joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The point isn't whether individual posters like these guys, it's that we cleared 90 million in cap space and if we don't get Cousins and a really good o lineman this team is doomed to another bad year. 

Settling on other teams#3 Wr rejects, mccown, center with a concussion problem is a disaster of an off-season for a team with 90 million in cap space.

If we do get cousins, all will be good but macc better get it done.

TYPICAL LOSER SOJF MENTALITY.  SAD.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Take some uppers and stop giving a crap

From a guy with almost 16K posts on a Jets message board in just over three years, this rings about as hollow as all the rest of your nonsense.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Relax Gyno. 

^^^^ SOJF ALERT ^^^^

• Confused 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Only 18m per not bad 

Definitely keeps QB in play at 5.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

All of it means nothing. Are you going to die in the next few years?

5000+ posts per year... But, it doesn't matter.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sully80 said:

16K posts on a Jets forum trying to tell me there are bigger things in life

In 3 years.  It's exceptionally unlikely that there's a higher post/day person on this board then him.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You know the difference between a skilled troll and an unskilled one? The skilled one is not even recognized as a troll!

You're giving him way too much credit.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I'm hoping we don't sign him.  Though I wouldn't be pissed.  Would just prefer not to.

I'd think if they were really trying to lure Cousins they would've gotten one of the better WRs.

My feelings on Cousins are mixed as well.  That said, I tend to agree that by not making a big move at WR, we're not doing anything to make this a more attractive destination for him.  Everyone's offering big money, so does Jermaine Kearse, maybe Enunwa, and Bukkake Anderson make sense for him?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

If Chubb is actually used as 3-4 OLB and can get to the QB so be it but I'm sick of "can't miss" guys "falling" to us. I know Adams and Williams are two of the better players on our team and they're high character guys but God they've done next to nothing. Adams had a pretty good rookie season but all anyone can talk about are Williams' PFF pressures, I just watched a guy who sacked the QB 2 times last year.

This year, I wouldn't be miserable if "can't miss" guys fell to us.  Only because I get the feeling this year, with trades and just who's up there, 4 QBs are going to go very early.

I'm lying of course, I'll be miserable because if that happens, it means that we're again not getting a QB.  But, unlike in past years, 4 QBs could easily go quickly, forcing some actual talent down.  Not just decent players who play unimportant positions.

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

The only positions where talent could fall to us that is a premium position in that scenario is really OLB. Nelson plays guard, Barkley I'm sure will be gone by 6, there really aren't any OT worth the 6th pick. I get what you're saying which is what makes signing Cousins attractive but I really don't want any position player at 6 not named Chubb or Barkley

If 4 QBs go in the top 5, we're guaranteed 1 of Chubb/Barkley.  That said, I see us losing out on Cousins, and Macc will have to decide if he has what it takes to make the deal with the Giants.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

On the upside, Mac hasn’t made one bad signing yet!

I actually don't have a problem with anything that's happened today.  Outside of not improving the OL, maybe.

What's problematic is the same thing that's been problematic for a while.  The Jets are in an OK, but not strong position to draft a QB, and Cousins probably isn't coming here.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I feel like we have a deal in place with the Colts.

Based on?  Hopes?  Gumdrops?  Rainbows?

1 minute ago, peebag said:

That right there is how ya post son!

Thank you, peebag.  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Chubb’s 3 cone time should eliminate him for consideration at 6. If all the QB’s are gone or we sign Cousins or Bowles says no QB at 6(the most likely) at least draft Landry. The corner from Ohio St would be my second choice even though I wouldn’t like it.

Because if there's one thing Macc has shown, it's that underwhelming athletic measurables are a deterrent come draft day.

• Upvote 2

Suck for Shea?

Collapse for Clayton?

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

header.png

It's not to late for the Ole' Reverse Antoine Winfield!

