lee would be an OK signing, but i have zero interest in Decker and limited interest in Graham at his age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No because it releases 3QBs into the open market. There is no real doomsday scenario that is realistic for the Jets

It releases 3 QBs that another team didn't want. Not exactly a good scenario. Sure we're destined to have a better QB situation than last year but many of us were hoping for cousins or one of the top 3 and not just "better than mccown, Petty and hack"

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Hopefully mccags won't take the bait.  At some point everyone is going to get tired of Kirk cousins trying to get revenge on the nfl for overlooking him in the draft and on Snyder for preferring rg3.  Enough already, get over it, pick a team, sell your house and shut up.

Free agency hasn't started yet....

Just now, Beerfish said:

Bridgewater should be plan D, the guy has not played in 2 years, we have no clue about him at all.

Also Allen Robinson has done dick all for2 years.  Last year was the injury but he just sucked the year before.

We are scrambling to  go after guys that have done zero in 2 years?

He's been playing with the worst QB in the league. He has#1 Wr talent. Is he perfect, no. But perfect Wr's don't come on the market. If we don't sign cousins we'll have money to burn.

He's young and worth the risk.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Assuming they aren't both riding rehab bikes on Sundays.  Probably a risk worth taking but we can't cry if it goes bad then.

Bridgewater would be a placeholder for whoever else we draft. I doubt/hope that macc wouldn't sign him to be the long term answer. 

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

They have two healthy legs between the two of them

Using that reasoning, deshaun Watson has zero.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Watson tore an ACL.  Bridgewater almost had his leg amputated there’s a big difference there

Yeah, except you included Allen Robinson who also tore his ACL. Nice try though.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, King P said:
xmRwnWOG_bigger.jpgMike JureckiVerified account @mikejurecki

Some chatter at the Combine that #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant days could be numbered in Dallas. His cap number for next two seasons $16.5M per year. (Base salary $12.5M)

Dez isn't worth half that at this point of his career. Gets no separation and is a distraction on and off the field. 

9 minutes ago, King P said:

Rams traded Alec Ogletree to the Giants for a 4th and 6th rounder

Not that ogletree is old but that's a move of a team re-tooling and not rebuilding. Could be a sign they're making a run this year and will go after Chubb or Barkley.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I don’t understand why a team about to make a run at a title, trading away their captain and leader on defense

Ten million dollar cap hit for an inside linebacker is probably not high on their list of priorities this off-season. Maybe they feel they can plug in an average ilb behind Aaron Donald and he'll be good enough.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Rams traded Ogletree (A far superior version of Darron Lee) and a 7th rounder for a 4 and a 6.  This is why you do not draft low value positions high.  (ILB in a 3-4).  Same thing with a box strong safety.

The Rams looked at their team, looked at the players they had to keep long term  (QB, high end RB, high  end dlineman, etc) and realized that ilb is simply a much easier position to replace with an acceptable player than any of the premium positions.

A couple years from now if the jets actually hit on a few picks they will be trying to deal lee even if he plays okay.  ILB in a 3-4 low value

Meh, not sure this proves anything. The Chiefs just unloaded Marcus Peters an elite CB (a high value position) for a 4th rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year (which is basically the equivalent of a 3rd rounder this year). Not exactly a HUGE haul for an elite CB. 

The reality is that teams with elite Inside LBers feel the hurt when those players get hurt. Look at the Panthers with and without Keuchly and look at the Steelers after Shazier got hurt. 

Sure an elite edge rusher is more valuable than an elite ILB, but when you are drafting and you have a grade of 8/10 for a ILB and the best available edge rusher is graded at a 6/10, you'd be foolish to take the 6/10. Sure the 6/10 could end up being better than your ILB, but that isn't how any team drafts. If it was, you wouldn't see the Panthers drafting Keuchly at 9 overall, the Steelers drafting Shazier at 15 overall and the Ravens take CJ Mosley 17th overall.  

This notion that your first round picks always have to be edge rushers/QBs/CBs/OTs is just foolish and simpleminded. Would teams prefer to take those players? Of course. And those players often get overdrafted because of their value which is why players like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams fall a little. That doesn't mean you continue the trend and draft a 2nd round talent with the 6th pick simply based on position. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/3/8/17096736/vegas-really-likes-vikings-chances-landing-kirk-cousins

Vikings  -230

Jets +300

Broncos +400

Cardinals +1500

Cousins should lay a million dollar bet on the Cards and then sign with them.

I've seen Cousins as high as -350 to the Vikings. Tony Pauline is usually pretty good with his inside info and he was pretty clear that Cousins is going to the Vikings. I hope he is wrong, but my money is on the Vikings. 

18 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

One potential clever way for the jets to use their cap space is to do the NBA style of trade, where we take on a good player on a bad contract for a draft pick.   It would be like using cap space to buy a draft pick (Vinny Curry comes to mind).

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

That is exactly what the Browns did last year, taking on Brock Osweiler's contract from the Texans for a 2 in this year's draft, plus an exchange of a couple of other picks.

That isn't exactly what the Browns did. What the Browns did was absorb an AWFUL player in exchange for a 2nd round pick. The Browns were tanking and didn't care that Osweiller was awful, they just wanted more picks. What dinamite was suggesting  was taking on a solid player who has a bad contract and in exchange we also land a draft pick. We get the benefit of a decent player and a pick while the other teams get some cap relief.

I don't think that has happened yet in the NFL, but the Osweiller deal is likely the gateway to deals dinamite was talking about. It's a pretty good idea provided the player you take on doesn't have a contract that will hamstring your team in future years as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cleveland makes three trades before mac can get out of the starbucks line up in the morning.

I'd rather Macc sleeps than trade for tyrod Taylor and an overpaid slot receiver. 

