joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Guy was awful and should be cut and some of us said as much before last year but many on here were fine with him.

Jets sign Glennon, Cousins and draft mayfield.

Villain has a coronary but dies happy

The thing i find funny is that people are killing Rosen for being aloof but love the fact that mayfield is big friggin dick who sounds likes Adams before he is even drafted.

Bridgewater should be plan D, the guy has not played in 2 years, we have no clue about him at all.

Also Allen Robinson has done dick all for2 years.  Last year was the injury but he just sucked the year before.

We are scrambling to  go after guys that have done zero in 2 years?

The Rams traded Ogletree (A far superior version of Darron Lee) and a 7th rounder for a 4 and a 6.  This is why you do not draft low value positions high.  (ILB in a 3-4).  Same thing with a box strong safety.

The Rams looked at their team, looked at the players they had to keep long term  (QB, high end RB, high  end dlineman, etc) and realized that ilb is simply a much easier position to replace with an acceptable player than any of the premium positions.

A couple years from now if the jets actually hit on a few picks they will be trying to deal lee even if he plays okay.  ILB in a 3-4 low value

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Meh, not sure this proves anything. The Chiefs just unloaded Marcus Peters an elite CB (a high value position) for a 4th rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year (which is basically the equivalent of a 3rd rounder this year). Not exactly a HUGE haul for an elite CB. 

The reality is that teams with elite Inside LBers feel the hurt when those players get hurt. Look at the Panthers with and without Keuchly and look at the Steelers after Shazier got hurt. 

Sure an elite edge rusher is more valuable than an elite ILB, but when you are drafting and you have a grade of 8/10 for a ILB and the best available edge rusher is graded at a 6/10, you'd be foolish to take the 6/10. Sure the 6/10 could end up being better than your ILB, but that isn't how any team drafts. If it was, you wouldn't see the Panthers drafting Keuchly at 9 overall, the Steelers drafting Shazier at 15 overall and the Ravens take CJ Mosley 17th overall.  

This notion that your first round picks always have to be edge rushers/QBs/CBs/OTs is just foolish and simpleminded. Would teams prefer to take those players? Of course. And those players often get overdrafted because of their value which is why players like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams fall a little. That doesn't mean you continue the trend and draft a 2nd round talent with the 6th pick simply based on position. 

They dumped peters because he was psyco that andy read didn't want on the team.

Kuechly is a MLB, a different kettle of fish than an ilb in a 3-4

Shazier a small ilb may have had is career ended.

There are tons of positions you can use a 1st rounder on but when you take ILB S S  these guys had better be difference makers.  This is especially true if you have none of the higher value positions.

Rams dumped their 1st round ilb because that spot is easy to replace with a competent player.  People are falling all over themsleves about how good davis was last year.  What did he cost the jets?  Dick all

The browns did it and it was viewed as a shrewd move, if the jets did it the media would be blasting us for tanking.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets tried to trade Darron Lee, what do you think the return would be? Could you get a third rounder? 

Same price as ogletree, lee and a 7th for a 4 and a 6

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Knowing that what separated us from getting Wentz was Macc playing hardball with a 3rd rounder, I will absolutely blame him for that.

Watson?  I've eaten my crow over that.  I didn't think he was worth a top 15 pick.  However, I am nothing more than a fan.  The fact of the matter is that Maccagnan is a GM, and it's his job to be right about guys, not mine.  It also doesn't get discussed enough that Houston offered us a bigger deal than the one they ultimately made to trade up to 6 for Deshaun, and Macc turned it down because he valued Jamal Adams way too high.  I've made it known that I love Adams, but I would much rather have that trade and the 4th and 6th overall picks right about now.

The bills traded down and drafted what looks like a #1 cb in tredavious white and got an extra 1st rounder this year and another piece they used to go and get the wr they liked.

We'd be way better off now if we had white at cb, maye in the 2nd round and now had 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd roudners this year to get the qb.

• Post of the Week 1

Cleveland makes three trades before mac can get out of the starbucks line up in the morning.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'd rather Macc sleeps than trade for tyrod Taylor and an overpaid slot receiver. 

Macc should be smart enough to get better quality free agents and save the picks. 

Currently Tyrod Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Jets QB.

If they weren't the same div Taylor would be the ideal qb for todd bowels.  Throw for 150 yards a game run for some 1st downs and don;t turn it over.

28 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

No no, your widsom and perspective offered by layering on moooore sanctimonious outrage over people on a sports forum talking sports rather than sh*t talking each other puts you way above me sir. You are what I am striving to be - above the fray! 

01_LFW_Wilkerson_news.jpg

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Richard Sherman signs 3 yr deal with San Fran per Adam Shefte

$39mm

That is pretty stupid of the 49ers

If he is paid a huge contract the fans will bash him if he does not play up to the deal and the if the jets are not successful quite soon.  If he plays much better than the mccown or fitz and the team wins everyone will be fine. 

Spend 90 mill guaranteed on a Qb

Have bowles decide to run the ball more often than any other team in the league,

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

I think that the Jets are the teambready to go 3 yrs fully guaranteed. Bowles is probably getting excited about never playinf a rookie QB.

Bowles = pussy

Bowles is going to take our 90 mill qb and have him hand off to dion lewis 30 times a game

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Whoever goes after case keenum is making a huge mistake, it better bloody well not be the jets

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Are you British? 

I am a mere colonist of Britain.

• Like 1

Trumaine Johnson and Alan Robinson seeing the Jets strike out on other free agents....

0zHzHEe.gif

Jets off season plan!  Jets need a QB!

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

2018 helmet decals 

Related image

Sorry if that was a true jets symbol it would be limp and flaccid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jets probably making a late push for Wesley Johnson 3 years at 8.5 per year. 

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Bridge is light years a better option than drafting Allen at 6 or resigning McClown. There are other prospects worth drafting like Lauletta, Falk, Jackson, Rudolph. Mac would have to trade up to get Mayfield and it’s just not in his DNA. 

The guy has not played in two years essentially and was not great when he did play.  He is a far worse option than mccwon imo and that is a horrifying thing to say.  (I hope none of the anti Bradford crew are okay with Bridgewater.)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

DYLS1mDXkAAAeKJ.jpg:large

Ha ha ha, I was LITERALLY doing this just yesterday, pawing though the 5 dollar cds in walmart

• Haha 1

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

I believe he did play at the end of last year.  Was fully practicing before that as well. the far worse option is mccown due to age and sucking.

1 game, 3 attempts , 1 int, -3 rushing yards.

If you want a club fed holiday sign with the jets if you want to win go elsewhere.

Just about my last choice of bridge Qb for the the Jets and of course that is who we go after. 

man-with-headache.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

My love for Teddy in 2014 as a prospect can't bring me to dislike him.

It will likely be my downfall.

I never really liked him and even in his 'good year' his stats were worse than meh.  Then he got his leg knocked off.  I do not hate the guy at all but I see a monumental fail coming up with him.  I'd rather have had mccwon back.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company