joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm fine with A-Rob staying in Jax... but I would like to overhaul our entire WRs corps.. why not? What better time. We have the money, and we don't have a lot of talent we're committed to. 

Watkins, Richardson, Lee, Brown, Wright - i'd prefer all of 'em to our current crop.... (I'm also quietly hoping we make Michael Floyd our next reclamation project. 

Why pay top dollar though at a position when you have young inexpensive guys who can play on the roster right now? That's how you get yourself into cap trouble quicker.

I get the concerns about Robby Anderson but the Jets aren't moving on from him and the guy has legit talent. Kearse and Enunwa (if healthy) can get open and catch the ball. We need 1 receiver who can start to add to that group IMO. We don't need to be paying 2 or 3 FAs to come in here and do a job a guy like Robby Anderson can do for pennies right now. Especially if we may be looking to pay a FA QB big money.

The Bills are being really aggressive. They hold the number 12 overall pick now after this Cordy Glenn trade. If we don't get Cousins we are going to have to be aggressive in the draft in order to land a QB. Most likely going to have to move up...

I know it's probably overreacting but i'm frustrated i'm not hearing more about the Jets and who they are interested. I keep hearing about all these players and none of them besides Cousins and Richburg are being linked to the Jets.

The Jets should be aggressive in not only the QB market but O-line, CB, pass rusher, and receiver market as well. I wanna hear more names linked to the Jets.

The Bills being super aggressive is annoying. They are in a real good position to jump the Jets in the draft and get a QB if thats the route they are looking to go.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

I know what you mean but on the flip side, maybe they are tight lipped about who they want which is a good thing.  You don't need to show your hand.   

Agreed. Like I said, I know i'm probably overreacting. 

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let me ask you. Do you really believe that the Jets will sign nobody?

No. I think they're going to be very active and will sign multiple FAs. Waiting for FA to officially start is just boring. It's easy to get caught up in reading reports nonstop about whose interested in who.

No Watson or Robinson? Jeez. If this team addresses the defense heavily this off season and only adds a QB on offense either via FA or the draft i'm going to be pissed.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Would have loved to have him. I'm genuinely confused with where we will be spending our money at this point.

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!! 

Good thing this isn't an offensive driven passing league or anything...

• Upvote 1

Just now, peebag said:

How are they going to get to the cap floor?

They'll probably pay a couple of CB's big money, which to be fair they do need and hopefully sign a quality lineman or two. Could still sign a guy like Bridgewater now if Cousins is definitely off the table which he most likely is. But I bet they resign McCown which sucks...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I would not really mind loading up on defense outside of C and then go offense heavy in the draft. 

They have needs on defense especially at CB and edge rusher. But this is an offensive driven league. It's just frustrating to be reading about all these top offensive FAs going to other teams.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

dude.

if they miss on Cousins they are re-signing McCown and drafting a QB at 6 or moving up.  That is an acceptable solution.

If Macc only signs McCown and Teddy and ignores QB in the 1st round he will not last the year.  He knows this.

To me McCown is not an acceptable solution. I've been a big defender of Macc and Bowles as well. But going with McCown even if they draft a QB at 6 doesn't work for me. I want a better option in the present than McCown. I'd much rather this team sign Bridgewater, draft a QB in the first round and gamble that Bridgewater's knee is healthy instead of going back to McCown next season with a rookie QB and virtually sacrificing another season from a win-loss perspective.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

great way to get woody to fire bowles, draft mayfield, resign mccown, watch bowles play mccown all year.  fans go nuts.

That's what will happen. Except idk about the firing. But if McCown is on this roster with a rookie QB, you know it will be it least until week 10 until we see the rookie. It would take an injury to McCown to see the rookie sooner. The idea that McCown will start the first month of the season and then we'd transition to the rookie is something I simply don't believe. Bowles would play McCown and say "he gives us the best chance to win". 

If McCown didn't get hurt last year, we most likely never even see Petty...

16 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Starter until game 6 when Baker comes in and makes the Vikings and Kirk Cousins look silly.

Baker Mayfield wouldn't sniff the field with this Head Coach unless McCown gets hurt. This is the same Head Coach who refused to pull him last season. If he didn't get hurt in Denver, we never would have even seen Petty. If I were a rookie QB I would not want to come to the Jets. Luckily, they don't really have a choice.

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Petty?  You wanted to see Petty?  We'd seen Petty before and we knew he sucked.  If we draft a QB @6 or trade up to get one earlier - I can promise you he's seeing the field this year.

You missed my point. It's not about Petty. Petty stinks. It's about being able to move on from a 38 year old QB who isn't going to help you win anything. Bowles won't move on from this guy now that he's under contract.

Not a bad day for the Jets. Started off that way but getting Teddy on a 1 year deal basically assures that the Jets are still looking QB in the 1st round of the draft. I wish they could have got him for 2 years and passed on McCown but it is what it is.

Trumaine Johnson was a really good signing. I can live with Crowell. I would still like to see them resign Davis and either resign Claiborne or sign a guy like Breeland to play across from Johnson.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Breeland went to Washington. I think Claiborne resigns. 

I missed the Breeland move. He went to Carolina.

Claiborne seems like a logical choice then.

4 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I guess Demario is out.   Is this guy any good?

He's pretty good. And he's only 26 which is a plus. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Supposedly good against the run but sucks in coverage. Woo!

I saw that also but he's young and can improve in that area. He graded out as a top 10 ILB last year along with Davis. It took Davis a while to get to the level he played at last season.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm not gonna re-cap the busiest day in JN history. Just read some of the threads.

Some players choose a better situation over a little more money. It's not necessarily because it's the Jets. We got one of the top CB's on the market, one of the top ILBs, every situation is different. JMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, I think Clairborne was better than Johnson last year.  Johnson was legit in the, do not touch category.  He's not good.  One of the worst graded corners in the league.

Claibrone was good the first half of the season and started to fall apart the second half. I wouldn't mind him back though but Johnson is the better player.

3 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Rams are paying less for Peters and Talib duo than we are paying for only Trumaine Johnson

Because those guys weren't FAs and are playing under their old contracts. If Peters hit the market he would be getting what Trumaine Johnson just got from us. 

16 minutes ago, prime21 said:

E.J. Gaines - DB - Free Agent
Free agent CB E.J. Gaines is scheduled to visit the Jets on Thursday and Browns on Friday.

Related: Browns, Jets

Gaines would be a great signing for us. He was really good last year with the Bills.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company