joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

37 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If they are going to go that route, I would just re-sign McCown for another 1 year deal

29 minutes ago, kelly said:

i think that's what mac is gonna do  ;)

Sweet. then we could just alternate starting QB's each week to try to keep them healthy ... and still have a losing record.... lol

lets not do this.

7 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Vikings and Cousins heating up.

Smart on their part. Keenum, IMO, can't be counted on to play nearly as well as this past season. Flash in the pan and some team (please not us) is going to pay him more than he is worth to lose a lot of games.Maybe the Giants bring him in, just in case Eli gets injured... plus he'd be familiar with the system.

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No the jets drafting Mayfield Josh Allen is

fixed

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol we really aren’t in this race like we think we are. It’s Minnesota or Denver as long as the money looks OK. Doesn’t have to look great. I mean he’s not needing money. He got franchise tagged twice. Money doesn’t matter as much as some of you think it does.

Money matters. In this case with Cousins it will matter but won't be the deciding factor. I'd leave a few mil on the table to play with JETS before I would go to Cleveland. And id do the same to go to Minnesota. I personally don't think the Broncos are that great especially when you consider 2-3 years down the road.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Giants?  They are going to keep Eli, draft a QB high (more than $5M contract) and then pay another QB?  

Are they drafting a QB for sure? no one knows... It was just a hypothetical. I am not reporting it as fact.

26 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

so we are trading for Aaron Rodgers.... lol 

1 hour ago, King P said:
ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpgAdam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

And another CB deal: Panthers trading CB Daryl Worley to Eagles in exchange for WR Torrey Smith, sources tell ESPN. Trades continue....

12:30 PM - 9 Mar 2018

Cam needs wepinz 

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Tavon Austin, Weston Richburg, Demario Davis, Morris Claiborne, Orleans Darkwa, and ASJ being our only signings.

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

WTF with this Orleans Darkwa?  Why do the Jets want to pay for him, does his agent have something on Macc?  Just draft Bo Scarbaugh if you want that kind of RB in the 5th.

No to Tavon and No to Darkwa. Agree with Lupz. Just draft a bigger back later in draft if you just want a bruiser and it’s cheaper. Tavon good lord I talk about overdrafted and not worth it to us. Austin didn’t even do much on return team last year, did he? I mean I’dsay pass to both of them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Fear not. The Falcons and Seattle are coming for ASJ, so he’s gone anyway. Also seeing a bunch of new, post-Cousins-to-Minny rumors that the Jets are in on AJ McCarron, so there you go.

IMO. If  mccarron is the target then I think Mac may actually draft a top QB. 

37 minutes ago, Jetscreen said:

The best part about McCown and everyone seems to be missing is that he's NOT our future. everyone that is complaining he's not our future are exactly right. But, please tell me, how that is a bad thing? Resigning McCown pretty much compels mac to draft a QB. Not that he didn't have enough pressure any way to get a QB, but signing McCown makes it that much more important. He's 40 years old and that is certainly a sign he will decline. In fact, I'd be surprised if he didn't get benched this season? He's never been a great QB any way.

If Mac drafts his replacement, and McCown (who has designs on being a coach someday) teaches him the ropes and grooms him for taking McCown's place? That is a very good thing and puts us on the fast track to getting a FQB.

Mac should be compelled to draft a QB just as he should have been from day 1. Settling for a crappy QB for any roster spot is stupid. We shouldn’t settle for any JAG. Go get good players, stop trying to just be mediocre, start actually trying to have high standards. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Never heard of him. Is he any good?

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m not even gonna pretend I know this guy lol

Same here, I was like

who-the-fook-is-that-guy-who-the-fook-is-that.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the point of the 3 year deal is that he can do this whole thing again, when the cap is increased and guys are making 35M/year.  he'll give minny a 3 year window, then pick the next team that's close that needs a good qb, assuming he's still playing well.  

