joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Rams traded Ogletree (A far superior version of Darron Lee) and a 7th rounder for a 4 and a 6.  This is why you do not draft low value positions high.  (ILB in a 3-4).  Same thing with a box strong safety.

The Rams looked at their team, looked at the players they had to keep long term  (QB, high end RB, high  end dlineman, etc) and realized that ilb is simply a much easier position to replace with an acceptable player than any of the premium positions.

A couple years from now if the jets actually hit on a few picks they will be trying to deal lee even if he plays okay.  ILB in a 3-4 low value

So tell me... what part of Macagnan's brain is defective since it's clear he has no understanding that some positions are of greater value than others?  He doesn't get it. Bowles doesn't get it. The Johnson brothers don't get it either.  This is one very low brow organization.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The #Jets haven’t budged from their 2-year, $8m offer to Austin Seferian-Jenkins, which was put on the table before season ended. Still interest on both sides to get something done, but sounds like he’ll hit free agency. Risky move for NYJ. Seferian-Jenkins will be coveted.

why?  He's not great at anything.  Average receiver with a few critical bobbles that ruined a couple of games.  Average blocking skills.  $4million per year is generous.

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cant wait to see another year of Mac getting his ass kicked in the FA market while all the other teams in the league get better and the Jets just circle the pot. 

Other teams make tons of mistakes.  Some more than the Jets and others less.  But EVERY team makes mistakes in both the draft and FA.  You make the Jets seem like they are unique in their failures.  They are not.  I'm not saying this to make anyone feel any better.  I sure don't.  But I am a bit weary from overly extreme/exaggerated comments like yours above that imply the Jets are way more incompetent than all or most (in your case "all") of the 31 other teams.  It's just not so.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

He's going to leave a team that doesn't want to pay him to join a team that does want to him. And pay him a lot. 

But

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

You mean to tell me mediocre player like a Paul Richardson who has 1 decent year and is injury prone to fullest . Doesn’t excite you? 

LOL. Obviously you are unfamiliar with Paul Richardson.  He had an ACL a few years ago and had a rock solid year last year even though he was the 3rd target in line for Wilson.  

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The extra $2m/year is going from $2m to $4m per, not from $4m to $6m.

$6m/year isn’t another $2m; it’s another $4m. Per year. 

from Day 1, the Jets offer was $4 million per year for 2 years.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

Ok, would it have been better if I said, while 10-12 teams get better? We cool now?

It always amazes me how so many people here (not only you) just love to unleash the negativity at their best on the morning of big days like the draft or beginning of free agency.  It's like the NFL calendar is a schedule by which SOJF on this board like to spew.  It's as predictable as Old Faithful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Which IMO already had the $2m premium built in.

not sure what "premium" you speak of.  I had read that the Jets offer to ASJ  was $4 million per year for a 2 year deal.  Never anything else.  And now I'm reading that Mac is sticking to it.  I never read anything about $2 million per year.  At all. I must have missed that if it indeed is correct.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

It amazes people here (not only you) expect big things out of FA when you're GM has shown zero ability to sign sought after FA's.

I get excited for the draft, just inevitably let down. 

Sorry we're different. 

Now you are on the defensive in attack stance and incorrect to boot.  I never said I expected anything from UFA.  I'm just amazed that some posters here pull out their finest versions of extreme negativity on days like this.  It speaks volumes.  They save their most pointed negativism for days when the rest of the fan base is hopeful.  Fantastic trollism, if you ask me.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If it makes you feel better, listening to you guys twist yourselves into knots to justify every dumbass thing this franchise does is no picnic either.

"you guys"? Wrong  I don't do that.  Ever.  So I'm not in your "you guys" category.  Interesting that you go on the attack when you weren't even singled out.  I guess everyone knows that you don't need to be singled out, sitting at or near the top of that totem pole.  I'll grant you this:  you don't wait for big days like this to unleash it.  Yours is perpetual.  Points for consistency at least.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nothing I said was defensive.  I expect nothing from the Jets on this super happy promising day because I'm a Jets fan and apparently you dont either but you dont get it and it speaks volumes because I said what I was thinking and you didnt?

Cool with me.

It was defensive in that you grouped me into a group that was incorrect.  Look, you don't particularly like my comments on the enhanced negativity from you and a few others today.  Fine.  I cal deal with that.  And its a reasonable reaction.  Just say it directly instead of your not-so-clever retort.    IMO, Jets fans would be better off waiting to see how it plays out before unleashing the demons that are all stored up. 

5 minutes ago, TopCop said:

The only concern I have is the longer the Cousins saga plays out, the longer it keeps us from making other moves.  Other teams will be positioning themselves to draft one of the top 3 QB’s while we’re waiting for Cousins to make a decision.  Cousins needs to make a decision by the end of the week or we just need to move on

by Wednesday at the latest.

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Jesus. F off Bills.

Buffalo Bills are like mosquitos.  Someone needs to zap them!

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

So no offensive players are coming here because there's no good offensive players here.  Therefore we may as well draft more defensive players.  

Exactly.  Todd Bowles is happy.

