joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Demario Davis..hot DAMN. 

171 tackles, 5 sacks and 13.5 tackles for a loss.

All for Calvin Pryor who was cut in training camp by Cleveland.

You gotta give credit where credit is due. DAMN that was an ALL TIME great trade! Now, Maccs gotta sign him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm pretty sure Cousins will be a Jet - not happy about it, but it's happenning.

From your mouth to gods ears! Signing Cousins for 5 years would allow us to go BPA in the draft with 3 picks in the top 49 players. Fill the holes in free agency. It's time the Jets start picking playmakers. Fixing the Oline, and drafting a stud like Guice or Jones, maybe trading a 3 to move up for Kirk to replace Kearse after next year. 

Seeing the Jets landing (Nelson, Ward, Edwards), (Guice, Michel, Jones), Kirk, I'm a happy Jet fan! You don't need super star WRs, if you have a good line, a great runner, a couple of good backup RBs (Dion Lewis, McGuire), a TE, Burton?, maybe draft Doekert?. 

If Enunwa comes back and you had Kearse, Anderson, Kirk, Stewart, Hansen, with one of Michel, Guice or Jones, with Cousins flinging it, you could have a damn good balanced offense. Anyone that saw the combine? Kirk was impressive as hell! Gonna be a good one, his hands were f*cking amazing in the gauntlet & was smooth as silk, great balance & awesome acceleration! 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

explain?

I see a veteran who's current team didn't want him (prefered Alex Smith) and a QB that has never won a playoff game - and has an overall losing record as a starter - and an abysmla record against winning teams.

Not particularly exciting to have that for 5 years.

Fidelio Jet dies not want to sign Kirk Cousins but players from other teams are wooing him on twitter, lol. Von Miller is literally asking him to come to the Broncos. David Johnson is asking him to come to the Cardinals. Kirk Cousins would be the best QB the Jets have here since Favre visited for a year.He threw for 27 TDs & 4000 yards this year throwing to Terrell Pryor & a guy named Dotson. He lost his starting TE (Reed) who was never healthy, and they were down to their 4th RB because of injuries. 

We have an opportiunity to add a stud RB (Guice?), maybe trade up to grab a stud WR (Kirk). 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He finished behind McCown in both QBR and QB Rating last year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/passing.htm

Also, I know this is really hard to believe but the Jets literally had more talent on offense( healthier) than the Redskins did. Reed was injured all year, ASJ had a mini resurgence, Kearse was a stud & had one of the lowest drop rates in the NFL, Pryor was highest drop rate, Anderson had a breakout season & got better and added to his route tree as the year progressed, Dotson was meh, Crowder? Grant? 

Its actually amazing but true, but because of injuries McCown was working with more offensive talent than Cousins in 2017.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think it's funny - Jet fans love to say how we have the least talent in the league - just the worst.  Until it suits the needs for something else - then we have superior talent. 

Aren't we discussing Kirk Cousins & the Redskins? We weren't talking about the Saints, we were talking about the numbers that Kirk put up with the Skins in 2017. The NY Jets had better & healthier offensive players that played better than the Skins players...FACT. We still had our 3rd string RB while the Redskins were on their 4th.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Kirk isn’t coming here he going to Minnesota. But it’s gonna be funny watching fans bash Macc for not getting him . 

I'm sure if he doesn't you'll remind us that you were THE ONE that knew he wasn't coming here. You'll slap yourself on the back & and proceed to tell us who the Jets are picking in the draft. No ones going to BASH Macc & I read all of these forums & haven't anyone make a claim that if Macc doesn't get Cousins he sucks as a GM. Most fans that want Cousins realize we'll still be in the running for a QB, it's just that we also know what a crapshoot a QB in the draft is. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I honestly think he is coming - And you're going to see those same fans that would have bashed him for not getting him - bash him for paying him too much.  

Some fans won't be happy, I'm not one of them. There aren't even enough stud free agents to spend 90 million on. Front loading Cousins puts us in a great spot capwise again in 2019, and still allows us to sign a Center, CB, maybe Guard, WR, some lower level free agents this year.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's no way we draft a QB this year if they sign Cousins - zero chance.  

It does, although, allow you the time to prepare for the transition in 5 years - I just don't want to wallow in mediocrity for a half-decade before trying to find a true franchise QB. 

It seems to be plan though and I'll be 100% behind it once it's done.

You misunderstood my retort. If we don't get Cousins we have an opportunity to draft a QB at 6. Obviously if we sign Cousins we're not drafting another QB unless it was a late round flyer.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have no problem paying the guy the money - honestly, that's not the issue, at least for me -

it's the long-term committment to a losing QB and the opportunity cost of passing on someone in the next two or three years.

So, your Macc & Bowles. 2 terrible losing seasons in a row. You've been given a 2 year contract extension. Kirk Cousins is available (definitely a top 10 QB in the league) you can disagree with that claim but no one on the NFL network, media & ex-players disputes that & most believe he's in the 2nd tier of franchise QBs behind Brady, Rogers, but with Stafford, Rivers ect.. You have the resources to sign him WITHOUT killing your salary cap or stifling your ability to still sign 3/4 top free agents.

Or, you take a flyer on a group of rookie QBs who's top 4 are flip flopped in every Mock on the web without any of them being a concensus #1 can't miss, Payton Manning, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton type. Your career is literally on the line, Cousins is a f*cking no brainer to ensure the likelihood Chris Johnson lets it play out for the 5 years of Kirks contract. I agree with others if his agent wants 3 years max? Tell him to go fly a kite & try to get Rosen or Mayfield.

• Upvote 1

Well, Bowles may be well respected by his peers, but based so far on what we're seeing in free agency, players aren't even looking in the Jets direction like Florham Park is being hit by the plague. He's a terrible coach, we have holes everywhere on the team after 3 years. And now it looks like the Browns will easily turn it around next year and most definitely be a better team than our NY Jets, lol, the Browns! The dog pound is gonna have a blast watching Sequan Run, Gordon, Landry & Coleman catching passes along with Njoku at TE. 

Right now we are pretty pathetic. But, we do have 2 good safeties, lol.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

170109-Opponent-1200x675-story-top.jpg

Adding McCown back into the fold, where are those 4-6 wins?

Yikes. Based on what these teams do in free agency & the draft, Vegas is gonna have the Jets picking #1 overall next year unless Luck has a setback. Game vs Colts will determine #1 overall pick. Bills might be there will us, we'll see. 

14 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I still don't trust him in fantasy. 

No old people! Lose with youngsters, at least you have a chance of finding some diamonds in the rough.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or really even James Daniels from Iowa.

They say Daniels is more Dennisons type. More agile & quicker type of center.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company