joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All that Jets fans care about is that the Vikings reaching out to Brees means that all the reports that Cousins to the Jets could be BS and we could be back in the picture. 

Honestly, the longer this plays out the better. 

The only concern I have is the longer the Cousins saga plays out, the longer it keeps us from making other moves.  Other teams will be positioning themselves to draft one of the top 3 QB’s while we’re waiting for Cousins to make a decision.  Cousins needs to make a decision by the end of the week or we just need to move on

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i'd like to think that a team with no offense and $100M in cap space would be prepared to do other things while they wait for cousins to put on a vikings jersey.

I agree but the issue here is if the Jets are all in on Cousins they may not know what financial package Cousins will agree to especially when his agent knows we have the most money to spend which will affect how much money we spend on other free agents.

All this hesitation could be a ploy to drive up the price which at this point, the Jets will pay if it seals the deal

• Upvote 1

Macc has got to have something big in play cuz nothing is coming out of the Jets camp, heck there’s more leaked info coming out of Muller’s investigation than the Jets.  But I would think by now Macc should have a good idea whether we have a realistic chance at Cousins cuz I’m sure some backdoor communication has occurred with Cousins camp.

Also, I have a feeling that Macc has a trade in place to move up, but doesn’t want to show his hand until he has to.  This is like the calm b4 the storm - Gut feeling is Macc is about to shock the world!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

They can communicate and even agree to terms, but they aren't allowed to make any announcements until the new league year begins. 

Then how do you explain all of these deals that players have agreed to that’s being announced.  As I understand it deals can be agreed upon and announced right now, but they can’t be signed and won’t be official until the new league begins on Wednesday 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Deep class for running backs so let’s sign free agents instead. It never ever changes. Crowell and Mckinnon with this class would be a total Jets move. 

You do realize Macc is probably anticipating losing both 2nd RD picks to move up, so all these good RB’s will be gone by later rounds

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

As odd as it sounds the Giants trading out of 2 and the Bills giving up everything might be the best option for us. Makes the 3rd pick between the Jets and Broncos. Or the Jets and Broncos can sit pat and take the next 2 QBs. 

Browns - Darnold

Bills - Allen

Colts - Chubb

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield/Rosen

Jets - Mayfield/Rosen

this would be my ideal scenario because I think the Colts want Chubb and the Browns want Barkley. I would bet the price to move to 3 or 4 would be a 2nd round pick because the Broncos and Jets may be fine with either of those 2 options. I don't foresee another team jumping us.

I agree with you, that would be an ideal scenario, but there are 2 teams out there who may try to move up ahead of the Jets.  Phins and Cards are looking for QB’s and don’t underestimate Tannenbaum’s aggressiveness to make a splash.

The key to the draft will be what the Giants do.  Darnold will go #1, if the Giants go Barkley, that’s good for us, but if they take Rosen which is a strong possibility, then we have to move up to #3 to get Mayfield cuz he won’t make it to #6.  Now, if the Bills trade up to #2 like you stated for Allen, then I like our chances at #6.  But beware of Tannenbaum

Just now, peebag said:

Tyler Effert is still available, right?

No, he resigned with the Bengals

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company