joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

FA doesn’t start until March 14th

Davis was released by the Colts back in November, that’s why he’s free to sign elsewhere now.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Talib comes with a hefty tag though, so your comparison is invalid

Not to mention he’s 32

Why the hell anyone would want the Jets to go after these aging stars when they just spent an offseason shedding these kinds of players to field the youngest roster in the league is beyond me.

Cousins at 29 is literally the oldest guy that the Jets should try to bring in.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Some of you guys are batsh*t if you think that bringing in Tyrod Taylor means the Browns aren’t taking a QB in the Top 4.

Then again, that would be just about the Brownsiest sh*t ever.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, faba said:

I woulkd still expect Cleveland to take a QB with either of there  1 or 4 picks

Of course they will

How the hell can you sell the fanbase on anything else?

”Listen guys, I know we passed on Wentz 2 years ago and passed not once but twice on Watson last year and now we’re passing on Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield but hey...Tyrod, baby!”

Once again...good QB’s get paid an assload of money. I’m not sure why so many are struggling with this concept. Doesn’t matter if they aren’t Brady or Rodgers.

San Fran just gave Garoppolo a $140 million deal after 7 career starts.

34 year old, gamemanager supreme Alex Smith is essentially making $25 million a year.

If you guys think the numbers being thrown around for Cousins are batsh*t crazy, just wait till you see what lesser QB’s like Winston and Mariota get within the next year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Weeeak, but congrats to them? That safety is the only major player they have under contract past 2019. 

Again - insist until kingdom come otherwise - the Vikings are irrelavant by 2019 unless they get all of Cousins, Hunter, Barr, and at least one of Rudolph/Diggs to sign cheap. 

Don’t forget Eric Kendricks

Next to Kuechly, he might be the best MLB in the league right now and is the heart and soul of Minnesota’s front seven.

That’s another $10+ million a year contract they’re going to have to dish out within the next year.

Jets are going to pick up Robinson, Richburg and a mid-tier CB right out of the gate and then Cousins signs by Wednesday.

I can feel it in my bone

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Can someone tell me why we would be interested in Dion Lewis??

I think he’s good but do we really need a better version of Powell? We already have the original as well as the poor mans version with McGuire. Don’t think we need the trifecta. 

Only way it really makes sense to me is if the Jets move on from Powell.

If the Jets trade Powell for a late round pick or outright release him, I wouldn’t mind bringing in Lewis at all and drafting more of a power back like Chubb.

Lewis, Chubb and McGuire has the potential to be a really nice backfield. Especially if guys like Cousins and Robinson are added to the mix and we improve the OL a bit.

4 minutes ago, King P said:

I thought it didn't start until 4:pm tomorrow?

Noon tomorrow from what I understand.

Actual FA starts 4 PM Wednesday 

Like basically everyone, I’m not really familiar with Mayowa, but this FA class for passrushers is dogsh*t with Lawrence and Ansah being franchised.

The top FA passrusher is probably Trent Murphy and he just tore up his knee.

Ealy made a bit of an impact last year in terms of getting his hands on some balls (giggity), but couldn’t consistently get pressure on the QB.

Mayowa seems like more of a speed rusher just based on his size. 

And when guys like Lawrence, Gregory, Irvin, etc were missing time in 2016, Mayowa put up 6 sacks.

I don’t think it would be a terrible, low budget signing. Jets should still draft a passrusher within the first 2 rounds though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Doesn't it start March 14th?

Players can’t officially sign with teams until Wednesday. They can agree to terms starting today at noon.

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

ESPN at Florham Park and this is what they said. 

ESPN is stupid

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Local reporter that covers the Vikings

So an agent for what is probably a notable Vikings player doesn’t want Kirk eating into a larger slice of the pie for him and his client up for a new contract?

Crazy, that.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This little a-hole knows something we don’t, again. 

“...” with an excited .gif

4B4CB1FF-397C-43A5-A494-420DA43D9CDA.jpeg

There’s also some local Vikings reporter saying that the Jets are basically going to make Cousins an offer he can’t refuse and the Vikings have backed away a bit.

Supposedly the Jets are offering 4 years, fully guaranteed with $40+ million in the first year.