Macc should be smart enough to get better quality free agents and save the picks. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Currently Tyrod Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Jets QB.

If they weren't the same div Taylor would be the ideal qb for todd bowels.  Throw for 150 yards a game run for some 1st downs and don;t turn it over.

So you're judging the jets off-season on March 10th before free agency even starts? Sounds about right for this board. 

Who gives a crap if the browns have a better QB than the Jets today? The bills has Taylor last year and decided to bench him for a garbage rookie. That's how much they think of him as a franchise QB. I'd rather have any one of keenum, Bradford, mccarron or Bridgewater. And I'd even rather have mccown.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sons friend saw Todd Bowles at last nights Big East Tourney he sent me pics I dont know how to post them from my phone,isnt he supposed to be working on free agency and the draft. 

Mike McCagnan - GM

Todd Bowles- Coach

Most of us hate bowles, why would you complain if he's less involved? Macc can always call him if he has a question. It's not like these guys can't have lives in the off-season. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LABOR TAKES A BEATING 

I was convinced cousins was going to the Vikings when Pauline reported it. It makes too much sense. 

Those that wanted us to address the QB situation via the draft should be happy.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Only happy if they land mayfield 

Yeah, and some are only happy if they land Rosen and some are only happy if they land Darnold.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The ones who only want Darnold are on drugs.

The ones who only want Darnold say the same thing about those that only want Rosen or Allen or Mayfield.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Remarkable. They hire Shanny and acquire Jimmy, and boom their rebuild is done in 1-year so now they can sign luxury veterans to put them in playoff hunt.

Meanwhile, Jets fans argue to other Jets fans that “real rebuilds” can’t take 1 year, and that Macc’s rebuild didn’t start until this year, so his other years werent real rebuild years.

Our fans can be beyond stupid at times. Enabling failure through coddled, low expectations.

Um, Congrats to the Niners for winning the Super Bowl in March!

Do these March Super Bowls come with Rings or trophies? 

Will there be a parade? Will the Niners Parade come before or after the Rams and Browns Parades?

#SOJFs

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why doesn’t Minnesota go for Brees . At least take a shot like people say the Jets should?

That would be great. Free up Cousins for the Jets. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The whole reason you throw a season and pare your roster down to ash is so you can get yourself in position to compete for elite players like the Cowboys back-up to the back-up UDFA defensive end.

We're setting up nicely for the 2019 free agent class.....

11 minutes ago, derp said:

This post a little all over the place. Robinson and Ridley had very different roles than Forte. Forte had a significant role, the other two were #3 backs. Not sure Robinson would’ve made the roster if he was healthy.

I think it’s important to have a 4th back for competition/depth in camp. Someone you can cut without penalty. And ideally someone with a little power since that doesn’t really exist on the roster. This way you don’t “need” to draft a back - you have 3 (Powell, McGuire, FA)  but I agree with you that they should.

I’d like to see them go into camp with Powell, McGuire, FA, and a rookie drafted day 2. Let Powell and the rookie push each other - hopefully the rookie takes the job - and ditto with McGuire and the FA for the #3 role.

I agree, but we have 90 million in cap space. If we come out of free agency with a concussion plagued center, marginal QB and a 4th string RB well there will be some very disgruntled jets fans. And rightfully so.

That's why I don't understand why we're not in the Allen Robinson sweepstakes. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Who says we're not?

I'm not saying we should buy all the free agent reporting but usually the reports are accurate with respect to which teams are interested. All reports I've seen don't mention the Jets as being one of the teams interested.

I hope they're wrong but  signs are pointing to us missing out on cousins and not interested in Robinson.

Just now, Dcat said:

why?  He's not great at anything.  Average receiver with a few critical bobbles that ruined a couple of games.  Average blocking skills.  $4million per year is generous.

Agreed..I like ASJ but I'd be more than happy with Burton or even eifert since we seem to have some depth at tight end that may be able to step up if eifert...I mean when eifert gets hurt. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

With Jarvis Landry gone, Allen Robinson’s top suitors in free agency is expected to be the Bears, 49ers, Ravens and Jets. Jaguars are still trying to get a deal done before legal tampering begins on Monday.

League sources believe that the #Jets will try to sign WR Allen Robinson immediately after Free Agency begins. This move would be used to persuade Kirk Cousins to come to New York.

I have more followers than Jets dynasty....

I'm talking about reports from legit sources. Again, I hope I'm wrong and we get him but if we don't it will be very disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

He’s arguably the single most overrated FA.

Paul Richardson, Trey Burton, and Cameron Bates ftw, and Jah knows I want Bell to have that tag rescinded. 

80 catches 1400 yards and 14tds in 2015 with Blake Bortles as his QB = overrated.. Gotcha

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its not that simple.  Those yards came in a season where Jacksonville went 5-11 and was constantly playing from behind.

Bortles threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs that year - is he an elite QB?

The Jets are always 5-11 and always playing from behind and never gave a Wr play that well. He's very very good and could be great. 

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about the other years when they werent playing from 20 points behind every game?

48-548 for rookie of solid. Most rookie WRs struggle.

Year two he was great.

Year 3 bortles was a Trainwreck and he still managed almost 900 and 6. Bortles had a sub60% comp pct and the offense was anemic.

Year 4 he tore his ACL which should mean nothing to a deshaun Watson lover who is already on his second ACL tear before he's played one full season in the NFL...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ASJ is reportedly in Seattle as we speak.

Good thing he's not visiting New Orleans or Manish may reprimand him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

why wouldn't he? We've done nothing but jerk each other off in the front office. Getting ready for riveting signee that is Levine Toilolo 

Trey Burton, as a backup, had almost the same season as ASJ. I'm sure the jets want him back but no need to cave to his demands.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company