joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Minnesota signing Cousins is great for Indy and Cleveland.  They can raise the price of their draft picks to Denver, Buffalo, Arizona and our Jets.  

With Jets defense lacking in talent at numerous position, a versitile Adams, considered by many as perhaps the best player in the draft, can provide many options for the Jets on the field.  I know we all live in this world where interceptions by a safety seems to be the most important stat, but this guy lines up in many spots on the field and he is involved in tackles on  plays that he is no where near at the snap of the ball.   For a rookie safety to come in and become the leader while learning the ways of the NFL is pretty impressive.  Yes...he needs turnovers to make JN happy.  Where is Marcus Williams again?

• Post of the Week 1

Browns deal for Landry but for me the bigger news is Miami getting two picks and more ammo to move up for a QB.

5 years fully guaranteed.  Get crazy and cross your fingers.

12:01  Wheres the announcement??  Lol

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ASJ is reportedly in Seattle as we speak.

I thought only agents can talk to teams.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because reporters know every move that every GM makes during the first hour of legal tampering.

The reports are that Cousins wants to meet with at least one team before signing so the earliest it could happen is Wednesday afternoon.  This saga will continue for a few more days.  I hope plan B, C, and D included speaking to other players regardless how long it takes Cousins to decide.  Don't lose out on players we want.  Be in the conversation!

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know it's probably overreacting but i'm frustrated i'm not hearing more about the Jets and who they are interested. I keep hearing about all these players and none of them besides Cousins and Richburg are being linked to the Jets.

The Jets should be aggressive in not only the QB market but O-line, CB, pass rusher, and receiver market as well. I wanna hear more names linked to the Jets.

The Bills being super aggressive is annoying. They are in a real good position to jump the Jets in the draft and get a QB if thats the route they are looking to go.

I know what you mean but on the flip side, maybe they are tight lipped about who they want which is a good thing.  You don't need to show your hand.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Buffalo Bills are like mosquitos.  Someone needs to zap them!

If Rex was there they would be moving up for Chubb

gettyimages-8811555082-e1520904082175.jpg&key=11a5559a409178f30262a5c1a1d693dcd0c0f73cc762b09baf8fac8c15f58993

Getty Images

Report: Andrew Norwell to choose among 49ers, Colts, Giants

Jags not even mentioned in article.... isn’t PFT one of outlets to first say Cousins to Minn basically a done deal?

More holes for Fournette.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We need to find out how long the documentary is supposed to be so we know how long he drags this out. :rolleyes:

NFL  RADIO said that Arizona Sports 98.7 is reporting that the Cards will offer Cousins 145 million for 5 years.  

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So.. why hasnt Cousins signed with Minny yet?

The documentary wouldn't be as exciting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

didn't mccagnan say the other day that he's going to be active in free agency?  i'd love to see what his interpretation of being inactive is.

Following reporters twitter feeds.

Glad its over.  Lets focus on getting some FA's and getting one of the 4 top QB's in the draft. 

Bridgewater is worth the gamble to bridge a new QB,

Bradford would be good too.  He's probably better than Kirk but can't stay healthy.  

Don't get all scrooge on Jensen or any other player on our radar.

Go get the QB you want in the draft!  

Vikings will not win the Super Bowl in the next 3 years.  Book it Dano!

• Like 2

Bridgewater is good pick up for us.  Still need to draft a QB though.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

If somehow all 4 of the top QB's are drafted before we pick at #6 then Lamar has to be heavily considered.  We would be better off trading back to take him but you can't risk it.  

Its also possible they are making great offers and being aggressive but players rather be somewhere else.

Smart moves are what we need to make.  We We can offer a CB 12 million but they will take 10 from a better team.  Do we get crazy and pay 13 or 14?   Then we are nuts.  

Didn't McCown make like 8 mil last year?  Pay him another 2 mil to mentor a rookie QB and also be a positive role model is a good deal for us.  

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trumaine Johnson.. first pick up I feel good about.

Trumaine Johnson finished #1 in press-man effectiveness with an 84% "in position" rate. He allowed just 43 yards all season in press.

C'mon bro.  You know nyjunc wants to throw out these types of stats :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Does Jordy have anything left? Lackluster season with Rodgers throwing him the ball

I'd rather get a younger dude in here.  At his age I'm sure he wants to go to a better team with a shot at the SB.

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
Howard Balzer @HBalzer721

Trumaine Johnson contract worth $72.5M for 5 yrs with $34M fully guaranteed plus $11M in injury guarantees.

It is what it is.  We wanted him and we got him.  Can't penny pinch too much on some of these guys.  

• Upvote 2

Any chance Demario gets resigned?  Could it work out with him and Williamson?

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Johnson is one of the worst corners in the league?! Where's this coming from? 

Probably lost a fantasy playoff game due to the Rams defense.

• Haha 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company