joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dolphins are cutting Suh now. Tannenbaum is an absolute arsonist.

Suh's career has been one big fart. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The Mike Evans contract just gauranteed that Odell gets f*cking PAID.  Dude might actually come close to the numbers he wants.

Also, this bodes well for us in our pursuit of Allen Robinson.  Very few teams in pursuit of him have the financial type of flexibility that we do.

So that's a no to Sammy then...

@Mogglez Moggs -- nows the time to strike. Get word out -- NYJ get Corey Coleman out of CLE. They're still interested in bringing Pryor back.. Odd man out. He'd be such a steal for us, and a fantastic weapon for Mr. Rosen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not at all.

AR is the "crown jewel" though. 

mixed feelings on that one. Certainly not going to complain about Robinson -- but i'm not sold on him as a phenom #1. I'll take him though, lol. 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At the rate teams around us are accumulating picks, we can probably kiss both of our 2nd rounders goodbye if we want to trade up.

Most sobering realization to come from that?  I can almost guarantee that is exactly what is gonna cause Macc to sit at #6 and draft Josh Allen.  He'll balk at any team asking for both 2's, thinking that he's some sort of "trade savant" and Denver, or Miami leap frog us. 

Seriously? the guy needs to not have a job if that's the case. He's staring down the barrel of a shotgun right now, this his last lifeline. Get the QB thing right, or there's the door. If he's willing to approach that problem passively at #6? Faaaaack, see ya later pal. 

If NYG/IND asks for both seconds and one for next year -- the answers is "You bet"

• Upvote 2

I've loved him for years.  Wanted him as our first round pick in 2014.  Almost murdered someone when we drafted Amaro over him.  I think he is really special.  Would not complain about Watkins at all though.

Reminds me of a time when we doubled up on safeties when Dalvin Cook was on the board. I now have only 2 children. 

• Haha 1

Just tell her that this situation is similar to every single Designer Shoe Warehouse store closing up shop forever and wait for the sympathy sex to rain down upon you.

Wise beyond your years, you know that?

• Post of the Week 1

So basically all of our competition is getting richer with Browns picks... 

Your move, Macc

Browns just trade for Demarious Randall (spelling fcking whatever)

Jesus christ -- between them and the rams.

MAAAACCCC

I'm fine with A-Rob staying in Jax... but I would like to overhaul our entire WRs corps.. why not? What better time. We have the money, and we don't have a lot of talent we're committed to. 

Watkins, Richardson, Lee, Brown, Wright - i'd prefer all of 'em to our current crop.... (I'm also quietly hoping we make Michael Floyd our next reclamation project. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stark said:

i have to disagree with you here I don't want Floyd near this team. I am okay with the others listed

I'll bite. Go on...

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I don't have a massively genius reasoning. I don't know that this guy whom I would say was just an average WR benefitting from Fitzgerald being opposite of him is the almost 30yr old WR we should try to save. Reclamation project, I mean I guess if its like vet minimum with no other options. I just don't think we are at a point with this team were, while we are trying to build up, we should be trying to sign guys that have sketchy, recent pasts. I was hesitant on ASJ and honestly he kept his nose clean for a season, played decent at times. 

Floyd would be on what his 4th team with us, to me that sounds way more concerning than ASJ. 

If you count the 3 games with NE... but yea. His age is working against him. I'd say given he's really only 1 season fully removed from ARZ (28 yr old) should get 1 one last look IMO. No expectations of course, and 100% league vet min, but I like keeping one stallion of his ilk in the stable as a passion project. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Watkins, Richardson and Lee, feel like 2014 WR draft discussion dejavu......Lol.  Still amazed Idzik somehow left that draft with Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans.  

Sad isn't it. If you look at the bevy of WR from 2014 & 2015 classes, and the RBs from 2016 & 2017... and ALL the franchise QBs who've now established themselves...

Then look at us. lol... 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ASJ is reportedly in Seattle as we speak.

why wouldn't he? We've done nothing but jerk each other off in the front office. Getting ready for riveting signee that is Levine Toilolo 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Letting him walk will be our biggest loss for the money IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I think ASJ is going to have a big year.

You're not wrong. All the talent and clay is there.... vintage NY fans here, no patience. WHY DIDN'T HE HAVE 10000 YARDS AND 400 TDS RIGHT NOW.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

Off CBSsports.com live FA feed:

Projecting Austin to NYJ didn't even require to mental thumb to be lifted. Watkins? Robinson? LOL when you have the Austinator. 

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

Nothing on the Jets front. 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This doesn't mean much. The one thing this group has actually done right is keep the building buttoned up in terms of leaks.

can't argue that, let's hold out hope a little longer. 

In the end, the Jets come out on top of this thing. Can't wait to see Manish stalking out Mac and Bowles with Cousins when they are out to dinner at Red Lobster.

I admire your steadfast faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like CIN maybe trading picks to BUF for LT C. Glenn... if true, they're wallet of picks is getting thicker. 

Macc?

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Damn, they are going hard at this.  Suddenly, they can offer more than the Jets.

It's a good thing we're going hard too... 

Right?

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

if the Bills trade Cordy Glenn, 2 #1s and a #2 for a rookie QB, they can have him

Thanks Macc, glad to see you're a member of JN

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Yes, McCown is better right?

If you're eating rocks and bark for breakfast. 

Most would probably lean towards the d-word... "draft"

46 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Bowles is a puss and won't start a rookie.

Understood. But do you want to advocate for decisions that will only enable his ineptitude and prolong his tenure?

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We were never in on any of the free agents that have been signed already. It's a weak FA market and it's Cousins or bust.... Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson were never coming here

Yet you remained convinced Cousins is.

"Hey Kirk - hows about coming to play for a team that WRs dodge like a bullet"

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

@AdamSchefter: Former Giants' C-G Weston Richburg intends to sign a 5-year deal with the SF 49ers when free agency opens, per source.

m.twitter.com/AdamSche...

I kept reading he was on the Jets radar.

LOL 

Yesss Burton to the Bears, ASJ to SEA

We're are fcking rolling people! 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Lol, i literally made that up in my thread -- you know how i picked him? Who played sh*tty last year. 

• Haha 1

the is the best party on the planet. Where else can you get front row seats to the end of the world. 

• Like 1

I can't blame NYJ and Macc for trying to land Cousins -- or even hoping to... 

But please... tell me we're not stupid enough to balk on spending money elsewhere because the Jets are naive enough to think they're still in it. @Mogglez help me understand bro. How can we not even been in the game right now. All this cheddar and no one wants to eat? 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Now, according to @SenorGato i was a moron for thinking that hitting your next pay day in 3 years was more important than a few extra milly on the front... ultimately, that's what this deal was all about. Wanting to maximize value over 3 years to land pay day v.2 at 33 for 120+ again. Better chances of maintaining and improving value in MIN over NY

thems is the breaks Gato

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company