joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine if the first 4 picks are Darnold,Rosen,Mayfield and Allen :o

p.s cant wait for the Jake Fromm threads to start! 

My worst nightmare ! :(

On 3/1/2018 at 2:02 PM, Bleedin Green said:

Upon a quick check, the TEs currently due $7M+ in 2018?  Gronk, Ertz, Reed, Ebron, Kelce.  Ebron is the only outlier there, and that number is because he's on his 5th year option.  Give me an f'n break if ASJ thinks he deserves anywhere close to the rest of those guys.

Well ASJ is certainly NOT in that class.

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Crabtree and Landry are very similar.... strong hands and fight for the ball. He'd be someone I wouldn't mind seeing opposite Anderson, with Enunwa in the slot.

Lynch could earn as much as $8 mil. He's 32 and has always had "an attitude"  question. Article in the LV Review Journal mentioned the the Raiders were "uncomfortable" with his salary. Can't say that I blame them.

Kurt Coleman S 30 formally with the Panthers has agreed to a 3yr. $18 mil from the Saints. Saints must know they are losing Kenny Vaccaro in FA.

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for trevor siemian pics

SIGN THIS BEAST !

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mac actually tried to trade draft picks for him last year

Thank God that fell thru. lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

And people here actually want Macc to go qb at 6

My "best case" would be for us to already have a FA QB signed going into the draft.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bradford is done

Agreed

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

How is anyone even still mentioning this guy?  Why not talk Favre out of retirement 

I wonder how Bridgewaters recovery is going.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm not trolling. I'm illustrating a gaping dichotomy that keeps coming up over and over.

dichotomy ?

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

And we were mentioned first that has to mean something right guys?

By all means.  ;)

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

It always amazes me how so many people here (not only you) just love to unleash the negativity at their best on the morning of big days like the draft or beginning of free agency.  It's like the NFL calendar is a schedule by which SOJF on this board like to spew.  It's as predictable as Old Faithful. 

Love the haters   :hump:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hawk said:

Nah, 3 years is good for both sides.  Options to extend if he is doing well, and an out if he isnt.  For him, if hes doing well he could be the highest paid again in 3 years, and im sure there will be a no tag clause.

Then he can get another HUGE payday...... or not.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That might be the strangest analogy ever. Assholes \ Choice. Paging Dr Freud.

It might be strange but it's a well used classic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

There was a rumor about the Bills trading Glenn, 21, 22, and I think a 2019 1st to get up to number 2. 

That's a HUGE payment but they must feel, if it's true, it's worth it. One think I do like about the Bills....they ARE aggressive.

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

IMO anybody who thinks Drew Brees is leaving NO is insane. He is a god there

Indeed. I'm shocked he hasn't been resigned. That team, with him, can win it all next year. I thought a deal would have been done by mid February at the latest.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Damn, they are going hard at this.  Suddenly, they can offer more than the Jets.

Like I said ....they ARE aggressive. Didn't really give up any draft ammo to do it.

59 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Worst thing is that people will continue to whine about tanking when none of these QBs were worth tanking for in the first place. None of these QBs are Andrew Luck

YOU don't know. At this point NOBODY knows. 

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Well, the Jets sucking every year does cause all of us to die a little each year.

Wouldn't we die a little each year even if the Jets were decent ?  ;)

13 minutes ago, TopCop said:

Macc has to know right now if Cousins is coming

If I were the Jets I'd want to know SOON from Cousins so we can go to plan B if we have to. I would hope by Thursday night he'd announce SOMETHING.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm so torn on Cousins. I'd love to get him but I really hope Macc doesn't budge on a 5 year deal. If it's anything shorter than a 5 year deal I'd prefer a rookie. There is just so much excitement that comes with a rookie QB. I kinda hope he goes to Denver/Minnesota just so we have a reason get one.

I hear what your saying and know how you feel . I'm excited about getting one of the top 4 QB's in the draft. Any of them. If we had the 3rd or 4th pick I wouldn't cre about Cousins as much. But we don't. Ideally I'd like us to have a viable FA QB signed BEFORE the draft. I DON'T want to give up extra picks just to move up a few spots to guarantee a top 4 QB in the draft. 

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Is this true? I missed this.

YUP

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Ryan Jensen is really ugly and I want no part of him being on this football team

:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just about my last choice of bridge Qb for the the Jets and of course that is who we go after. 

Was there ever any doubt ?

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Lmao...Bridgewater’s played only a handful of snaps in the past two years coming off a horrific knee injury....that’s our ‘plan’? I’d rather have McCarron or Foles.

Can’t wait for the announcement of the terms...we’ll probably shell out $10 mil/yr.

Only the NYJ.

Agreed, McCarron is at least healthy.

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Hell yes it does. This is a bargain compared to that

I'm with you. I'll take McCown for $10 mil all over Bradford for $20. Cards are so entralled with Bradford they're planning on signing. Mike Glennon as well. lol

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Appreciate the vote of confidence in my sanity, but the logic you put forth here is the exact logic I used to justify bringing back McCown.  

Drafting both has my spider-senses going off.  I might be paranoid and you might have it right.  But signing two of them... you know... it just doesn't seem necessary... I'm trying to understand it.  I will reserve judgment on those two until the draft happens.  

It's call INSURANCE .

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, let’s spend more money on defensive backs. It’s a huge weakness.

CB still is.

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Now we know why the Jets went with Long

:jawdrop:

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ebron and Hankins would be nice.

Yes either one would add depth at least and we have the $$.  Hankins is visiting Washington today.

22 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

agreed, but that deal was only a couple of million more than what we can cut Skrine.  Sounds to me like the Jets made the decision that Skrine was better than HB.  that worries me  

Don't worry. I think, like Cousins, he just chose the Texans because they give him a better chance of winning. Once he was cut he said he's take less monet to go to a team that could be a contender. With Watson and JJ back he felt the Texans were a better team right now.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if Macc would undo the Bridgewater signing (if he could) in light of the trade to #3.   It wouldn't be McCown because we need someone to start in case the rookie QB isn't ready and it would be crazy to rely on Bridgewater at the moment.  (I'm not saying he won't possibly be good, just that we can't count on him due to the injury).

I doubt it. Low risk high reward signing.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company