People though Revis was the player the maximized his earning potential the most in the NFL... Cousins is sure giving that theory a run for the money for sure. 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

It's smart though, I can't blame him. Get another chance for another contract at 32 yrs old with the same team or another.

i totally agree. get your money kirk.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The great irony of using this meme is that the dude that Conor originally said it to has gone on an absolutely savage run and is probably one win away from a title shot.

yup, Jeremy Stephens has won his last 3 and 2 by KO. he is going to make his case if he can beat Aldo or Frankie... but I don't think he can beat Ortega or Holloway at this point. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i have a different theory on this.  i think mccagnan may finally realize that he may well have to trade up to get his qb if he wants to keep this job.  so he may actually realize that if he deals those 2nd rounders he won't be able to fill 2 needs, one of which would be rb.  so if he has to go a year by committee with a scrub rb but gets his qb it's ultimately a small price to pay.  but i think his goal is go into the draft with no glaring holes not b/c it will allow him to go BAP but b/c he may give up several picks to get a qb.

Pick one Mac!

nextJEtQBcolor.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The list of teams showing interest in former Cowboys defensive end Benson Mayowa is growing.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Mayowa is visiting the Jets on Monday. He is expected to go on to visit the Redskins on Tuesday and Rapoport reports that the Seahawks and Colts have also shown interest in hosting Mayowa if he doesn’t land a deal on those visits.

Mayowa was released by the Cowboys last week after spending two years with the team. He had six sacks in his first year with Dallas, but only had one last season and has nine for his five-year NFL career.

The Jets had 28 sacks last season and ranked 28th in the league in that category, so they’d likely be hoping for something closer to Mayowa’s 2016 production if they do strike a deal with him on Monday.

LOL, why the F* are we in on this guy?

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Don't get sentimental in negotiations.  Just because we finally used the TE position last year

doesn't mean Seferian-Jenkins was Antonio Gates in his prime.  There are others on the market

and we still have Leggett coming back from injury

and Bates is going to be in charge of the offense now. Based on the 2008 broncos TE numbers he probably isn't going to taylor an offense to TE's, they might even be used same or less than last year.

Just now, SenorGato said:

This is basically the Braylon Edwards argument off of that one year. 

ah yes, the Derek Anderson / Braylon Edwards that blew up lol.. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm fine with A-Rob staying in Jax... but I would like to overhaul our entire WRs corps.. why not? What better time. We have the money, and we don't have a lot of talent we're committed to. 

Watkins, Richardson, Lee, Brown, Wright - i'd prefer all of 'em to our current crop.... (I'm also quietly hoping we make Michael Floyd our next reclamation project. 

i have to disagree with you here I don't want Floyd near this team. I am okay with the others listed

Just now, Paradis said:

I'll bite. Go on...

I don't have a massively genius reasoning. I don't know that this guy whom I would say was just an average WR benefitting from Fitzgerald being opposite of him is the almost 30yr old WR we should try to save. Reclamation project, I mean I guess if its like vet minimum with no other options. I just don't think we are at a point with this team were, while we are trying to build up, we should be trying to sign guys that have sketchy, recent pasts. I was hesitant on ASJ and honestly he kept his nose clean for a season, played decent at times. 

Floyd would be on what his 4th team with us, to me that sounds way more concerning than ASJ. 

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Are you suggesting they're being dishonest?

I fully expect Alex Smith to go back to being the level of QB he was at somewhere between his first few years at 9ers and Harbaugh, but not anything more.

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

Nothing on the Jets front. 

Because Mac is 100% focused on Cousins. I mean that has to be it, right? 

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

One more year! One more year! One more year! 

45 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why would Cousins' PR team tag the Jets at all when Minnesota seems to have this deal locked up?

if you went to the real article the Jets or Vikings were not tagged

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

i thought Cousins was reported as saying he was not making visits?

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Vikings have made a call to Drew Bree's being reported. 

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They should. He fits better than Cousins if he wants to go

brees on vikings? wow.. could be some good games in NFC North

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Vikings and Cousins were a done deal why are they calling Drew Brees? This is getting murkier

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

One rumored element that Cousins wants is to be wanted and respected after the hell he went through in Washington

Vikings calling Brees gives the impression that they aren't all in on him

sounds like if I am cousins I don't want to be a plan 2A or plan B

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

IMO anybody who thinks Drew Brees is leaving NO is insane. He is a god there

i think he stays too.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whoever goes after case keenum is making a huge mistake, it better bloody well not be the jets

yup... no shurmur to keep him as productive, not with this NY team.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Kirk Cousins, Orleans Darkwa, Bilal Powell, Eli McQuire, Jordan Leggett, Jermaine Kearse, Chad Hansen, Ardarius Stewart, and Quincy Enunwa striking fear in the heart of defenses coming to a theater near you 2018!

