joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan will, and should, chase Cousins until the ink is dry on his Vikings contract. It’s the only way he gets to remain an NFL GM for longer than 24 months.

However, while he wastes time helping Cousins get a better deal from the Vikings, some other team makes a deal for #3 pick or equivalent to secure a top QB.   

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I've seen Cousins as high as -350 to the Vikings. Tony Pauline is usually pretty good with his inside info and he was pretty clear that Cousins is going to the Vikings. I hope he is wrong, but my money is on the Vikings. 

I've moved on already from Cousins.  Focused on the jets trading up for one of the QBs and getting some good players in FA (since they will likely use some draft capital to move up).  I hope the COusins saga doesn't drag into 4 visits and a long process with a clear outcome...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

One potential clever way for the jets to use their cap space is to do the NBA style of trade, where we take on a good player on a bad contract for a draft pick.   It would be like using cap space to buy a draft pick (Vinny Curry comes to mind).

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Aqib Talib being traded to the Rams

The #Rams and #Broncos have finalized a deal to send CB Aqib Talib to Los Angeles, sources tell me and @JamesPalmerTV.

A fifth round pick was the price.   That was the same price that the Macc paid for the scrub CB from SF that was at risk of being cut midseason.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The Rashard Robinson deal was not good, but using this to prove that is stupid

Fair enough - The comparison was not good.   I meant to illustrate that the Macc has a penchant for trading low picks for players where the value may not align.  I was not trying to advocate that the jets should trade for Talib.  Nevertheless, good points about contract value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins and Donte Moncrief are all only 24 years old.  Still babies in this league.  

I think some of our rookies are older than them (Marcus Maybe and Ardarious come to mind)

You have to admire the Bills GM getting value out of his trades though and positioning the team for a crack at the top qbs.  A high third for tyroid taylor, a nice swap of 12 and 21 for their sometimes injured left tackle.  Not too bad.

I assume Macc and company will be going to Mobile for Mayfield's pro-day tomorrow.  They are scheduled to meet with him there at least.   That meeting becomes that much more important if Cousins makes up his mind by tomorrow.

They are likely waiting to make all announcements on Wednesday as to not be accused of tampering...  It is peculiar that no "agreements" have been leaked.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

They can’t be accused of tampering in the “Legal Tampering” period lol.

Well, if you agree to a deal the first 5 minutes of legal tampering, then one can assume tampering happened before hand.   That is the reason the league created this window - people were signing players within the first hour of free agency.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Worth noting the 49rs will run a similar system to Jets, so competition for similar offensive players.

Yet, center is one of the jets biggest needs.   They should have no excuse not getting their number 1 target (not sure if this was their first target or not).

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Some Vikings station is running this too.   At least let's get it done with so we can move on and make a trade for a top pick and sign some FAs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jordy Nelson makes no sense for the jets.  None whatsoever.   33 year old who played poorly without AaronRodgers

8 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I see what you're saying but I'd rather bet on the 26 year old than the 28 year old. Its a transition tag so the Jets wouldn't lose a pick the bears just have a right to match any offer given to him. 

Edit: I don't dislike the signing, we filled a need, but I'm not in love with Trumaine, hopefully there is an out after 2-3 years

But the tag means waiting a week to see what the bears would do.  So you risk losing other top CB free agents because of the wait.

5 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

go get jensen

Is Jensen a scheme fit for the jets? Supposedly they were interested in that other center because of the zone blocking scheme.

22 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Still can if he's there in the 3rd.

It is a high 3rd round pick and I am hoping for a young and hungry RB.  This class is loaded and we should take advantage.

But Jets may be preparing just in case there is another position higher in value around that pick (e.g., OG/C) or if they trade the pick on draft day to swap with the giants for #2.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company