joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wouldn’t mind giving him an opportunity to battle it out with a rookie but I’m sure he is looking for a definite starter spot. 

Rosen/ AJ Mcarron/ Hack

Would love to have that combo on the outside chance he turns into something. If not, move on to the rookie.  But like you said I’m sure he wants a clear cut situation and be the guy and I’m sure for a good chunk of money. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I honestly don't mind if the Jet did not pursue ANY of these FAs. 

I'd rather have Claiborne back on a short term deal than sign T.Johnson to a long term deal. I believe the Jets are in talks with Mo C. right now, so this will probably be the route they take.

I fully expect Skrine to be cut, so it woudl not surprise me if they went after a CB in the draft.  

They'll be no need for Skrine when they draft Minkah. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

No surprise - Jets declined Ijalana's option.  Saves $4.6MM cap space.

That should get us one day of Cousins. Keep it coming!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Smart on their part. Keenum, IMO, can't be counted on to play nearly as well as this past season. Flash in the pan and some team (please not us) is going to pay him more than he is worth to lose a lot of games.Maybe the Giants bring him in, just in case Eli gets injured... plus he'd be familiar with the system.

Nah, I'm sure some team will bring him in to start for them. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol we really aren’t in this race like we think we are. It’s Minnesota or Denver as long as the money looks OK. Doesn’t have to look great. I mean he’s not needing money. He got franchise tagged twice. Money doesn’t matter as much as some of you think it does.

I'm sure he'll hear Mac out and then realize in the middle of the meeting "wtf am I doing?".

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

From Jason la canfora:

• Continue to hear the Jags are far more likely to keep or add several lesser-paid receivers (retaining Marquise Lee, for starters) than they are to pony up big to keep Allen Robinson.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

But probably will still franchise tag right?

idk. Doesn’t exactly sound like a guy they wanna franchise. But who knows. Either way I doubt he’d wanna come here if he did end up being a free agent. 

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'd be fine with it if we still took a RB in the 2nd round....but if they're looking at these kinda guys to lead them into the season, then they can go f themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bridgewater should be plan D, the guy has not played in 2 years, we have no clue about him at all.

Also Allen Robinson has done dick all for2 years.  Last year was the injury but he just sucked the year before.

We are scrambling to  go after guys that have done zero in 2 years?

The team was 3-13 that year. Still came away with 800 yards and 6 TDs. And only 24. Yeah i'll take him any day. Let me know when someone better shows up on the market. Either way, if he hated playing with Bortles, he's definitely not coming here.

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

That's makes sense, allows him to jump to another contender and/or cash in on another big contract. I would not have wanted us to get him unless it was on a 5-6 year deal, that's the only way to benefit from frontloading a deal. 

If it ended up being for 3 years, i'd be pretty pissed, Jets would be stupid to do that, it accomplishes nothing. You want him here long term so you can build something. Of course we'd be the ones to get the big free agent QB and still get duped. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

so we are trading for Aaron Rodgers.... lol 

He'll be handing off to Lev Bell as well.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

One potential clever way for the jets to use their cap space is to do the NBA style of trade, where we take on a good player on a bad contract for a draft pick.   It would be like using cap space to buy a draft pick (Vinny Curry comes to mind).

That would probably be one of the best ways to use the money, especially if we miss out on Cousins. There's just not many good FA's that will require huge contracts. So why not get an extra pick. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The browns did it and it was viewed as a shrewd move, if the jets did it the media would be blasting us for tanking.

Really? I didn't see that, most were just saying it's never really been done in the NFL before and then later people realized it was a pretty damn good move. 

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That isn't exactly what the Browns did. What the Browns did was absorb an AWFUL player in exchange for a 2nd round pick. The Browns were tanking and didn't care that Osweiller was awful, they just wanted more picks. What dinamite was suggesting  was taking on a solid player who has a bad contract and in exchange we also land a draft pick. We get the benefit of a decent player and a pick while the other teams get some cap relief.

