joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

On 2/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, Beerfish said:

Guy was awful and should be cut and some of us said as much before last year but many on here were fine with him.

The Wayne Hunter outlet

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Well, that's just awesome.  One of the worst situations for the Jets QB hopes is a team NOT above them in the Draft order obtaining the best Free Agent QB in Cousins.  It would still leave Cleveland, Denver, etc. with QB needs and create a real bidding war to move up towards the top of the Draft

No because it releases 3QBs into the open market. There is no real doomsday scenario that is realistic for the Jets

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We're talking about our Jets.  There are always doomsday scenarios and the Jets are adept at finding them.

Well they will have to look hard. Because I can't find any. The doomsday scenario would be ending up with teh same 3 QBs we had last year. There is no logical path to that end

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It releases 3 QBs that another team didn't want. Not exactly a good scenario. Sure we're destined to have a better QB situation than last year but many of us were hoping for cousins or one of the top 3 and not just "better than mccown, Petty and hack"

Hope and the Jets do not mix

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Worse, imagine tannenbaum jumping to #4 and grabbing a qb, then watching the jets get Fitzpatrick.  That would bring it all home and underscore why mccagnan is truly over his head.

THEY ARE NOT TAKING FITZPATRICK

Worse, imagine tannenbaum jumping to #4 and grabbing a qb, then watching the jets get Fitzpatrick.  That would bring it all home and underscore why mccagnan is truly over his head.

• Thumb Down 1

• Thumb Down 1

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Pcola said:

The theee QBs that will be on the open market are trash.  Bradford has degenerative knee issue and Bridgewater, after two years of rehab, has not done anything to convince anyone he will ever be healthy enough to be counted on going forward.  And what is awesome about Keenum, is similar to Garoppolo, he played well enough last year to warrant a huge contract.  The difference though is is the four years of absolutely terrible film on him that dictates you don’t make that investment.

So if your HC’s goal is to survive 16 games while winning 5 games, we are in great shape.  Plenty of options.  

Are all 3 better than McCown? Petty? Hackenberg?

Bradford paired with a rookie would be fine.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

I don’t agree.  As it looks right now we are going to end up with Josh Allen, who after his stellar career at Wyoming, is going to need some time to become accustomed to the pro game.

Having Bradford go on IR will essentially ruin any chance the Jets have to develop Allen whatsoever.

Paying Keenum $60M for 3 years is what you need to do if you are going to end up with Josh Allen.

I think Allen goes before we go. I would not be surprised if the Giants take Josh Allen. Can sit him for a couple years to develop behind Eli.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Like who?  Besides Cousins there’s no one available even worth signing

Sam Bradford paired with a Baker Mayfield would be fine. Bradford would start, get hurt, and Mayfield would come in

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pcola said:

I REALLY hope you are right.

I think Baker Mayfield will be the one that is last taken.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

I’m not yet convinced that Todd Bowles would sign off on that pick.  And before anyone says that he is not the GM, the HC and the GM are on an even level of authority and taking someone at 6, it’s going to be a consensus.  I really doubt Mayfield will get that.  

I don't think he will have a choice. He's not taking Fitzpatrick. If Chubb and Barkley are gone, who else does he take?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like they’re in on Sherman, too, which tells you all you need to know about how important having “$100 mil in cap space” really is.

Philly also looking to dump Vinny Curry. Thought the Jets should take a look, but he is a 4-3 end

5 minutes ago, King P said:

Rams traded Alec Ogletree to the Giants for a 4th and 6th rounder

Rams are dumping a ton of people. They are also sending a 7th to the Giants in that deal

Just now, Joejet said:

Does everyone still think Cousins to Minnesota is a lock?

I think they are going for Keenum

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

A fifth round pick was the price.   That was the same price that the Macc paid for the scrub CB from SF that was at risk of being cut midseason.

Talib comes with a hefty tag though, so your comparison is invalid.

To be precise, a 12m dollar cap hit per spotrac

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Not to mention he’s 32

Why the hell anyone would want the Jets to go after these aging stars when they just spent an offseason shedding these kinds of players to field the youngest roster in the league is beyond me.

Cousins at 29 is literally the oldest guy that the Jets should try to bring in.

The Rashard Robinson deal was not good, but using this to prove that was stupid

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Fair enough - The comparison was not good.   I meant to illustrate that the Macc has a penchant for trading low picks for players where the value may not align.  I was not trying to advocate that the jets should trade for Talib.  Nevertheless, good points about contract value.

That's okay. I didnt think you were going there

17 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

So sad, whatever the Cowboys offered for that pick to try, and move up for Paxton Lynch that we turned down was to much.

Where did you hear this? Never heard it before?

Just now, Paradis said:

Browns just trade for Demarious Randall (spelling fcking whatever)

Jesus christ -- between them and the rams.

MAAAACCCC

Who's he?

Just now, New York Mick said:

Awesome. Now I have two 1s, two 2s and two 3s

Seriously, I have people telling me John Dorsey is great. 

THEY JUST TRADED A THIRD ROUND PICK FOR A QB WHO HAD ONE OF THE WORST PLAYOFF GAMES IN NFL HISTORY

Just now, Mogglez said:

We're picking Allen at 6, he's going to bust, and we're going to be rebuilding again in 2023.

So? You planning on dying in the next couple of years?

Just now, Mogglez said:

Right, and the Bills are just going to start Nathan Peterman.

Bills are another story.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company