joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

So do we start hearing news today about deals?  Even though they don't become official until Wednesday.

C'mon Mac!  Go get some olinemen and a WR1.  Help our rookie QB.

Mac knows the clocks went forward an hour, instead of back an hour, right?

Nfl network just said Washington believes they substantily upgraded their QB by going with Alex Smith instead of Cousins.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Is there any chance Washington would come out and say "Washington believes they substantially downgraded their QB by going with Alex Smith instead of Cousins."???? 

Are you suggesting they're being dishonest?

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

I think that the Jets are the teambready to go 3 yrs fully guaranteed. Bowles is probably getting excited about never playinf a rookie QB.

Bowles = pussy

Can't be.  3 years seems perfect for Minn and Denver.  I hope.

Awww 💩!

Starting to think Cousins is gonna be a Jet.

Would have preferred a rookie, but hell, may still be our best QB in decades.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Maybe we're saving cap space for 2019.

31 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yup. They gotta go all in on Kirk or start throwing the whole farm at Indy/NYG

It'd be interesting to see how much each meaningless win last year actually cost us to move up.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/chiefs-agree-to-terms-with-sammy-watkins/

The Chiefs are giving their young starting quarterback a big-play receiver.

Sammy Watkins and the Chiefs have agreed to terms on a contract that should be signed tomorrow, according to multiple reports. The deal has been pegged at about $16 million a year for three years.

That pairs Watkins with Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs’ new starting quarterback, and adds him to a talented offense that also includes Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce. The Chiefs have set Mahomes up to succeed in his first year as the starter, following the Alex Smith trade.

Watkins didn’t live up to expectations in Buffalo after the Bills packaged two first-round picks to move up and draft him. But with the Rams last year he played well in a supporting role, and now the Chiefs will hope he can be their No. 1 wide receiver.

At this point ya kinda have to wonder what to do with this cap space if Cousins isn't signed.  (I still think it's best not to sign him.)

It's not flashy, but maybe restructure/re-sign a bunch of guys and frontload contracts so we're in better shape in 2019 and beyond.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Watkins for $16 million per is a joke. I want Macc to succeed but he doesn't have balls. If we miss out on Cousins I don't think he has enough balls to pay what its going to take to get to #2. The Giants are going to bail out of 2 and 6 is a perfect spot to draft Nelson, especially since they missed out on Norwell. 

Denver could take Norwell.  Doubt the Giants would want to drop below them.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All our eggs are in the cousins basket. If we lose out on him I'm not sure what the plan is. 

I'm hoping we don't sign him.  Though I wouldn't be pissed.  Would just prefer not to.

I'd think if they were really trying to lure Cousins they would've gotten one of the better WRs.

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

and no way that plane makes it to london. gonna be in the middle of the ocean, lol

Now I am sure @Mike135will inform me that plane has a much longer range that I imagine.  

1200px-KC-10_Extender_(2151957820).jpg

• Like 2

Gotta wonder if Macc is cursing out Bowles right about now.

Macc did his damndest to allow us to tank last year.  One less win and we'd be safe.  Two less wins and we'd be golden right now!

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Picking 4 instead of 6 changes nothing in free agency. 

Missing all the free agents sucks, but the big thing is QB.  Which imo is best addressed in the draft.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Finally some good news!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Well it may be possible to still have a decent free agency.

2 olinemen: 20mil

Backup vet QB: 6mil? (Mccown)

WR: 8mil (Paul Richardson?) 

2 CBs: 25mil

DE: 10mil

Leaves like 20mil for rookies, in seasson moves and carryover.

Macc just need to get off his ads and get to work.

3 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I honestly feel worse about missing out on Norwell, Richburg and the WRs then I do about Cousins. 

Absolutely.

Are we really gonna have to give up next year's 1st to move up 3 spots?  

Because of two extra worthless wins last year.  God damn it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If it means landing our guy and taking an option away from 2 division rivals makes it a little easier to swallow.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

We shouldn't have to but if you Buffalo knocking on the door with everything to give you probably have to throw something big in like a future 1st.

Don't get me wrong.  I agree you do what you have to do to get a rookie QB ya want.

Just hope Woody is paying attention.  Next time this organization is in a tank scenario, he better make sure they don't do dumb $hit and win meaningless games.

Losing next year's 1st rounder or both of our 2nds this year will suck.

C'mon Macc.  You can save this.  It was smart not giving Cousins 100mil guaranteed.  Just say mcccown is not the guaranteed starter and keep filling holes (OLINE, another CB, TE, DE) and we'll be good.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Wait, so he's not coming to the Jets?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

It’s okay to let go of Powell guys. We’ll be okay. 

He'll end up in New England.

Macc has really turned this around.

The only dark cloud now is the insane report that Mccown has already been named the starter.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Hopefully this doesn't become a massive story during TC although in Jets land it will.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Imo they should get ripped for it daily if it's true.

Really not looking forward to a season of Bowles saying, "He gives us the best chance to win."

• Like 1

Supposedly Long is a better Guard than Center.  Hopefully we grab Long and Jensen.

• Like 2

Just now, Stark said:

the "naming mccown" the starter at this point seems dumb to me. I don't see the benefit to doing so. 

Me neither.  It's kind of infuriating.

Unless maybe it's some sort of misdirection to make other teams think we're not drafting a QB.

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Ew! He’s not that good

Kinda like Cousins.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I don't accept homework assignments, sorry. It was posted by someone here yesterday who claims an inside source. And by the way, the media (official media) has reported Kirk wanted $10 MILLION more from the Jets to play here. That's not exactly "going to a better situation for a little more." That's basically a middle finger. In fact not basically. It is a middle finger.

And we told him we didn't like that.

Now he can freeze in the -40 degree winters.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Wow...so substantially more (compared to $28MM/year).  He really wanted to go to MIN.  Can't blame him.  But forgive me for not wishing them good luck up there.  

Don't forget, pretty sure Cousins really wanted a 3 year deal.  So he could be a free agent again for the first year of the new CBA.

Don't think the Jets offered a 3 year deal.  That's a pretty big deal.  

So assuming Cousins just turned down more money here for less money in Minnesota isn't quite the full story.

6 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Cutting Buster Skrine pays $8.5 mil of the contract, unless your saying Mathieu is asking for $17 mil?

Only save 6mil cutting Skrine.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

If we bring in Gaines, I wonder what kind of trade market there might be for Skrine.  Maybe we can add a pick.

With his salary?  Probably none.

We'd have to pick up a decent portion of the tab.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company