joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Mike Evans just got a stupid amount of money for a guy who can’t catch.

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“I was gonna take that 37 million dollars per year deal from the Jets, but it was 34 degrees and partially cloudy.”

Hell that's chamber of commerce weather for North Jersey.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is anyone else kind of excited? Not excited in the “yayyyyy, good things are gonna happen” kind of way, but moreso in the sense that this is Maccagnan’s and Bowles’ Last Stand? They’re all out of excuses; they have the money, the draft picks, and the clean slate, and everything in the refrigerator is going to have their initials on it. And, if you’re a Jigsaw-style sadist like me, it’s also kinda cool that this free agent class sucks except for two or three veterans that are already tabbed to go to other teams, and their first draft pick is juuuuuuuuuuuust on the periphery of guaranteeing them one of the top three QBs? It’s cool, not because the scenario is slightly tilted away from them and we’ll likely get to shop for a shiny, new regime within two years, but because the scenario is set up in such a way that they do realistically have a chance to save their careers. There will be no excuses for either of them moving forward, which is kinda unique and refreshing.

I'm still feeling they go defense round 1, hedge on QB in later rounds and sign either Mccown, Bradford or Keenum. They will most likely have a built in excuse with the 3 QB's being off the board before they pick.

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

It’s not pure crap. How fast do you think a rebuild takes? 1-2 years? I listed in another thread several GMs that took 4-5 years to reach the playoffs once they started. And that was with some even finding their QB earlier on. 

You dont rebuild by taking defensive tackles and strong safeties at 6 overall.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Rams GM took a DT, 5’9 WR, and huge bust at tackle at #2 with his first 3 first round picks. And yet here Les Snead is looking alright today. 

There’s no perfect path. But it does take time and little luck. And as much as you wanna hate the positions, they’re still good players. 

Aaron Donald has the measureables of a running back.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s gross. No question about it. 

#st8ykirk

• Like 1

Arizona wouldnt shock me for Cousins and then the Vikes recommit to Bradford. 

Back to back safeties. Drafts have consequences.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Chubb’s 3 cone time should eliminate him for consideration at 6. If all the QB’s are gone or we sign Cousins or Bowles says no QB at 6(the most likely) at least draft Landry. The corner from Ohio St would be my second choice even though I wouldn’t like it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

If they bring in both theyre not going QB at 6 or moving up.

Just now, T0mShane said:

They wouldn’t even think about it. 

I knew this was going to happen. Bowles is the worst.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

dude.

if they miss on Cousins they are re-signing McCown and drafting a QB at 6 or moving up.  That is an acceptable solution.

If Macc only signs McCown and Teddy and ignores QB in the 1st round he will not last the year.  He knows this.

Why would this year be any different than last? He ignored the position last year and got an extension.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

@Matt39 as well

all I meant was that he has fully rehabbed his injury.  knock off the rust and see if he can beat out our rookie QB next year.  I hope he does so we dont rush our pick onto the field.

Who knows. He wasnt great prior to the injury aand the injury was as bad as it gets. If they bring back Mccown and sign Teddy I'm out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is scary is that the two alternatives are:

Bowles/Maccagnan spend every nickel to put together a team that can win some games (the 2015 plan); or

Bowles/Maccagnan are assured they will be able to return in 2019 and continue the rebuild (It only started in 2017!?)

I guess there is a third opportunity, the tell them they are guaranteed to come back and then can them anyway (the 2014 plan) 

I think its #2, with the same exact strategy as last season. Todd's favorite defensive player at 6, sign veteran QB's (Mccown/Bridgewater) and scrap together 4-6 wins. Woody being overseas changes things. Opportunity 3 isnt as likely with him gone, imo.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

what draft pick.

Mccown - Bridge - Hack.  That is your depth chart.

Bowles outright refusing to commit to a rookie is a real thing. This is embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

Deep class for running backs so let’s sign free agents instead. It never ever changes. Crowell and Mckinnon with this class would be a total Jets move. 

• Post of the Week 1

Signing mediocre McKinnon just means we won’t draft a back...again. This franchise is hopeless.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoop24 said:

That’s not bad at to be honest both back are in the prime and would compliment each other very well .

Neither are very good or match the upside of the top backs in this class. It’s a typical Jets pussy move so they can focus on Bowles’ defense in the draft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

There is a blatantly obvious reason for that. We are trading up and we need our high picks to be freed up.

Spoiler alert:

were not trading up

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

They barely practice in pads in the preseason anymore. The 3-way QB camp battle is a thing of the past. McCowns already been named starter. They are piecing together a team that’s going to try and make the playoffs with Todd’s favorite defensive player at 6. No different than last year or the year before that and the year before that. It’s a year to year “strategy”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think Teddy was just precautionary measures given the amount of money dedicated on the one year deal.

Precautionary of what? This was the year it was non-negotiable the Jets took a QB in round 1 and started him from day 1. 

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This Trumaine Johnson deal scares me.  It is big money and we are basically locked for 3.  He is an older (28) dude, this is the first time he is getting paid and he is coming off a bit of a down season.  I like the guy, but this is a big signing, not an under the radar deal.  I hope they did their homework. 

Older player with poor mreasureables coming out to boot. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This site has become 100% polarized.

-One side mostly loves every move made

-One side mostly hates every move made

Very interesting to watch it unfold. It is also a reason why I do not trust many of the opinions shared on this  site. It would make an interesting psychological study.

Bust as far as football commentary, I just really come here for news any more. That makes me a little sad. It did not used to be  like that.

Everything hinges on QB at 6 or higher. If they go corner or guard, this offseason was a total waste. QB in round one is non negotiable and should be for everyone imo.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times (Albright and somewhere else) that Saquon probably doesn’t go as high as people think. 

The Giants have turned into star humpers, so I think he goes there. The Giant organization and fanbase is still convinced they can squeeze another SB out of Eli and company.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Unless you believe that everyone getting fired next year is the best possible result. 

Do we have anyone to fire them?

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

There's a faction of all northeast fanbases that wear white linemen's jerseys with pride.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That could not be more staged.

I like how this Robinson dude says he had to "duck security." Like he was just stopping by a local starbucks and stumbled upon Kaepernick practicing. What are the odds that a senior NFL reporter happened upon this event. 

Yeah that tweet is pretty cringey

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company