joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

January 3rd

Lol, google works too.  March 12th

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

If I am Mac - the 3-year term makes us pull out of the negotiations... We would be bringing him in to be the long-term answer here. Not be the QB version of Revis

Nah, 3 years is good for both sides.  Options to extend if he is doing well, and an out if he isnt.  For him, if hes doing well he could be the highest paid again in 3 years, and im sure there will be a no tag clause.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol fake account look at the username

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Yeah that got me too at first. Fake account!

Lol...me not so good with the twitters, me guess.

40 million first year is really doesnt mean much of anything cap wise.

20 million base salary, 10 million roster, and 10 million signing bonus.  Cap hit 32.5 million.  29 and change avg the next 3 years

20 million base with 20 million signing is 25 million cap hit year 1.  31 and change avg over the next 3 years.

Both are 40 millon first year but affect cap differently.

My personal opinion would be 90 million first 2 years based on current salary cap the next 2 years.  20 million salary, 40 million signing bonus, 7 million roster bonus making a 37 million cap hit year 1.

15 million salary, and 8 million roster with a 33 million cap hit (15 salary, 8 million roster, and 10 million prorated signing) year 2.  That would leave his remaining contract at 25 million per (15 million salary with prorated signing) which will be on the cheap when contracts like leo, adams, etc come due.

Of course this is based on the reported 30 million per he is seeking.  If the contact is fully guaranteed, it makes no sense to backload it, and the Jets have the capability to frontload with the current cap space the next 2 years.  JMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

I wanted Kirk. Auto-stability. No need to surrender draft picks.

That said, he has put himself in a tough spot. Its SB or bust. Minny isnt the NY media but they have hardcore fans. And theyre hungry.  Expectations are as high as can be.

Meanwhile, in NY the expectations would be: get us to the playoffs as competitors and keep us there for the next 4 years. The team would have the resources to give him some weapons this year and cater the team to his needs. There’s nowhere to go but up.

In Minny, Diggs is about to command about 18-22M per year. They’ve already lost a key playmaker in McKinnon. Barr, Kendricks and Hunter all FA after next year. Minny will be in a bind to maintain their level of success. Their currently listed with about 30M in cap space after next year.

And Minny will again have to claw through the NFC gauntlet in the playoffs where they were already clobbered by PHI after a lucky win cs NO.

Good luck Kirk, you’re gonna need it.

That teams is going to implode.  They cant afford to sign their core players, unless they try amd back load the contracts.  Diggs, Kendricks, Barr, Floyd are all on the final year of their contracts.  They could draft well, restructure contracts etc, but as you stated its super bowl or bust.  Hell his contract even spells that out with the supwr bowl incentives.  He turned down the chance to be a legend in NY, and was my favorite player in his draft class.  Now, he deserves what he gets.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With our cap space, this should be a no brainier signing. Great punter for a team that hasn't had a good punter in a long time. He can change field position which is critical for a team possibly breaking in a rookie QB.

I like our punter.  He was invonsistent at times but can change field position.  Imo

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company