joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Good for him.  I don't even really have any interest in the Jets bringing him in, with the sole exception of them being 100% committed to getting a QB at the top of the draft, and maybe having some interest in him as a transition guy.  With that said, there's no reason the Bengals should have been able to hang onto him for an extra year.  I'm never typically a fan of player holdouts, but if the NFL started allowing teams to get away with crap like that, you couldn't reasonably expect players to respect it.  Here's hoping the same ends up being the case for Bridgewater.

• Upvote 3

Darkwa would be a solid committee guy on the cheap, which I couldn't really blame the Jets for looking into, given a combination of Powell's injury issues and McGuire's entire season coming down to pretty much one big game.  He certainly shouldn't be a lead back, and he shouldn't be all they look for at the position, but still decent insurance.

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

DRAFT AN IMPACT RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I'm certainly in favor of drafting a RB (although definitely not at #6), that doesn't make it a good idea to completely ignore the position in FA and paint yourself into a corner of having to plan the draft around that.  It's not as if Darkwa is going to have a big price tag and stop them from doing anything in the draft if they did bring him in.  Best case scenario is to avoid having massive holes on the roster entering the draft, no matter how badly you may still want to upgrade certain positions.  Of course it doesn't have to be him, but same general logic would apply for any mid-tier FA.

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

ASJ is looking for 7 million per year.

Screw him then.  You can do a hell of a lot better than him for that price.  I was fine bringing him back on a contract on the lower tier of starter contracts, and even then wanting there to be competition against him for the job, because he deserves to be handed absolutely nothing.  But for that much?  It's not even worth discussing, he's nowhere close to worth it.

• Upvote 4

Upon a quick check, the TEs currently due $7M+ in 2018?  Gronk, Ertz, Reed, Ebron, Kelce.  Ebron is the only outlier there, and that number is because he's on his 5th year option.  Give me an f'n break if ASJ thinks he deserves anywhere close to the rest of those guys.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Roger Goodell made almost $35 million in 2014 alone for helping the sport generate $13 billion in revenue, and that's just what they report considering citizens bought almost every team a stadium in the past 30 years. Just hoping to add some perspective in an offseason this board will get every opportunity to whine about the contracts players are signing.

Yeah, because there's nothing better than whining in advance about potential future whining.

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company