joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

I go away for half a day and it feels like a bar fight has broken out in the trading room. It's all happening.

Feels a bit like a dance to me. Cousins tags the Jets to up the price to the Vikings. Vikings enquire about Brees to put a shot across the bow of Cousins. 

It will have to be a hell of a sell to get him here. And I wonder how much I want a guy I have to sell to that hard.

• Post of the Week 2

So with Keenum gone, if we don't sign Cousins we're down to Bradford, Bridgewater or McCown as the place holders for the drafted QB ?

Disappointing so far. Had hoped we'd get a Olineman, maybe 2, a top WR and Butler.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

They sure didn’t seem like they were going to cut Hack before these two signings. It’s just really confusing for me. I don’t understand ... like ... if you are already saying McCown is the starter...why is Bridgewater on our team instead of just having the #1 round rookie back him up? Really it should be vise versa with McCown backing the rookie up but whatever..still just makes zero sense for me.

Agreed. MCCown or Bridgewater. But both ? I thought the interest in Bridgewater was just cover in case McCown wasn't a done deal.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Beyond idiotic to me. Wtf are they thinking man? W.T.F

Only way I riddle it out is that they are going a Rookie QB high in the draft and all it takes is McCown to be injured and all we have on the roster is the rookie. So they have depth in Bridgewater so that situation never happens, that the rookie isn't exposed to being the only QB on the roster and with no experience.

Petty and Hack are out. 

• Upvote 1

It's time for Kirk to piss or get off the pot.

He's a good QB, no argument but the circus around him being a FA is over, he's got his money and the team of his choosing. Time to deliver. If I'm Minny, I don't want to hear in 2 years time after going 9-7 and losing in the Wild Card any bitching or excuses. Kirk thinks he's that good, time to prove it.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's going to be awesome when Bridgewater turns out to be a better QB than Kirk.

Might not be a popular hope or opinion around here but I think the guy will turn out to be a franchise guy given time (he's only 25) and that when we draft a rookie in the first we may very well have 2 guys we have to decide over this time next year.

Wouldn't it be ironic that we have no one for decades and two come long at once.

• Upvote 2

When the Vikings open the season 1-3 we'll check in on how the love affair is going.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't seen the conference, but does Cousins come across as a Viking for life ?

I mean, every franchise guy around is basically on that team for life (at least the meaningful years). They live and die for the team. Cousins is going to sour things pretty quickly if he only sees the Vikings as his team for 3 years until the next pay day. He needs to be looking at the Vikes as his team to the end cause it will come across if he doesn't the the other players and fans will pick up on it.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company