joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why would the Jets pay that contract when they don’t have any big talent and a three year window?

I thought you took a laissez faire approach to salary cap. Why sweat it? Cap economics mean nothing

Just now, T0mShane said:

I can’t believe the Hackenberg Camp is Pro-Cousins now. Seems like a contradiction.

Never said that. Again, why are you even worried about what anyone spends? Or, was that a ruse statement?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Who was talking about the cap?

Wait, so what a GM spends in free agency has no implications on the cap? Please explain.

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you're judging the jets off-season on March 10th before free agency even starts? Sounds about right for this board. 

Who gives a crap if the browns have a better QB than the Jets today? The bills has Taylor last year and decided to bench him for a garbage rookie. That's how much they think of him as a franchise QB. I'd rather have any one of keenum, Bradford, mccarron or Bridgewater. And I'd even rather have mccown.

Pretty much the state of things. Some real tortured souls on this site, and they love to do it to themselves.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The dichotomy is that you don’t appear to possess a frontal lobe yet you seem to be able to manipulate a smart phone.

Well, that is a subtle personal attack.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup, that’s what you’re doing, alright.

I read UWf's posts, and then I read Shane's. It is always a 1-1. It makes me feel balanced.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let me break it down for you Joe Willy.

The anchor babe says, “Tell me how you sell the Jets to potential free agents.” She throws it over to some jackoff who is clearly unprepared and he says, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jamal Adams...” then his eyes roll into the back of his skull and his neck tilts to the side like a dude who just bet the pot on a pair of twos, and he continues on, “ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh uhhhh Marcus Maye ahhhhhhhhh” and he starts to think about the loans he took out to go to J-school and how he doesn’t want to lose this sweet NFLN gig even though it’s in the daytime and nobody watches, but there are a thousand hot chicks graduating from USC’s theater program this spring who want to steal his job, so he goes “Leonard Williams..........so much uh young talent uhhhhhhhh” and there’s a producer in his ear piece saying “stretch, stretch” so he has to fill another thirty seconds and he goes, “ahhhhh the most talented ahhhhhh young defense in the league” and then he closes his eyes and hopes the segment gets cut in post-production but then, alas, the sh*t is on YouTube and he’s about to be a laughing stock in his own household.

You think that live shows have post production? huh?

He was clearly riffing and caught off guard

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Great post. I’ve been saying allllllll offseason that everybody has cap space if they want it, and that half the league is starting out with $30+. 

Except for getting your facts wrong, you have been saying it. But really, what is $20m in terms of being wrong? :)

Just now, T0mShane said:

My facts are never wrong. I am the master of facts.

Search function is relatively easy to use here.

• Haha 1

Just now, JiF said:

The Jets could have paid more...which is why all FA's wanted to sign here.  

Just entering this debate here, did the Jets talk to him, or want to talk with him?

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

I never heard a whisper of the Jets being interested in Norwell.   

Which greatly concerns me.  Because sitting with an extra $14MM in unused cap room while Norwell is blasting open lanes for Fournette to run through is going to make me feel really good.   

When Pacrcells signed Mawae, there was a vast majority fans that were like "who"?

Agreed, but I don’t think either Maccagnan nor Bowles have ever wanted any part of drafting a QB at six regardless, even before signing Teddy. Even if only superficially, yesterday’s signings give them the cover they need to go in a different direction. 

Why did they bother talking to the qbs then?

Every team talks to the QBs. The Patriots talk to the QBs. The Steelers are working out Lamar. 

Your mind is a scary place. It presupposes irrational thought to feed its own delusion that fit its own construct. 

Much the way that I read serial killers operate. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Serial killers typically possess above-average intelligence and are able to sublimate emotion toward more gratifying, practical ends. So, yes.

Afraid to ask, but what are your gratifying, practical ends? Message board hero? ;)

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To cause Scott Dierking to sit at his desk seething with apoplectic rage in response to my sick internet burns.

Gave up a desk job months ago. Retired now, homey.

This site has become 100% polarized.

-One side mostly loves every move made

-One side mostly hates every move made

Very interesting to watch it unfold. It is also a reason why I do not trust many of the opinions shared on this  site. It would make an interesting psychological study.

Bust as far as football commentary, I just really come here for news any more. That makes me a little sad. It did not used to be  like that.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Quincy Enunwa in the sixth is a better draft pick than anything Macc has done in terms of value. Fight me. 

Robby did not cost a draft pick.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Giants were one of the few teams that were considering signing Kaepernick. Mara went on the record saying he would have signed him, but the pushback he received from his season ticket base made him reconsider. They’re not opposed to bringing in players with an opinion at all. 

I wonder why an NFL owner would say "they are not opposed to signing" Kap. Hmmmmmmm

According to ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan, USC's Sam Darnold is the only quarterback the Giants would take at the No. 2 overall pick.

It sounds like the Giants' scouting grades on Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, and Josh Allen simply aren't high enough for GM Dave Gettleman to consider picking one of the non-Darnold quarterbacks at No. 2. Gettleman has a history of drafting running backs high -- he took Christian McCaffrey eighth overall in Carolina last year -- and he never traded down in any round of the draft during four seasons as Panthers GM. Barring Gettleman disregarding his scouts or reversing course on his historical anti-trade-down stance, Penn State RB Saquon Barkley and NC State DE/OLB Bradley Chubb appear to be co-favorites to go at No. 2.
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company