joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

13 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Cousins has been a starting QB for three years, it won’t be his first snap. 

SenorWhofans over here

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If only there was a team entirely out of contention who would pay Kirk Cousins gratuitously over his value and then tack on an additional twenty million dollars, but only to appease the union hawks?

RICH CIMINI: Kirk, you were the most sought-after free agent on the market this offseason. What made you choose the Jets?

COUSINS: This one’s for the teachers in West Virginia.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why does Maccagnan always look like someone just walked in on him taking a dump

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Pac said:

because he can't impact a game and stuff..  only Qb's, Rb's, WRs, Edge Rushers, and Left Tackles can.

I like that Pac is so deep in the tank for Maccagnan that he has to act like all positions are the same, purely because that entails significantly less cognitive strain than just admitting Maccagnan hasn’t been able to find a single long-term solution at any of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
The #Jets haven’t budged from their 2-year, $8m offer to Austin Seferian-Jenkins, which was put on the table before season ended. Still interest on both sides to get something done, but sounds like he’ll hit free agency. Risky move for NYJ. Seferian-Jenkins will be coveted.

The only risk is that he takes our offer.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah who needs logic and optimism when you can just whine like a b-tch for months on end and celebrate if/when top FA's don't come to "our" team.

“our” team

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

Nothing on the Jets front. 

This doesn't mean much. The one thing this group has actually done right is keep the building buttoned up in terms of leaks.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Now you are on the defensive in attack stance and incorrect to boot.  I never said I expected anything from UFA.  I'm just amazed that some posters here pull out their finest versions of extreme negativity on days like this.  It speaks volumes.  They save their most pointed negativism for days when the rest of the fan base is hopeful.  Fantastic trollism, if you ask me.  

If it makes you feel better, listening to you guys twist yourselves into knots to justify every dumbass thing this franchise does is no picnic either.

• Like 2

Just now, Dcat said:

"you guys"? Wrong  I don't do that.  Ever.  So I'm not in your "you guys" category.  Interesting that you go on the attack when you weren't even singled out.  I guess everyone knows that you don't need to be singled out, sitting at or near the top of that totem pole.  I'll grant you this:  you don't wait for big days like this to unleash it.  Yours is perpetual.  Points for consistency at least.

Thanks, Dcat

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

ESPN Jets plan to land a QB .........................then they mention Josh McCown

Joe: thanks for this update

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So NFL Network's morning show called us the "best young defensive core" in the league.

Just another example of the national press really loving this team.

New York JetsVerified account @nyjets

“This might be the best young defensive core in the league.” Thanks for the love, @gmfb 👊

Which one said this, Kathie Lee or Hoda?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Pac said:

If he wants to come we’ll show him why the team didn’t go 0-16 like everyone thought we’d be last year.

QuincyWhofans

12 minutes ago, gEYno said:

From a guy with almost 16K posts on a Jets message board in just over three years, this rings about as hollow as all the rest of your nonsense.

I like how the message all offseason has been “the arrows pointing up folk’s” and then the second Maccagnan starts pissing free agency down his leg like any halfway intelligent person knew he would, it turns into “who even cares, were all gonna die”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Who knows with Elway. But can we please stop talking about him as a good GM? He took a QB in the first round 2 years ago, he's barely played and now they're looking for a QB again and signing Keenum. Signing Peyton can only carry him for so long.

They’ve been to two Super Bowls.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Yes because Peyton Manning decided to go there. Manning built that team. But not gonna get all into that. Elways seat should be hot. 

You’re at a website where people laud a GM whose greatest achievement is building such an ungodly sh*theap of a roster that we lead the league in cap space entering his fourth year.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I was the Vikings and I just made a run like that with Case Keenum, I’d politely tell Kirk to **** off, make a big show of it, then have Spielman cook up extensions for five or six of the best dudes on the roster instead. It’d be a great Hoosiers-style “my team is on the floor” moment. 

T0mSimmons

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

just when I thought you turned a logic corner you're back to this tripe..

It looked like Tom had turned a logic corner, but in reality he was just backing his brain car into an irrational k-turn so he could make that big wide left onto Bias Blvd. and ride it all the way to SOJFsville

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Chubb’s 3 cone time should eliminate him for consideration at 6. If all the QB’s are gone or we sign Cousins or Bowles says no QB at 6(the most likely) at least draft Landry. The corner from Ohio St would be my second choice even though I wouldn’t like it.

If I had to bet, I’d say Chubb is the likeliest choice, because of course he is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rex Tillerson was released this morning.  

He's reportedly happy to be removed from such a dysfunctional organization and is looking forward to a fresh start.

Get on the horn Bigg Macc

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Now of the the FAs that have signed were expected to go to the Jets, except Richburg, so people are panicking for weird reasons.

What the Jets are going to do is spread the money out and fill as many holes as they can

Missing out on all the best FAs is the best thing that could have happened to the Jets, tbqh

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

If it goes any other way I may request a wolf pack starter kit.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which makes sense too. Jets fans want the quick fix. It ain't coming

That's fine. The problem is that the long-term fix ain't coming either.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No he didn't. Idzik got crucified for ******* the draft

[clears throat so loudly I choke on my own spit and pass out]

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At least they named him the starter AFTER they signed him

Progress babey

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Pro Football Focus has Johnson allowing just one touchdown in 932 snaps in 2017. He had two interceptions and defended nine others. Opposing quarterbacks had a 79.8 passer rating when throwing his way in 2017, according to PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

TRUMAINE JOHNSON

Johnson has all the traits of an elite corner, and the fact that he was franchised twice already might suggest he is one, but nothing in our grading agrees with that evaluation. In fact, it can be argued that Johnson was the weak link in the Rams’ secondary at times last year. He gave up at least 79 yards in four separate games and his 759 yards allowed were fifth-most among all corners. He’s a solid starter, but is not worth near what he got paid the past two seasons.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

PFF gave him a grade of 74 https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/trumaine-johnson/7067

PFF gave Claiborne a grade of 48  https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/morris-claiborne/7012

Justin Burris was graded at 38 by PFF

If you add our two starting CBs,  you get Johnson. That's how much better he was than the players we had last year. He's a huge improvement. We overpaid for sure, but we had the cap space to do so. 

This post is the reason the Jets will never win a Super Bowl.

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets increased offer to Seferian-Jenkins

Dumbest ******* team in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I was really hoping that a framed "Executive of the Year - 2015" would be in there somewhere but still BRAVO!

Damn it. I will never forgive myself for missing that.

Just now, T0mShane said:

They tendered Rontez and now this, meaning the Jets have locked up four safeties. 

Only seven left to go.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, let’s at least check in on nu-media hot takes while we wait...

8163A0CA-C7B3-4484-8B2D-F2B441E17FE3.png

Congratulations to AFJF on his new position as Jets beat writer at The Athletic Dot Com

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

All these guys are anti-Jets. 

Get em, Joe

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company