joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

ASJ is looking for 7 million per year.

For what? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Upon a quick check, the TEs currently due $7M+ in 2018?  Gronk, Ertz, Reed, Ebron, Kelce.  Ebron is the only outlier there, and that number is because he's on his 5th year option.  Give me an f'n break if ASJ thinks he deserves anywhere close to the rest of those guys.

That just makes this all the more insane.  bye Felcia. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I dont hate this at all.  

Cant wait to see another year of Mac getting his ass kicked in the FA market while all the other teams in the league get better and the Jets just circle the pot. 

• Upvote 1

Benson Mayowa - lmfao

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

What do you mean by that?

What was unclear, specifically? 

You are a big splash move guy, I perceive.

Not really.  I actually think in general, you should avoid the big splash big money guys in FA but unfortunately, you have to pay to play or you end up signing a bag of sh*t like Benson Mayowa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Circle the pot. Left at the altar would have been better

I'm not married and I sh*t a lot.  So it works better for me. 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

With Jarvis Landry gone, Allen Robinson’s top suitors in free agency is expected to be the Bears, 49ers, Ravens and Jets. Jaguars are still trying to get a deal done before legal tampering begins on Monday.

League sources believe that the #Jets will try to sign WR Allen Robinson immediately after Free Agency begins. This move would be used to persuade Kirk Cousins to come to New York.

So overrated Allen Robinson is going to leave a team desperate for a #1 WR who was 10 minutes from the Super Bowl, to sign with the Jets to use him to hopefully sign Kirk Cousins who is all but guaranteed to go to the Vikings?

LOGIC!

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He's going to leave a team that doesn't want to pay him to join a team that does want to him. And pay him a lot. 

That's the thing, everything I'm hearing here locally is the Jags are trying to lock Allen up long term but that's beside the point.  The part that is stupid and hilarious is the idea that Robinson will sign with the Jets as a lure for Cousins.  Please. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

80 catches 1400 yards and 14tds in 2015 with Blake Bortles as his QB = overrated.. Gotcha

What about the other years when they werent playing from 20 points behind every game?

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The unknown > Blake Bortles?

To me the main issue with Robinson is his catch rate.  He's never been above 60% and has dropped every year.  He was pitiful in 2016, sub-50%.  He got his catches and yards off of a ton of attempts.

There has been some beef apparently between him and Bortles, so maybe there is truth to that but he was also apparently very involved with the team and in and around the offense during his injury, so there are some stories saying that they're good and a lot of the Bortles doubters have come around on him.  Who knows?

Yes, Robinson has a terrible catch rate, in addition to drops.  There is a reason the Jags didnt franchise him.  They dont need him because he's just ok. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Why is that?  Do you hate the Jets?

I'm a die hard.  Probably 100x the fan you are.  I've got pictures with Bruce Harper.  We had a very candidate conversation about how he wouldnt have made in today's NFL with the kick off changes.  

I'm just preparing myself for all the excitement that Mac brings during the offseason. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Other teams make tons of mistakes.  Some more than the Jets and others less.  But EVERY team makes mistakes in both the draft and FA.  You make the Jets seem like they are unique in their failures.  They are not.  I'm not saying this to make anyone feel any better.  I sure don't.  But I am a bit weary from overly extreme/exaggerated comments like yours above that imply the Jets are way more incompetent than all or most (in your case "all") of the 31 other teams.  It's just not so.

Ok, would it have been better if I said, while 10-12 teams get better? We cool now?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

48-548 for rookie of solid. Most rookie WRs struggle.

Year two he was great.

Year 3 bortles was a Trainwreck and he still managed almost 900 and 6. Bortles had a sub60% comp pct and the offense was anemic.

Year 4 he tore his ACL which should mean nothing to a deshaun Watson lover who is already on his second ACL tear before he's played one full season in the NFL...

He'll make a full recovery from his ACL just like Watson but I dont think his knee will improve his catch rate and his droppsies.  But cool, give Allen Robinson and his 1 great year 3 years ago WR #1 money. That's what good teams do.

