joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

doesn’t fit the he isn’t good cause Pittsburgh don’t want him narrative . 

Kirk isn’t coming here he going to Minnesota. But it’s gonna be funny watching fans bash Macc for not getting him . 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It may just be that the Jets are offering way more money so he can't say no to it regardless of the other teams

We could only hope 

6 hours ago, pointman said:

Haha! I love the Jets, and appreciate Jamal's effort and work ethic and all that. I just don't really care for all the jawing when he really hasn't been the second coming of Ed Reed. He talks too much. I wish he toned it down. And I love me some sh*t talk and the players that go hard and talk hard too. He just talks more than his play shows.

He has to be Ed reed good to talk ? dude plays with a passion and fire nothing wrong with that all. You guys find away to hate everything sheesh 

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

seems the writing is on the wall here folks . He wants to be Viking his agent just gonna use everyone else just to assure they get the money and contract they want . 

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

A 3 year deal would not benefit us unless we hit on all of our FA signings and almost all of our draft picks this year. Too many things have to go right for us to contend immediately.

Realistically, with signing Cousins to our current roster we might not be able to contend until Cousins’ final contract year. Guess what else will be happening around that time (if we are contending)? Everyone else on our squad is going to want a huge pay day. So you’d be fighting to keep Cousins while having huge roster holes.

For us, I believe signing Cousins to a 4-5 year deal is only scenario that benefits us long term. If he only wants 3, we’ll be in a huge mess in a couple of years.

Offer him long term/front-loaded $. He can have his first 3 years fully guarenteed. He says no? Focus on the rest of the roster and draft our guy, who you can build a team around for about 5 years before you have to renew his deal.

Jets have Zero leverage to force a 5 year deal. Right now signing him period seems like long shot as the days go by .. Cousin’s and his agent are in control everything . 

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I’m not even gonna pretend I know this guy lol

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, derp said:

I'd like to hope Darkwa would be intended to be this year's Khiry Robinson. Really don't want them to spend for Lewis.

Do we really need more of these ? Khiry,  washed up forte, Ridley wish would just draft our starting caliber RB.  Stop messing around these type of guys . McGuire is essentially a darkwa caliber of player.  

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The #Jets haven’t budged from their 2-year, $8m offer to Austin Seferian-Jenkins, which was put on the table before season ended. Still interest on both sides to get something done, but sounds like he’ll hit free agency. Risky move for NYJ. Seferian-Jenkins will be coveted.

Give the same money to eifert on a prove it deal and let’s move on 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

80 catches 1400 yards and 14tds in 2015 with Blake Bortles as his QB = overrated.. Gotcha

You mean to tell me mediocre player like a Paul Richardson who has 1 decent year and is injury prone to fullest . Doesn’t excite you? 

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Dude just can't stay on the field. He's only played in like 40 of 80 games. The best ability is availability when it comes to the NFL. I think Eifert is the better TE but if we are paying him that much for 8 games it makes ASJ look like a better value.

we tend to do well with those Kinda guys Landry and Claiborne of recent . 

Eifert would be worth the minimal risk imo . For the hype we give ASJ . Eifert put up his numbers the year before  on 20 less catches . 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't  think Mayowa is a bad guy to have in.  He is a rotational guy.  Think of him as a replacement for Ealy, not a solution.  He should to sign for sub-$3M per with very little guarantee or bonus.  He can play if he has to, but is very low tier for a starter.  Think a lower level Calvin Pace and stop talking about the guy like he is expected to be a sack machine.  He had some injury issues last year, they may be chronic.

He probably is good fit like you say. It’s just he is the kinda name I would expect to hear about a week from now when all the dust has settled. Not the first day of FA. 

• Like 1

I might be only jets fan that won’t lose any sleep if ASJ walks .. god how will we ever replace those 300 yards . 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

That feels a lot like McCown had better stats than Cousins so why bother. He was more important to this team than his stats indicated IMO. We'll replace that 300 yards but Seattle will get a 25 year old TE on the rise. I hope I'm dead wrong but losing him and opening another hole over that little amount of money is a mistake. Not to mention how it looks to young players who want to get a new deal from the Jets. 

I missed the rise after ASJ faded away after his hot start .  Seattle just killed jimmy graham career for the past 3 years . I’m really not concerned about ASJ rising with Wilson. 

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I think some of our rookies are older than them (Marcus Maybe and Ardarious come to mind)

Yeah Maye is 25 already 

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL. Obviously you are unfamiliar with Paul Richardson.  He had an ACL a few years ago and had a rock solid year last year even though he was the 3rd target in line for Wilson.  

Yes I’m not familiar with a kid I wanted us draft 4 years ago . Who has a number of injuries in 3 of his 4 years in the league including 3 Torn Acl injuries in his career 

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/paul-richardson/6967

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

Nothing on the Jets front. 

There’s a snow storm coming .. Marc and Co gotta get prepared . They will get around to calling Benson Mayowa soon lol

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Cameron Brate just signed a 6 year $41 million deal with $18 guaranteed.

He isnt even the Bucs top TE since they drafted OJ Howard last year and he had 48 catches for 591 and 6 tds.

Not sure what planet we are on, but ASJ's agent just cracked a BIG smile

He is very Well the top Bucs TE kid has been a stud for 2 straight years . And imo proves ASJ doesn’t deserve 6+ million a year . 

Brate had over 1100 yards and 14 TDS last 2 years. ASJ had about 500 yards and 4 TDs. 

• Like 1

Just now, maury77 said:

This reminds me of the 24 hours before the Jets signed Revis, Cromartie and Skrine. Everyone was complaining that the Jets weren't doing anything. 

Years later were still suffering from these bad signings

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Watkins or Moncrief? 

Watkins easily . But Moncrief is more our style of budget signing 

Welp its off day thanks to snow .. I’m gonna do what Macc is doing and get me some sleep 

Lol im kidding 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Enunwa/Andersen/Kearse. This team has bigger issues than WR

Yes where all set . Where counting a receiver coming back from a broken neck and Reciever who can’t stop being arrested . Sounds like sure thing to me . 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Giants are counting on a receiver who got busted with drugs.

Shut up

This is your comeback . Go back to sleep . OBJ wasn’t even arrested or even being investigated by the league ., and more Importantly dude is a Top 5 Wr in this league you absolutely can count on him.. 

Ok I’m over it . Would like too see Avery Williamson . Be targeted . 

3 minutes ago, aagarcia said:

and Saints resign Brees.  

Isn’t that as expected ?

Lol it’s funny how the 28th ranked offense don’t need playmakers according some of y’all.. 

theres still plenty of talent on the defensive side of the Ball hopefully we get active . Would  of liked to give hitchens a look but good signing by KC.

7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

You think giving Sammy Watkins 3/48 is a good move? I don’t 

I think he is gonna ball in that offense .  Paul Richardson is probably gonna get the same kinda money . Everyone is gonna get overpaid with the cap going up . I don’t like the fit for us . But the trend for us is we don’t value the position and that is alarming . 

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why would we want to pay more? He's the highest paid guard in NFL history

Well considering the tackle play in the NFL has gone to crap all around over the years . It makes sense to start giving it to great interior guys. 

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd still throw a contract at Meridith that the Bears can't match. 

Kid is a freak when he is healthy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why is anyone surprised it’s his hometown team 

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company