joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

54 minutes ago, nycdan said:

McCown resigned.  Glennon to back up.  Hack keeping the bench warm.  Welcome to your 2018 Jets.

This would make me consider switching team allegiances for the first time in my life.  I'm feeling MIN or JAX as possibilities.

That would be spitting in the faces of every Jet fan.  We have been patient and tolerated trash at the QB spot for so long.  There is more opportunity to finally fix that gaping hole in our roster.  If they blow it and try to force feed that garbage to u this year, I won’t spend a dime on this team.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No because it releases 3QBs into the open market. There is no real doomsday scenario that is realistic for the Jets

The theee QBs that will be on the open market are trash.  Bradford has degenerative knee issue and Bridgewater, after two years of rehab, has not done anything to convince anyone he will ever be healthy enough to be counted on going forward.  And what is awesome about Keenum, is similar to Garoppolo, he played well enough last year to warrant a huge contract.  The difference though is is the four years of absolutely terrible film on him that dictates you don’t make that investment.

So if your HC’s goal is to survive 16 games while winning 5 games, we are in great shape.  Plenty of options.  

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Are all 3 better than McCown? Petty? Hackenberg?

Bradford paired with a rookie would be fine.

I don’t agree.  As it looks right now we are going to end up with Josh Allen, who after his stellar career at Wyoming, is going to need some time to become accustomed to the pro game.

Having Bradford go on IR in September of year 1, will essentially ruin any chance the Jets have to develop Allen whatsoever.

Paying Keenum $60M for 3 years is what you need to do if you are going to end up with Josh Allen.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Allen goes before we go. I would not be surprised if the Giants take Josh Allen. Can sit him for a couple years to develop behind Eli.

I REALLY hope you are right.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Baker Mayfield will be the one that is last taken.

I’m not yet convinced that Todd Bowles would sign off on that pick.  And before anyone says that he is not the GM, the HC and the GM are on an even level of authority and taking someone at 6, it’s going to be a consensus.  I really doubt Mayfield will get that.  

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I wonder how Bridgewaters recovery is going.

It took him like 20 months to be cleared to practice and hasn’t taken a snap in two years, so I guess he’s a little behind schedule.

Honestly, it was such a horrific injury he’s lucky to even be considering playing.

51 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We're picking Allen at 6, he's going to bust, and we're going to be rebuilding again in 2023.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The realistic best case scenario is that mccags has a good relationship with indy's gm, and Indy does not want to trade back to where they can't get Chubb.  If 4 qbs and Barkley go top 5 then Indy can trade back to 6 and still get Chubb.

This is what I’m hoping for.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Macc has a great relationship with Rex Hogan and I would assume Ballard because he let Hogan go take a promotion their with no fight whatsoever.

However, a great relationship does not supercede the amount of valuable draft picks Buffalo or Cleveland have to offer.

I’m reserved to the fact that we give Indy 2019 #1, and possibly a lower 2018 pick.

Giving up an extra #1 and getting Rosen > drafting Allen at 6.

If Buffalo moves up and takes Rosen, Macc should be fired before we are on the clock.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So McCown and Allen, whom some media members have said they would be okay with, including Mr. SOJ Joe Beningo himself, would not be good for you

Too many people are buying into the hype.  Let’s throw out two years of terrible film.  Multiple games where he threw for less than 100 yards.  Second half of games where the coaching staff took the ball out of his hands.

Now all of a sudden, he improves his footwork and all of a sudden he’s Ben Roethliaberger. 

When he looks lost in preseason, the same media begging the Jets to draft this scrub will be circling the wagons calling for Macc’s Head.

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Currently Tyrod Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Jets QB.

If they weren't the same div Taylor would be the ideal qb for todd bowels.  Throw for 150 yards a game run for some 1st downs and don;t turn it over.