I don't think that has happened yet in the NFL, but the Osweiller deal is likely the gateway to deals dinamite was talking about. It's a pretty good idea provided the player you take on doesn't have a contract that will hamstring your team in future years as well. 

Well still same concept. Browns essentially paid the Texans something like 16 million for a 2nd round pick. Not a bad deal when you have 100 million in cap space.

• Upvote 2

Rams going all in. With Seahawks turning over the roster, it’s their time to be on top for a while. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Remarkable. They hire Shanny and acquire Jimmy, and boom their rebuild is done in 1-year so now they can sign luxury veterans to put them in playoff hunt.

Meanwhile, Jets fans argue to other Jets fans that “real rebuilds” can’t take 1 year, and that Macc’s rebuild didn’t start until this year, so his other years werent real rebuild years.

Our fans can be beyond stupid at times. Enabling failure through coddled, low expectations.

Lol let me know in what reality where New England calls us instead asking if we want their QB. 

I’m pretty sure Cousins will go to the Vikings but I still think people like Caplan or whoever are just taking stabs in the dark in order to say they had it first. When in reality nothing is set. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You miss the point. Rebuilds start with finding a QB. I’m jot saying we could have had Jimmy. I’m saying our fans enable a bad GM with stories about 5 year ‘real rebuilds’ that are pure crap.

It’s not pure crap. How fast do you think a rebuild takes? 1-2 years? I listed in another thread several GMs that took 4-5 years to reach the playoffs once they started. And that was with some even finding their QB earlier on. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm still feeling they go defense round 1, hedge on QB in later rounds and sign either Mccown, Bradford or Keenum. They will most likely have a built in excuse with the 3 QB's being off the board before they pick.

They’ll try to trade down. If not, they’ll take defense. Then trade away our two 2nds to go up and get Lamar Jackson. Which would probably annoy me even more even though I wouldn’t mind Jackson. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

You dont rebuild by taking defensive tackles and strong safeties at 6 overall.

Rams GM took a DT, 5’9 WR, and huge bust at tackle at #2 with his first 3 first round picks. And yet here Les Snead is looking alright today. 

There’s no perfect path. But it does take time and little luck. And as much as you wanna hate the positions, they’re still good players. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Aaron Donald has the measureables of a running back.

You just said you don’t build teams with DTs. Make up your mind.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

DYA7cAIW0AEA6LW?format=jpg

Cmon Mac! Just come away with Richburg or Jansen, Robinson or Watkins, and whatever good corner there is. No big deal, just give them massive contracts, who cares. Then we won’t hate you until the draft. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Snead also fired the Neanderthal head coach, which should be Macc’s next move

He also wanted that Neanderthal head coach as soon as he got there. Hey, live and you learn. 

Can someone tell me why we would be interested in Dion Lewis??

I think he’s good but do we really need a better version of Powell? We already have the original as well as the poor mans version with McGuire. Don’t think we need the trifecta. 

I really don't understand why we'd offer him a 3 year contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Two ways to look at giving a 3 year deal..

1) For the Jets to give him a 3 year deal they would be insane.  They have too much work to do to be ready to win in 3 years...Just throwing away good money.  Honestly, they would be officially throwing in the towel on trying to win a superbowl and basicaly acknowledging just being competitive is good enough.

or

2) They can sign Cousins and draft a QB next year - give said QB a chance to learn under a quality starter.  I don't think you can draft one high this year - as three years is too long to wait, but 2 years would work.

I mean it doesn't necessarily mean he wants to bolt after the 3 years, just wants another chance to get one more big pay day. 

Get the guaranteed contract now for 3 years to show what you do for the team, if you elevate the team and things are looking great then he gets a huge extension. If things are going south, then he allows himself to still get out and i'm sure sign with another team desperate enough for a QB at that time. 

Just now, Stark said:

People though Revis was the player the maximized his earning potential the most in the NFL... Cousins is sure giving that theory a run for the money for sure. 

It's smart though, I can't blame him. Get another chance for another contract at 32 yrs old with the same team or another.

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company