joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

I would not be against looking to Bradford for a one year deal. And draft a Qb at 6. 

22 hours ago, flgreen said:

If they are going to go that route, I would just re-sign McCown for another 1 year deal

I'm ok with that too. But in all honesty I don't think McCown could last a year if he starts. He's a good player but as we saw sometimes too mistake prone and the Jets were not good enough to overcome that. But the Jets have to make up their mind soon on what path they are going to take. Because free agency precedes the draft. 

Jimmy Graham's stats went down last year but he was coming off of a patella injury. He still was a great end zone presence and had 10 Tds. So if healthy and reasonable in terms of salary and not too much of an increase in pay check over ASJ I'd go for it with him. I think he makes the plays that Jenkins didn't make last season. 

• Upvote 2

The problem with McCown is basically durability and that hurt his performance, too. He made too many mistakes because he was pretty well beat up. We could draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick only if you want to make this fan base go crazy. It would shake things up, huh. with many notable departures of people who can't take it anymore. I mean we haven't had a good fight since Fitz flew the coup. (it's not April 1st but just kidding)

• Thumb Down 1

If you sign Bridgewater it's all about health not talent. We know he can play and be a starting NFL Qb. It should be inexpensive plus you draft a Qb at overall 6. But there are other options including McCown. Both would be for one year deals. The expectation being the drafted Qb is your starter in 2019. Unless Teddy is healthy and can beat him out. 

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

McCown is a waste of time. At least Bridgewater and McCarron are young with some upside. 

McCown is your one year stopgap in case our rookie isn't ready to start opening day. But there are other choices like Bridgewater. 

The bottom line with those two Qb deals is they are one year deals. It gives us an inexpensive chance to see what Teddy can still bring to the table, insurance with McCown (who we saw can give you quality starts) and a year to develop a rookie and then start them later in the season or in 2019. It's not a bad plan. So if we draft a Qb we will probably bring only 4 to training camp and that 4th guy will probably be Hack. Petty will be let go or possibly traded before the draft. Hack if he survives training camp would then most likely be on PS. Chances are nobody would claim him if so they have to put him on active roster. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not a Mayfield fan and probably Rosen, Allen and Darnold will be taken before #6. But I don't think we should trade up which means giving up part of next year's draft and our 2nd round picks this year. Lamar Jackson could be available and he might end up being the best Qb in the draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Skrine played much better the second half of the season. And could have an important role on the team this year. But look at what he is due this year. $8.5 million. They can buy him out for I think 2.5. Based on this I cut him. 

I don't think the honey badger is worth it. Plus we have good players at the safety position. If I spend big money on D I go for a legit pass rusher. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company