I think the biggest issue we have with the Jets trading or signing Taylor, Bridgewater, or Bradford is that once this FO has a QB (terrible but none the less) Bowles could manipulate Chris Johnson and Macc into ignoring QB and taking a CB at 6.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Is it three for $91M? or is it $27M per year? It can’t be both cause the math is off.... by $10M, which makes me think nobody REALLY knows. 

According to this, Cousins is going to sign for less than Garappolo.  No chance in hell that happens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Not a big fan of Richardson's as a person, and was glad to see him gone for a 2nd, but at $7 M that's a steal and I'd sign him quickly.

We’re paying Beachum, Winters, Skrine, and Carpenter around that this year.  $7M for Richardson is a steal.

2 hours ago, pointman said:

We're in business, because I don't care what the stats say, Buster stinks and stays on the field and doesn't help our D. So a hurt Badger > regular Skrine.

The Honey Badger led the NFL in snaps played last year, so there’s that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Excited about the upcoming week. 

Ideally, we'd have signed Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson, Aaron Colvin (CB Jaguars) and Zach Fulton (C/G Chiefs) by the end of the week.

The first two of those are clearly debatable; can't really blame anyone that doesn't want to spend 30 million a year on Kirk Cousins or 13 million a year on Allen Robinson, nor can I blame either of them for saying "No thank you" to this franchise.  

The second two on that wishlist are guys looking to take the step from reserves to starters and haven't gotten paid yet.  They should be easier to entice.  

Mac, Bowles:

I like the potential signing of Zach Fulton.  I would actually go after him and Rich urg.  Fulton replaces Carpenter and can be the back up center.  Than draft a Tackle like O’Neil (Pitt) or Jones (OSU) in the 3rd to replace Beacum next year and a guard like Wyatt Teller to replace Winters next season.  OL overhaul complete.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fear not. The Falcons and Seattle are coming for ASJ, so he’s gone anyway. Also seeing a bunch of new, post-Cousins-to-Minny rumors that the Jets are in on AJ McCarron, so there you go.

I can see it now, sign McCorron so we don’t have to draft a QB at all.  😩🔫

I’m not sure I’m just not convinced that Minnesota is the best fit.  Zimmer has already raised concerns about committing that much to a QB.  He has multiple star defensive players that are free agents next season and it will be difficult to keep them.

If Cousins goes there and they don’t get as far in the playoffs, it’s going to divide Speilman (MN’s GM) and Zimmer.

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Hopefully Cousins to the Vikes is as “done” as Norwall to the NYG.

47 minutes ago, gEYno said:

So punt QB down the road once more?

No, basically give up this entire draft to move up.  Sign McCown or anyone for that matter, and don’t let the rookie get killed.  The fact that we haven’t signed anyone proves we should have cleaned house this year.  This is on HC and GM.  If Bowles was as popular with players as we have been led to believe, I think we would have heard something by now.

Save that first rounder next year.  It’s gonna be pretty damn high.

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't blame Lee or Adams for being frustrated> i am sure they were told that while the 2017 would be tough, there was a plan in place for 2018.  

There actually is a plan in place for 2018.  December of 2018 when we are in the market for a new GM and HC.

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robinson, Richberg, Burton, Watkins. I mean the list goes on and on from there, too. This is HIS fault. You can’t built a sh*t roster and then say

“I mean, who was he going to get to agree!” 

Literally ANY of the players who committed yesterday and today would of made an immediate impact on this team that has basically NOBODY.

This is just proof that you cannot fluff over three years of draft misses (after 6 years of draft misses before) and expect free agency to bail you out.

That said, if we had a legitimate QB, maybe there is a different result to the last two days.

At this point, save the cap space, extend the younger players on this team and just hope that we can start the rebuild (again) next season.

Bradford getting $20M.  OMG.  WTF is going on?

On a side note, it should have been very telling that we couldn’t even get one of our own free agents to re-sign.  Should have been a sign of what was coming.

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My love for Teddy in 2014 as a prospect can't bring me to dislike him.