What a joke.

I get your point here, but lets hold up ... We do not have Cousins or Darkwa.... lets just wait and see. Deep breath my man. deep breath..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Deep breath for what?  A RB nobody wants, a Guard, Center, and then watching the Jets overpay a 29 year old CB in Trumaine Johnson AKA Revis 2.0, drafting another Safety at 6, and then watch Todd Bowles wave the white flag when his offense has done nothing, and punts late in the 3rd quarter from midfield  down 20-6?

Bringing back Macc, and Bowles is where this all went wrong, and maybe they are not authorized to spend a dollar unless they land Cousins, and if we don’t the Jets ownership might basically hoard the cap space for next season, and start it over with a whole new Regime, but if that is the plan should have just did it this season.

because nothing has happened yet, why get all pissed off when nothing has happened? 

I don't think, and i hope I am right that we don't touch Darkwa 

We agree on Bowles and Mac and I do think Bowles and his "not wanting to play a young qb" is why Mac is even in on Cousins. WE should have had a legit rebuild in Mac's first year and WOody should have said do whatever you have to do to draft your QB. WE should have traded up for one already. 

We basically agree on everything from what I can tell, I am just saying to chill and lets see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

If they sign Bradford they still draft a QB right?

they should

Just now, JiF said:

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

They are paying him well, and they were minutes away from a SB, not rocket science if your Norwell. top RB strong defense.

Besides you know mac is having all his time tied up in the cousins goose chase and getting ready to go to Baker Mayfield's pro day. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cardinals are in the same boat as the Jets and in a much tougher division. He should pass that

also, who do they have other than David Johnson, Larry Fitz for what 1 more season. lol.. I don't see the appeal to Zona

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Throw out some names that are game changers on offense available to the Jets right now?  I’m sick of being garbage on offense in an era where Kirk Cousins can command 30 million per year because he had a good year with Jordan Reed, Garçon, and D Jackson, Tavon Austin is a kick/punt returner, Paul Richardson is Devin Smith if Devin Smith got healthy, Mike Wallace please, a 2nd rounder for Tyrell Williams no thanks, Darkwa lol.  The Jets would need a miracle to have say Rosen, or Darnold fall to 6, and have say guys like Michel, and C Kirk fall to them in the 2nd, and all 3 become instant difference makers to make this offense exciting, that’s like a .0000003% chance.

I can't. If we aren't trying to get Watkins, or even Robinson. I don't know what the hell we are doing. It seems like every offseason with these two morons we do the same things. I have been begging for us to become an offensively minded team since Mangenious days.. I also hope you don't think that I am saying I want us to sign Kirk for that much money, because I don't. I just don't have high expectations in FA with this F.O. set-up.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOL you think so? Try Larry Fitz, David Johnson, John Brown and a still decent defense.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Seahawks are tearing it down, the 49ers, and Rams are building it up, the Cardinals are a QB away from being thne same 13-3 team they were in 2015, IF they think Cousins is that guy, why wouldn’t Cousins think the same because you think Cousins should choose facing Tom Brady for 3 years as a Jet with his best offensive weapon being Bilal Powell, and Jermaine Kearse?

Now think about how foolish you sound.

Steve Wilks is the new HC, defensive coordinator. That offense is not great outside of david johnson and fitz is on a retirement tour. who knows what that team is going to do. I mean do you trust Mike McCoy to run a good offense he got fired from Chargers and Broncos. I am just saying I have no expectations for the Cards

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Fitz is still putting up great numbers though. And yes I absolutely trust Mike McCoy to call a good offense. He was never good at being a head coach. He’s a pretty decent OC with all things considered.

fired from his lat oc job after 10 games

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Say that’s all true, you still choosing Jets, and Bowles over David Johnson?

i mean i am a jets fan, so yeah. now would i like to have david johnson here? abso"f*cking"lutely 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah a hand injury is so major to a guy who makes a career of using his legs come on dude.

it was a wrist, but not the point. Agree with Lupz here. Johnson will be fine

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company