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It always amazes me how so many people here (not only you) just love to unleash the negativity at their best on the morning of big days like the draft or beginning of free agency.  It's like the NFL calendar is a schedule by which SOJF on this board like to spew.  It's as predictable as Old Faithful. 

It amazes people here (not only you) expect big things out of FA when you're GM has shown zero ability to sign sought after FA's.

I get excited for the draft, just inevitably let down. 

Sorry we're different. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

Nothing on the Jets front. 

Dude, why you taking the wind out of everyones sail?  It's such a big day!!!

SOJF smh

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Now you are on the defensive in attack stance and incorrect to boot.  I never said I expected anything from UFA.  I'm just amazed that some posters here pull out their finest versions of extreme negativity on days like this.  It speaks volumes.  They save their most pointed negativism for days when the rest of the fan base is hopeful.  Fantastic trollism, if you ask me.  

Nothing I said was defensive.  I expect nothing from the Jets on this super happy promising day because I'm a Jets fan and apparently you dont either but you dont get it and it speaks volumes because I said what I was thinking and you didnt?

Cool with me.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It was defensive in that you grouped me into a group that was incorrect.  Look, you don't particularly like my comments on the enhanced negativity from you and a few others today.  Fine.  I cal deal with that.  And its a reasonable reaction.  Just say it directly instead of your not-so-clever retort.    IMO, Jets fans would be better off waiting to see how it plays out before unleashing the demons that are all stored up. 

Again, we're different.  I prepare myself for what I've come to expect.  I've watched this movie 100x before.  You dont.  Cool.  Different strokes for different folks.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Surprised to see no one post about ESPN saying we need a QB and then linking us to Josh McCown

One more year! One more year! One more year! 

Image result for Josh McCown gif

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm not trolling. I'm illustrating a gaping dichotomy that keeps coming up over and over.

SO would you say the narrative is #1 D in the league next year despite the fans keeping the Jets down?

The narrative is more generalized than that.

National Narrative: Jets have ditched the circus and are now doing things the right way. The Giants are now more of a circus than the Jets

Hence why the narrative was zero wins last year. Got it! 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The dichotomy is that you don’t appear to possess a frontal lobe yet you seem to be able to manipulate a smart phone.

Siri can do a lot these days.

Why do you think that narrative changed? They surpassed expectations

So, #1 D or #2 D? 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Top 20. Because apparently offense is how you win titles now

Top 20 definitely equals best young core D in the league.  

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL.com's Kimberly Jones reports the Jets could be interested in free agent Case Keenum if they miss out on Kirk Cousins.

Per Jones, Josh McCown also remains a fallback option. The Jets are not the favorites for Cousins, but should at least get an audience.

Keenum has Jets written all over as the consolation prize when they get shunned by Cousins but Joshy is Todd's all time favorite player he's ever coached.  That will be a tough meeting of the minds. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Keenum going to Denver I think

I could see the consider Bowles loves Joshy.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody I mean Chris and Macc will pacify Bowles by hiring McCown as QB coach. 

Nah, Joshy wants to play and Todd will let him.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Whoever goes after case keenum is making a huge mistake, it better bloody well not be the jets

Be prepared Beer...they're going to miss on Kirk and bring in both Case and Joshy!!!!!!

GO JETS BABY!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

27 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Didn't he take more money from the Jags? By a lot? 

The Jets could have paid more...which is why all FA's wanted to sign here.  

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Just entering this debate here, did the Jets talk to him, or want to talk with him?

Mac talks to everyone.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why would we want to pay more? He's the highest paid guard in NFL history

Why would the Jets want to pay more?  IDK maybe to sign the player away from the competition?

Isnt that why were are all jerking each other off over the cap space? 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Even Honey Badger won't sign here and Bowles is the grandfather of his kid!

Honey badger dont play.

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

tell us what the jets offered please.  Did they even give an offer?  

I do not have this information but if I had to guess, it wasnt enough to attract Norwell. 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Can we raise the bar??? I would prefer McCarron, Bridgewater or Bradford. We would still have to draft a QB, but let’s move on.

The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

Joshy is Todd's favorite player he's ever coached, so no.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company