It will likely be my downfall.

Bridgewater is a great guy.  But what the hell can anyone expect of him?  It took him almost 15 months just to get cleared to practice.  

I’m at the point if I am Chris Johnson that I go defense at #6 and let the new GM and HC pick a QB next year.  

I can handle rebuilding but what has happened to this team since they drafted Hackenberg has been pretty close to unforgivable.

We obviously should have cleaned house last January.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not at all.

Teddy + pick sounds likely.

If this is the case, the rookie better be ready to start opening day.  And having at least 3 teams in front of us picking a QB, you know who we are going to end up with, and you know he won’t be ready to start.

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Shows what he knows.  He's off the market too.

He definitely fits the “no offense” motto.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Move up for Rosen, or stay put for Lamar Jackson.

As for Bridgewater, it'll make for a great story if he manages to play Opening week.

Fixed.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Johnd Idzik got crucified for doing what mac is doing now.

Idzik never even had a chance to spend the money he saved.  Macc did that his first year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Are you kidding? He got career years from both of those QBs

Irrelevant all three seasons.

We’re rebuilding with a very below average QB that is coming off of a catastrophic injury and a 39 year old JAG.  

ON DAY 1 OF FREE AGENCY.  

What in the hell is going on?

• Like 1

It’s 1995 all over again.  We lose every one of our own free agents, couldn’t pay anyone on the free agent market to come here.  And then topped it off at the draft when we took Kyle Brady over Sapp.

Its coming. 

And Richburg is off the market.  To SF.

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Baker Mayfield wouldn't sniff the field with this Head Coach unless McCown gets hurt. This is the same Head Coach who refused to pull him last season. If he didn't get hurt in Denver, we never would have even seen Petty. If I were a rookie QB I would not want to come to the Jets. Luckily, they don't really have a choice.

Luckily for the fans, there is nothing Bowles can do to save his or Macc’s job right now.  Stadium was empty before we lost Claiborne, Davis, etc.  It’s gonna be a lot worse this year.  

There is no one in this draft that Macc could come away with to save himself.  There’s no way a rookie QB would survive on this team, even Darnold and Rosen.

Can we all at least agree that tanking WAS the right thing to do last year.  Keeping Macc and Bowles so we could develop the youngsters on this roster was the biggest ******* loaf of BS in all of sports.  Now instead of a new regime, $100 in cap space and the number #1, we are stuck in year 4 of an epic meltdown, no free agents want to come here at all, and we won’t even get a FQB in the draft.

And sure, McCown and Bridgewater could guarantee us the top pick in next year’s draft.  Unfortunately, Darnold and Rosen >>>>>>>>>>>>> Stidham and Drew Lock.

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why would it be a smokescreen? If a team wants a QB they will jump us anyway. The Broncos are ahead of us.

Cleveland, NYG, and Denver most likely are taking QB.  Buffalo is almost certainly moving up.  Miami and AZ could be on the move up.  So at this point, Macc can’t use his draft pics to move up because he needs them to fill the roster.  

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Seeing as how our GM is an incompetent moron and Josh Allen is the only realistic one of the 4 who will drop, I'd thoroughly be ok with passing on a QB this year and waiting until we clean house, AGAIN, to draft someone. That's what this regime has done to me.  This years draft hasn't even happened yet, and I'm trying to figure out who we should hire next and who they should draft in 2019.

If I am Chris Johnson, these past two days have proven that team needs new direction.

At this point, I would only be shelling out 1-yr deals to any free agents.

In addition, I would let Macc know that any draft pic for 2019 and beyond is off limits.  Limit the damage to this year.  Let the new GM and HC cut any and every damn player they want, including a 1st round bust QB in Allen if they want too.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Crowell is a decent signing. Sad part is that we are signing Clevelands trash. 

Day 1 if free agency and we are signing 3rd string RBs that weren’t good enough for Cleveland.  Today is awesome.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company