635788005347388563-Jets-Bowles-Knight-Fo

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s just gross, really. It pretty much guarantees he takes a visit here, at the least, and then Minnesota, and then the gratuitous dramatic scene where he’s talking to his wife at a side table in some hotel and she starts tearing up with all the mandated ESPN production ****ery and melodrama attached. The Jets are going to get tubed like the statutory chubby girl on The Bachelor.

maybe

Kirk-Cousins-wife-Julie-Hampton-Cousins-

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Two thoughts:

1. Yes, anyone would go work in a sh*tty environment if it included $8-$9 mil more than the next available opportunity.

2. It’s very Jetty to attempt to beat the next available offer by $8-$9 mil for a quarterback that was just cast out by the Redskins and found himself with only two suitors in a league where people would give up their mother for a decent passer.

Just think. We are mere steps away from mac bidding against himself. again.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Tell that to the Giants fans who want to dump him

yeah, all two of them.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

tell us what the jets offered please.  Did they even give an offer?  

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He's the highest paid guard in NFL History, so that's a lot of money

and you can bet the farm that if the jets were the team to make him the highest paid G in NFL history, that half the board would be screaming how Mac isn't spending wisely.  Frankly, we don't even know if the Jets reached out to Norwell.  I think they should have and would be annoyed if not, but still...  we don't know sh!t.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So.. why hasnt Cousins signed with Minny yet?

not enough footage for the full documentary yet.  Another few days.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Brees gets 2 years 50 million IF Cousins gets a penny more then 75 million guaranteed from the Jets over 3 years I’m done with this sh*t show of a franchise, Cousins couldn’t hold Brees jocks jock!

again, ^^ that's NOT the way the NFL works.  Brees is in the final couple years of his career.  Cousins in his prime.  That changes the salary landscape a bit.  You are not being realistic about the age factor and the high probability that Brees took a little less from the Saints than he would have if he changed teams at this stage of his career  The man is entrenched in New Orleans and wanted to remain there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, shevys said:

False. False. Stop making things up.

Mawae was all pro center for seattle before Parcells landed him.  He was VERY well known throughout the league. 

1 hour ago, rillo said:

I'm just here for the whining...

no better place on Earth for it!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

At this point, I’d welcome some Russian meddling with the Jets.

awesome!

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Now, according to @SenorGato i was a moron for thinking that hitting your next pay day in 3 years was more important than a few extra milly on the front... ultimately, that's what this deal was all about. Wanting to maximize value over 3 years to land pay day v.2 at 33 for 120+ again. Better chances of maintaining and improving value in MIN over NY

thems is the breaks Gato

considering that Senor is like wrong 96.8% of the time, color me unimpressed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

McKinnon got 4 years $28M from the Niners

wow.  He's a change of pace guy.  I like him, but......  wow.

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Macc has really turned this around.

The only dark cloud now is the insane report that Mccown has already been named the starter.

that's on Bowles, not Mac.  Mac doesn't decide who starts/sits etc.  All Bowles.

11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Agreed that it now looks like the Browns will go QB with the first pick. But, after the Browns select a QB, how do the Giants NOT take Barkley? And I really question the Giants trading out of the first 7 or 8 picks because the cream of the crop in this draft is the Quarterbacks, Barkley, Chubb, and Fitzpatrick. This is the Jets great advantage in trading up. If a team above the Jets makes a trade with the Jets, they can still get Barkely, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick. If a team picking in the top 5 trades with the Bills, they can say good bye to their shot at one of these guys. I think this makes the Jets a far better trading partner for the Giants, Colts or Browns than the Bills or any other team. I really can not envision the Jets screwing this up. 

then again, they somehow screwed up free agency with the biggest checkbook out there.  I didn't envision that either.  

23 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:
 @JasonLaCanfora

Donte Moncrief's deal with the Jags is a whopper - he gets $10M in 2018 with chance to earn millions more in incentives.

dumb signing.  Moncrief isn't very reliable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

WELP. We're taking Lamar Jackson at 6 then. 

If it goes

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Colts - trade to Bills - Allen

Browns - Chubb/Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Jets - JACKSONNNN

No.  In this scenario, The jets take Barkley or Chubb (whichever is there) and then use one of the 2's plus a 3 to move up for Jackson. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

at that point it may make the most sense ironically for him to explore trade down scenarios.  he'd get tarred and feathered if he took jackson at 6.  he may as well trade back and get more picks, someone would trade up for chubb or barkley at that point.

or the jets take Barkley or Chubb (whichever is there) at #6 and then use one of the 2's plus a 3 to move up for Jackson. 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Move up to where? 

to where they can get Jackson.  Jackson + barkley or Chubb would be the only somewhat acceptable scenario if we miss out on the top 4 QB prospects.  Or thak Chubb/Barkley at 6 and then use a 2 on Laulletta or White?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i still don't know what that does.  what is jackson?  what kind of offense does he run?  you may need to trade into the mid first round to get him. 

• both our 2nd rounders (#37 & 49) have combined draft chart value of 940, equivalent to pick 17 or 18 in round 1.
  • our earlier 2nd rounder (#37) + 3rd round (#72) have a combined draft chart value of 760, equivalent to pick 23 in round 1.
  • our later 2nd rounder (#49) + 3rd round (#72) have a combined draft chart value of 640, equivalent to pick #29 in round 1.
  • for Sh*ts & giggles, both 2nd rounders + the 3rd rounders have a combined draft chart value of 1,170, equivalent to pick 13 in round 1.

If all 4 QBs are gone at #6 but Chubb anbd/or Barkley are there, I take one of those and use some combination of 2 of the other 3 to move up and get whatever the best remaining prospect is, I assume Jackson.  Or no trade and hold your breath that Lauletta will be there or White.  New England might grab a QB to replace Garopollo, so we'd need to be in front of them.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company