FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Welcome to the Jets kid! Where all your dreams go to die. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I’ve said it before, poor Adams has no idea who drafted him...

As much as I hate to defend Wilkerson but all of the losing does impact players. Look at ShelRich who came into the league with much the same attitude of Adams...he won DROY for christsakes. These guys aren't used to losing at any level of football, they come in bright-eyed and then rack up the losses while seeing how players are basically treated like pieces of meat by owners. It's no wonder that they run into trouble and become disenfranchised. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't see it happening. Giants are either trying to win now (so they will go after Barkley/Chubb) or they are looking to build towards the future and will grab one of the QBs. Trading down to 12 makes no sense for a team that is never at the top of the draft. 

The Giants can also be in a win-now mode and get multiple first-round picks to shore up one of their many holes. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Sam BRadford got 20m from the Cardinals

Cool so there is a team that made an even worse decision than the Jets. Also, the Cards likely feel like they are a playoff team with a decent QB, the same can't be said about the Jets. Two wrongs don't make a right. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I might be but I could have sworn it was Johnson who gave up the 5th most yards in the league. 

Would really need to breakdown when those yards were given up though. The Rams were in extremely high scoring games last year. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those yards came in garbage time in a prevent defense but I honestly didn't watch many Rams games so couldn't tell you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets increased offer to Seferian-Jenkins, who's visiting Seahawks today

The Jets increased their offer to free agent TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins Tuesday night, according to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, who notes that it kept the Jets in the chase, but wasn't enough to head off today's visit with the Seahawks.

The original offer was $8 million for two years, with not much guaranteed.

Seattle is serious about signing Seferian-Jenkins after losing TE Jimmy Graham, a source told Vacchiano. 

According to the Tacoma News Tribune's Gregg Bell,  Seferian-Jenkins is "extremely interested" in playing for the Seahawks, who have just as much interest. He is from the Seattle area, and he recently returned home to workout there this week. He has also said he wants to "win big and win big at home."

He is looking for a short-term deal, so that he can hit free agency again before the age of 30. That could work with the Seahawks estimated $30 million in cap space. The Seahawks are also considering re-signing TE Luke Wilson, who was their No. 2 tight end last season.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-increased-offer-to-seferian-jenkins-whos-visiting-seahawks-today/268605846

I said it yesterday and will say, as soon as SEA lost Graham, ASJ to SEA is a lock. Doubt he leaves without a signed offer. No big loss though. 

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

So....why not just sign him?  lmfao  Dude, they literally traded for 2 registered psychopaths to replace Johnson.  My take, is spot on.  Like usual. 

Sorry but you're wrong. The Rams have been making moves to cut salary this offseason because they need space to sign Aaron Donald, you know the first DT to win NFL DPOY since 1999. They COULDN'T pay Johnson and then had to trade for Peters (who is still cheap on a rookie contract) so they wouldn't lose so much talent at CB. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

INT. A shadowy mountain lair. An enormous room with vaulted ceilings. The floor is littered with Starbucks cups. Filling one wall is a large fireplace containing a raging blaze. An armchair faces it. Pan to reveal MIKE MACCAGNAN draped in a hooded cloak. His face is nearly invisible within the hood. He stares vacantly into the flames. His eyes are like mirrors, reflecting the flames but revealing nothing within.

BRIAN HEIMERDINGER enters the room quietly, so as not to disturb him. He silently moves across the cavernous space until he stands behind the chair. Though he has made no sound, MACCAGNAN seems to sense his presence.

MACCAGNAN: Brian.

HEIMERDINGER: Sir, Austin-Sefarian Jenkins has refused our latest offer.

MACCAGNAN sighs deeply and closes his eyes. Though his physical position has not changed, he appears smaller, meeker, diminished somehow, as if the news were a heavy load placed upon his back. He opens his eyes. They are the eyes of a man much older than his years.

MACCAGNAN: I knew this day would come.

Silence descends over the room. It goes on--thirty seconds, sixty, ninety. Whole minutes pass. It grows awkward, then uncomfortable, then agonizing. The space seems to shrink around them. Finally, HEIMERDINGER, swallowing hard, speaks.

HEIMERDINGER: Sir, we need a decision.

MACCAGNAN sighs deeply and closes his eyes once more. When he opens them, they are filled with a strange combination of sorrow and purpose, as though he had come to a fateful decision not entirely of his own making. His voice, when it comes, is barely audible over the crackle of the flames.

MACCAGNAN: Release the cupcakes.

I was really hoping that a framed "Executive of the Year - 2015" would be in there somewhere but still BRAVO!

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

31 mil in cap space, brah.  They could afford both.  Easily. 

C'mon dog. You are using their current number which obviously doesn't include Johnson. Add him in and the fact they need to re-up Donald's contract and what would they have left? 

7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I probably need to be walked through this. That still comes up short on Norwell’s salary alone IIRC. 

He is saying that if you add the $10M to the offers that they signed for then they may have chosen the Jets instead. The extra $3M per player may have made a difference. 

• Upvote 1