joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Wonder if they're looking at signing in guys like Darkwa in anticipation of losing picks (which would previously have been used on the very deep RB class) to trade up, in light of Cousins/Vikings talk. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously if we sign a Cousins or a Keenum, we can put the 6th pick up for bid

I'd agree about Cousins. Keenum though, if we went into the season with Case Keenum as our future, that'd be a huge dereliction if duty by Mac. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Bears signing Robinson.

Way to go Mac....

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Allen Robinson was always, honestly, a longshot.  He was a Chicago sports fan growing up and they had a need and money.  

Fair enough I suppose. Still disappointing. Onto Watkins now I  guess.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

All of you think the Jets will sign nobodies. Hilarious. 

Corrected....

• Upvote 1

Bridgewater and trading up is fine. 

However that tweet reads like "they will think about it", which means they probably won't. 

Getting the impression that players getting paid more than usual (due to Cap Space increases), and because we have to pay a little more we're refusing as don't feel it's value. 

Which is all well and good, but when we have absolutely nothing on offence, it's an incredibly risky/silly/suicidal tactic. 

Danny Amendola to the Phins

Bradford to Cardinals as well. 

Bringing Crowell in has to indicate we are preparing to blow a load of draft picks to trade up. Surely, right? 

If so, it's a decent move in a poor RB FA market. 

Only centre, guard, cb and wr to upgrade now then. Easy....

I'm in full on "straw clutching" mode right now. 

Has there been any rumours of Jenson, Johnson or Fuller being in talks at all? 

Signing Trumaine Johnson!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 year deal for Bridgewater is sound. Means we still draft a QB, and we give Bridgewater a chance to prove his fitness/ability etc... 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Not a bad day for the Jets. Started off that way but getting Teddy on a 1 year deal basically assures that the Jets are still looking QB in the 1st round of the draft. I wish they could have got him for 2 years and passed on McCown but it is what it is.

Trumaine Johnson was a really good signing. I can live with Crowell. I would still like to see them resign Davis and either resign Claiborne or sign a guy like Breeland to play across from Johnson.

Breeland signing for Panthers I believe

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

Do you guys really think the reason Bowles didn't play Petty or Hack was because they are rookies?

If a rookie can play, he'll get snaps.

To be fair to Bowles, he gave Hackenberg every chance in pre-season to win the starting job. He was just dire. 

Petty started to have a chance, then got injured. By the time he was back, Mccown was in and doing a solid job. And Petty showed later he was far from being good enough. 

There's hundreds of things to criticise Bowles for. Not playing Hackenberg isn't one of them, in my humble opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Has there been any rumours at all about Ryan Jensen? Sounds very quiet on his front. 

Same with the likes of Claiborne, Demario Davis etc...

Wouldn't mind us bringing in Brandon Coleman. Decent, big threat and always done well for Saints. Shouldn't cost the earth either

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

I prefer Terrel Pryor over Brandon Coleman, at least he broke 1,000 yards once, with Josh McCown to boot. 

Fair dos. Suppose would be another QB ahead of Hack on the depth chart....

Tyler Eifert staying with Bengals. Bugger. 

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And its Todd Bowles United.....I have ZERO faith that he will start Bridgewater.

TO be fair to Bowles, he gave Hackenberg every single opportunity to beat McCown last pre-season. Hackenberg was the main story of our pre-season. He was just useless, and you couldn't blame Bowles for keeping McCown above Hack. 

He even gave Petty a decent chance and he was looking like he might challenge him before he got injured. 

• Upvote 1

Ealy signs for Cowboys. Shame, nothing special but handy player to have. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company