Don’t know if there’s really anything to it, but whatever, it’s been a slow day.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Considering our cap situation this year and Macc's penchant for shopping at the dollar store, there is really no harm in giving Cousins 40 million year 1. 

I’m all for it

Hell, the 49ers are essentially doing the same thing with Garoppolo in the first year of his deal and he doesn’t have close to the body of work that Cousins does.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, I don’t want to be “fake news bro” guy, but that dude doesn’t seem to be, uh, too plugged in:

I think it’s obvious that that’s just a completely goofy dream scenario.

This may be totally bogus for all I know. I take all of these FA reports with a huge grain of salt unless someone like Schefter is reporting it.

But it wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Eveything that has transpired with the Jets over the last 2-3 months has dictated that they’re going completely all-in on Cousins. 

Finishing 5-11 and outside the Top 5, the promotion of Bates to OC and bringing in Dennison, sitting on a metric sh*t ton of cash, Macc and Bowles knowing that they’re out on their asses within 9 months if they don’t find a legit solution behind center, etc.

In the end, money talks and the Jets can offer more than anyone.

No one in their right mind is turning down an extra $8-10 million a year to go play for a team that is deemed more of an immediate “contender”. The landscape in the NFL shifts constantly from year to year outside of a handful of exceptions like New England and Pittsburgh. By all accounts Kirk is an aware, intelligent guy. Surely he realizes this.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Two thoughts:

1. Yes, anyone would go work in a sh*tty environment if it included $8-$9 mil more than the next available opportunity.

2. It’s very Jetty to attempt to beat the next available offer by $8-$9 mil for a quarterback that was just cast out by the Redskins and found himself with only two suitors in a league where people would give up their mother for a decent passer.

That’s the thing though, I don’t think the Jets are in nearly as sh*tty of shape as many seem to.

Even if the Jets give Cousins $40 million in his first year, that still leaves basically an extra $50 million to add a couple of extra pieces and sign our draft picks. And we’d still have the 6th overall pick and two additional picks in the Top 50 alone.

Macc can turn this whole thing around overnight if he plays his cards right.

Now, if you’re skeptical about him being able to play his cards right, well that’s certainly understandable. 

As for the move by the Redskins...well, Dan Snyder is a completely incompetent dickhole. He’s proven it for going on 20 years. From giving a fat, notoriously lazy interior DL like Haynesworth a $100 million contract, the Adam Archuleta deal, all the way through letting a Top 10 QB like Cousins walk and replacing him with 34 year old gamemanager supreme Alex Smith while surrendering a 3rd round pick and their best young DB in order to do so.

They’re even dumber than us over there.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald, and David Johnson, explain to me how that puts them in the same boat as the Jets?

I’ll give you Johnson, but Fitz has been flirting with retirement for the last 3 offseasons and 2018 is virtually guaranteed to be his last hurrah.

Just now, Pac said:

Rex Tillerson was released this morning.  

He's reportedly happy to be removed from such a dysfunctional organization and is looking forward to a fresh start.

Can we please keep politics out of here?

• Post of the Week 1

Jensen/Long, Butler, Johnson, Honey Badger, P. Richardson, Williamson, Bridgewater...

We better here about at least 2 of these guys being signed by the end of the day or so God help me...

Just now, Scoop24 said:

I’m with man bring home Sheldon . Atleast me enjoy having my Quality 3-4 DE’s back .  Offense gonna be super trash again 

I want Paul Richardson, not Sheldon.

But f*ck it, might as well bring back Sheldon, too.

Well, get ready for non-stop, nerve wracking bullsh*t for the next 6 weeks.

I’ll have a head full of grey by April 26th.

Hopefully everyone calms down when we give Benson Mayowa a 4 year, $30 million deal.

No f*cking excuse why we don’t walk away with Jensen/Long and one of the top CB’s by the end of the day.

None

• Like 1

What’s going on with Tyler Eifert?

I’d rather give him an incentive laden deal over bringing back ASJ anyway.

When the dude is healthy, you could make the argument that only Gronk and Kelce are better at the position.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He signed with Cleveland 

You’ve gotta quit relying on these dudes with like 100 followers on twitter, man.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

That’s fantastic when you look at what a guy like McKinnon received.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company