joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

On 2/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, T0mShane said:

The arc of history bends toward justice. 

That would make a great tattoo.

Or a super-hero movie tag line....

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Calm down. The worst that happens is that he gets fired next year and we go around again. You planning on dying soon

Well, the Jets sucking every year does cause all of us to die a little each year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Ha ha ha, I was LITERALLY doing this just yesterday, pawing though the 5 dollar cds in walmart

Did you find any Strong Safeties that we can sign?  We are thin there....

2 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Minkah and I share the same barber. That's a true story.

do not joke about drafting Minkah....

please do not joke about drafting Minkah....

please do not EVEN joke about drafting Minkah....

PLEASE DO NOT EVEN JOKE ABOUT DRAFTING MINKAH!

1 hour ago, JiF said:

What does that have to do with signing a sh*tty player for a ridiculous contract? 

I guess Mac wasn't able to sign the best player at every position to fill every need.  Its another completely failed FA

Why is the first day of FA, literally, the same every year?

10 hours ago, pointman said:

I legit fought hard to not neg rep you, but also to not report your post. 

It was all I could do NOT to throw up in my own mouth while typing that joke.  Because, as I said, its not even funny.

17 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh. They're still taking Darnold at 1. If not they're idiots. 

They should draft Barkley #1 to give a RB to Taylor, and then they STILL get one of the top 3 QB's guaranteed.

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What if the Giants grab a QB, the Jets trade up to 3 and now you are stuck with the 3rd best QB you may not even love. 

I'd be SHOCKED if the Browns pass on a QB at 1. They will find the guy they love, take him at 1 and then take one of Nelson/Barkley/Chubb at 4. 

But is there really going to be a difference between Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield?  Because they could have anyone of those three.  I mean, if you REALLY love one of those guys more than the other, sure.  But why not take Barkley, who would be a GREAT safety net for Taylor, let whoever ride the pine for a year (unless they can beat Taylor out), and set your offense up for many a year? 

11 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yes, there could be a HUGE difference in how these teams scout each of the QBs. Just because as Jets fans we are like "Just give me any of  them!!" doesn't mean that's how GMs will evaluate them. 

Even in your own head, you have eliminated Josh Allen because you don't like him, but he could be rated way higher than Mayfield by the Jets/Browns/Giants. 

We may have Lamar  Jackson rated ahead of Mayfield. 

Bucky Brooks just came out with a mock draft where Mayfield goes 27 to the Saints (and gives us Rosen at 6). it's possible Mayfield goes to us at 6 and Rosen falls. 

The Jets may only think that Rosen/Darnold are worth picks in the top 6 and if they are taken by the Giants and Browns at 1/2 then the Jets may just pick Barkley/Nelson/Chubb and then try and trade back into the end of the first to take Mayfield/Jackson. 

We may love Rosen and if he falls to 3 we may trade up. 

There are an thousands of ways this could play which is why it's stupid for some people to be calling for the Jets to trade up. Trade up to where? 3? Where the QB we want may not be around? Everyone needs to chill and let the situation play itself out a little more. 

Again, Barkley might have been the better choice, given you were getting a top 4 QB GUARANTEED.

All of this is irrelevant since I first posted this, because they handed a huge chunk of money to Carlos Hyde.  They are not doing that and then signing Barkley to be their starter.

They will go QB with one, and perhaps trade out of number 4 to a team trying to jump the Broncos and Jets for a QB (cough Buffalo cough)

To add to this, Barkley not going at 1 might be good, as we knew the Browns were going to go QB with one of their picks.  Now, with Barkley going to (potentially the Giants), it might leave us with one of the top 4.  I think we get one of the top 4 if we want. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Unpopular opinion: the Jets have a very expensive secondary wherein none of the players in that secondary have ever made the Pro Bowl and in which none are Pro Bowl caliber players. Dudes are a little out over their skis right now. 

Which is EXACTLY why we need the Honey Badger and MINKAH!

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Would rather he undid the McCown deal, that iphone sig at the chicken place can't be held up in court :) - Bridgewater could earn back some draft capital if he stays healthy 

This is why I HATE the McCown signing.

Nobody was going to sign him.  Why not go in with Bridgewater as your QB now, let Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold or whoever sit for a year, and you have Hack and Petty to backup Bridgewater.  If you REALLY need McCown, call him during week 5 because he will still be there eating chips like Vinny was.

Now, if Bowles plays McCown, how do you find out if Bridgewater is back?  How do you capitalize on signing him if nobody gets to see what he can/can't do? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's called preseason. McCown didn't play in the preseason last year

And its Todd Bowles United.....I have ZERO faith that he will start Bridgewater.

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

so?

So, that I have zero faith, or so that he will start McCown over Bridgewater.  Because if it is the later, then why sign Bridgewater at all.  You have to let him play to see if there is anything there, otherwise, its a waste of time.  Eerily similar to the whole fiasco last year not letting Hackenberg or Petty play.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company