joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

51 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Does anybody know why Hack is still on the team?  He literally has no value.  Bridgewater will be the backup plan.

his age.  They might cut him soon,  but they may give him 1 last chance to show something in camp

Are we in legal Tampering mode yet or do the agents just not care about being caught anymore? 

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sherman was released.  It's perfectly legal for him to negotiate and sign.

Man, I'm slipping 

We're still getting cousins tho, right? 

• Haha 1

So I just looked over the free agent list and it's pretty scary thin. As far as I know the guys still available that would have an impact are obviously G Norwell, C  Jensen and WR Robinson. 

What is the deal with tyler eifert?  Injured? 

I would think he stays where he is after the Tampering period 

Lol forget eifert he has missed 41 of 82 games 

Is there any actual news? 

No tweets about anything? 

54 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I honestly have no idea how anybody can defend this front office right now. They have literally whiffed all day after talking publicly about how active they were going to be. Almost every top free agent at a position of need for the Jets is gone and we have not signed one. The next shoe that's going to drop is when they pass up on a QB in the draft bc they signed Bridgewater. I can see it already. Macc needs to be fired the day after the draft if that happens. How this ownership is accepting this is beyond me. This is embarrassing.

I'm not defending anything  but let's not assume we know about all of the players they have contacted 

Some players will Want to go on visits as well and that can't happen until after Wednesday I believe 

Have the Jets been linked to any ;

TE

WR

OG

txs

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

None. Had slight interest in a WR or two but it fell thru.

Thank you 

JOH708747.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Trumaine Johnson
NYJ.png
CB
Jets

Physical, above-average starting cornerbacks get paid like superstars in free agency. That's why the Rams gave Johnson $30.6 million over the last two years as their franchise player. 

UPDATE: Johnson is expected to sign with the Jets on a deal worth $15 million per year, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Rapoport report

Teddy Bridgewater QB

NYJ.png

He's either ranked way too high or way too low. With a great combination of smarts, positive game tape and leadership, Bridgewater could have a higher long-term ceiling than even Kirk Cousins. But there's no telling how Teddy will look two years removed from a devastating knee injury. 

UPDATE: Bridgewater will sign a one-year deal up to $15 million with the Jets, Rapoport reports.

Avery Williamson LB

NYJ.png

Although strong against the run, Williamson is a base 3-4 inside linebacker with less-than-ideal coverage skills. Can he be a three-down player? 

UPDATE: Williamson is expected to join the Jets on a three-year deal worth $22.5 million that includes $16 million guaranteed, Rapoport reports.

Morris Claiborne CB

NYJ.png

Claiborne might never live up to his No. 6 overall pick pedigree, but he's been a rock-solid starter -- when healthy -- the past two years. 

UPDATE: The Jets are re-signing Claiborne to a one-year, $7 million deal, Rapoport reports

• Like 1

Josh McCown QB

NYJ.png

Josh McCown QB

The ideal bridge quarterback, McCown is essentially a player-coach at this stage of his career. A red-flag injury risk entering his age-39 season, McCown is perhaps most valuable as a wet nurse for a talented but raw young stallion. 

UPDATE: Josh McCown is re-signing with the Jets on a one-year, $10 million deal, per Garafolo.

Isaiah Crowell RB

NYJ.png

Crowell can be the lead back in a committee attack, but he's nobody's idea of a dynamic playmaker. 

UPDATE: Crowell is expected to join the Jetson a three-year, $12 million contract, per Rapoport and Pelissero. The deal could potentially be a one-year, $4 million pact, and a $2 million injury guarantee becomes fully guaranteed next March.

Now some potential targets...... 

PICK

Jack Mewhort OL

.png

Limited to roughly 1,000 snaps combined over the last two years because of knee injuries, Mewhort was an excellent second-round find at right guard before that.

• Like 2

PICK

Jordan Matthews WR

.png

He proved in Philadelphia he can produce out of the slot, with 225 catches in his first three seasons. He proved in Buffalo he's not talented enough to transcend problematic surroundings.

• Like 2

Eric Ebron TE

.png

Ebron's history of drops and mental errors are red flags. But he'll be just 25 years old when the season starts and has gained more than 2,000 yards in his four seasons, more than some wide receivers, like Paul Richardson, who are getting paid in this market.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Why hasn’t Bridgewater been announced by the team yet. Kinda weird. 

Yeah I noticed that. I don't think Avery was either 

He better not be trolling us lol

So far the Jets have signed ;

QB, WR, HB, C

CB, ILB, 

If they sign a guard and draft a QB that's pretty pretty pretty good 

I have resigned myself to the fact that they will never have a TE 

Thank god we don't have too much offense or too many corners, we dodged a bullet there 

On 3/23/2018 at 2:31 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Pryor is all we needed this year and I think corner is set too.

The WR group is full of questions. Last year's rookies were jags. 

Claiborne is on a 1 year deal, I was really hoping Gaines signed 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hansen has potential. And that is the reason we grabbed Pryor was because of the Anderson/Enunwa concerns.

Gaines doesn’t fit our scheme at all ..pure Zone CB.

Ok

Just feels like the Jets have no draft picks left so they have to buy players 

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Why bring him in? Are they bored? No need for another rb right now. 

Maybe someone will get cut 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The story of free agency this year is that safeties have minimal value all of a sudden. Kenny Vaccarro, Eric Reid, and Tre Boston are getting zero interest, Honey Badger had to take a one year deal for pennies, and the Seahawks aren’t finding anyone who wants to pay for Earl Thomas. It’s a good and smart thing that we burned two high draft picks on a position that could have been filled on the cheap to go along with burning another first at ILB, where you can find good ones for $6 mil per.

The flaw in your logic is draft picks can't sign somewhere else even if you offer more money. 

While I agree that safety is a poor use of a top 10 pick for a team without a QB or pass rusher, the other flaw in your logic is nothing changed about the value of safeties from one year to the next. 

They have never been day 1 signings. 

There are some very good safety prospects in this draft and teams could simply be waiting to see how the draft goes before committing dollars. 

There was a year a ton of DTs came out and it depressed the DT market 

Does that mean teams value the DT position differently? 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company