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

giphy.gif

Said this so long ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Well, guys, the good news is that we have a ton of cap space for the next regime to build around whoever we pick at #6 next season

We're probably going to pick higher than 6 next year.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

This is like watching the titanic sink, worse than Idzik tbh

No.

This would be like watching the Titanic sink if the Titanic were a row boat with a hole in it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wilkerson saying the Jets losing wore him out likely scared players away too. ******* fat  narcissistic bastard.

Yeah, this is all Wilkersons fault... rolls eyes.

Mac is Idzik, Idzik is Mac

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

And this will be the reason why the Jets should not part with next years 1st round pick in a trade up scenario.

So punt QB down the road once more?

3 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I'll tell you one thing, we are going to be significantly worse than the Browns this season

I said that 8 months ago...

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what else? I’d imagine these dudes aren’t overly enthused about coming to a team led by a mouthy 22 year-old safety who can’t play.

How anyone could get excited about the offseason that was to build on a slow strong safety at six is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I think its #2, with the same exact strategy as last season. Todd's favorite defensive player at 6, sign veteran QB's (Mccown/Bridgewater) and scrap together 4-6 wins.

170109-Opponent-1200x675-story-top.jpg

Adding McCown back into the fold, where are those 4-6 wins?

Just now, bla bla bla said:

It's not unreasonable to think we could sweep the bills and dolphins but let's say we split. I'd say the Bears and Titans could be wins. Jags and Colts could be a toss up. 4-6 wins seems like a fair total.

Jags are a toss up?  Did you see how the Jags finished the season?

Colts are a possibility based on what happens w/ Andrew Luck.

Bears, maybe.  Not sure what makes you think we can beat the Titans?

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yikes. Based on what these teams do in free agency & the draft, Vegas is gonna have the Jets picking #1 overall next year unless Luck has a setback. Game vs Colts will determine #1 overall pick. Bills might be there will us, we'll see. 

I'm sure the Bills have a plan.  They were in the playoffs last year, they'll get Bradford and maybe a rookie QB.  They're not going to be bottom 3.  Colts will be interesting, but if Luck is back, they'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Scary thing is that I look at this schedule and see plenty of wins. The division seems weak enough.  Jags, Pats, Packers and Vikings are tough enough games, but the rest?  Eh.

Sure, there are a lot of games that aren't definite losses.  But, do you think Vegas would make us the favorite in any of them?

We beat the Jags this year so I don't think it's crazy to think that is a possibility especially if we are a better roster. I don't think 4-6 wins is remotely outrageous.

We did beat the Jags, but it was early in the season, and if you look at how that game went, it looks super flukey, especially the not down by contact TD run.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Jamal... Jamal... What is confusing about a team who decided to use the 6th overall pick on a strong safety not getting better?

• Like 1

The NFL is fluky like that. I don't think we will be a worst team than this past year. I just don't see how adding more players doesn't net us a similar win total.

Of course, but there's not a team in the NFL, if that's the way you want to approach it, that you couldn't get to 4-5 wins.

How many games will the Jets be favored in Vegas?

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

How many games were we favored in this past year? We aren't really losing major pieces. I am pretty confident our CBs will be the same if not better. It's had to imagine getting worse then the 35th ranked center regardless of who plays there. ASJ IMO is a big loss but apparently people don't feel the same way so let's say we call that neutral. Davis is likely our biggest loss if he does leave.

I just can't see the roster being worse than last year. That isn't taking in an optimistic approach where Enunwa and Winters come back from injury. I'm not claiming 8-8 here, 4 wins is more than attainable.

We got perhaps Josh McCown's greatest/healthiest season on the way to our 5 wins.  Why is it you'd think that's replicable?  Didn't we see this movie w/ Fitz before?

Also, teams we beat are improving, we, at present, are not.  If the Bills start Nathan Peterman, I'll agree with you that we're in great shape there.

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Something a lot of folks said, when drafting an undersized ILB in the 1st round.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company