joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

38 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Does anybody know why Hack is still on the team?  He literally has no value.  Bridgewater will be the backup plan.

because he's 22 years old and has basically had 1 year of real NFL coaching.  he'll get at least 1 more year under Bates before they pull the rip cord.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m assuming you mean cut the cord.

no..  I mean pull the rip cord.  It's colloquial for giving up on him.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

NpOGKcon_400x400.jpg

I don't mind you following me around with that but at least use it at appropriate times.  This one felt forced.

It's bizarre to me that the wolf pack is against spending woodys money to sign a proven vet, but are all for parting with however many draft picks it takes for the honor of drafting Josh Rosen.

It's worth an extra 5 Mil to keep our 2nd rounders and have the flexibility of trading down from 6 if need be...  not to mention getting a QB who you know is good.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

+ 1 

Yet I get scolded.

1 guy scolded you..  who gives a sh-t how he wants these laid out lol.  keep the separate threads coming.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

3-4 actually lmao. Paradis, SAR and Joewilly12 and one other guy who I just figured out existed on the board.

yeah.....

suffice to say their admonishments wouldn't impact my decision to start a new thread if I felt like it.

55 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Oh man I’d LOVE to see that video presentation by the Jets. I can only imagine. 

So would I... Larry David, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, George RR Martin, cast of a couple broadway shows given how much a fan he is etc.. Get as much star power in there you can asking him to come to NY.

What are the Vikings going to show him?  The roller coaster and Cinnabon at that stupid mall?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Man. Throw in Carrot Top and Joe Piscopo just to really seal the deal. 

You're right...  Carrot Top probably appeals to his Christian sensibilities more than Rock does.

86 Chris Rock and plug in CT.

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I hate the Jets too, but why don't people like Jamal Adams? 

because he can't impact a game and stuff..  only Qb's, Rb's, WRs, Edge Rushers, and Left Tackles can.

Coming around on A-Rob..  Thought he'd be overpriced (and will be) but provided he's fully recovered from ACL he could be stud for 5-6 years.  If Cousins goes to the Vikes they're going to need a #1 WR for McCown and the rookie QB.

Still don't want Watkins tho..  f**k that guy.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks guys.  I've been avoiding discussion until things actually start happening because Pac. 

Yeah who needs logic and optimism when you can just whine like a b-tch for months on end and celebrate if/when top FA's don't come to "our" team.

• Upvote 2

The Vikes calling up Brees along with tweets like the one the other day from Enunwa may mean something to Kirk.  I like our chances.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

What did Enunwa tweet?

As much as I know everyone wants us to have him I’m not going to disrespect the QBs currently on the roster and make them feel less competent. If he wants to come we’ll show him why the team didn’t go 0-16 like everyone thought we’d be last year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sourceworx said:

Classy move.

ya...  something Kirk isn't used to.

Little things like this may go a long way with him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Lol. “I don’t know if you saw Quincy’s latest tweet Kirk but here take a look..”

100% he's seen that tweet...  I'm sure he's seen them all.  If not from looking himself definitely from people telling him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you want to know why the Jets even have a chance, it’d be this: 

or maybe it has to do with the fact that of the 10 teams that can afford him around 7 have their QB's?

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Which of those teams would trade their current QB for Kirk Cousins at $30 mil? 

loaded question.

if you're asking which of the top 10 or so cap space teams would rather have him at QB I'd say:

Jets, Browns, Bucs, Titans, Bears, Vikes, Jags, Bengals, Bills, and Broncos.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They must really love and appreciate the idea of being held hostage by a vanity project ESPN documentary. I’m sure hardo Mike Nolan just absolutely loves waiting around for three days so Kirk can get some footage.

I think Zimmer wants to tell Cousins to F**k off and re-sign Bridgewater.  I could sense a hair of resentment when he was interviewed about it a couple weeks ago.

The decision 2 electric booglaoo may just be enough for Zimmer to launch sh-t around his office and tell speilman to pull the offer.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This boils down to, “you can’t blame Maccagnan for putting together a sh*t team that nobody wants to play for.”

just when I thought you turned a logic corner you're back to this tripe..

sigh..  

how about we wait until any NFL team can actually sign anyone?

Rex Tillerson was released this morning.  

He's reportedly happy to be removed from such a dysfunctional organization and is looking forward to a fresh start.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is what you call—to use the parlance of our times—a freefall.

It's what everyone has been thinking they'd do for months...

The only reason to bring in Bridgewater is if you're cutting Hack..  I don't think Teddy is going to want to come here to be a 3 though.  

Just now, T0mShane said:

Bowles wants QBs with a built-in excuse not to play over McCown, so Bridgewater’s knee and Hackenberg’s awfulness will give him those excuses.

dude.

if they miss on Cousins they are re-signing McCown and drafting a QB at 6 or moving up.  That is an acceptable solution.

If Macc only signs McCown and Teddy and ignores QB in the 1st round he will not last the year.  He knows this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

but what about the documentary!

cliffhanger!

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You think this and I think this, but does Maccagnan’s boss think this? No. Maccagnan’s boss is the Sean Penn character from the Michael Douglas classic “The Game.” 

If it goes any other way I may request a wolf pack starter kit.

So everyone has been saying Cousins will sign with the Vikings for weeks and now people are shocked he's signing with the Vikes?

Other than Cousins the only FA that has reportedly signed that even hurts a little is Richburg and if we get Jensen then it doesn't hurt at all.

Butler, Trumaine, Jensen, Jon Brown..  If we don't get some of this then it's time to think about the panic button.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

TEDDY F***ING BRIDGEWATER!  WTF!  Are we not drafting a quarterback?  I reserve the right to freak-the-f***-out if we don't draft a quarterback because of Teddy Bridgewater.  

You're a logical guy with good posts.  Think it through for a second...

McCown and Bridgewater for 1 year deals at modest prices and you think the Jets aren't going to draft a QB?

Those signings are practically SCREAMING they're taking a QB either at 6 or moving up for one.

9 hours ago we had people actually theorizing no players would come here because of Macc lol.. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Appreciate the vote of confidence in my sanity, but the logic you put forth here is the exact logic I used to justify bringing back McCown.  

Drafting both has my spider-senses going off.  I might be paranoid and you might have it right.  But signing two of them... you know... it just doesn't seem necessary... I'm trying to understand it.  I will reserve judgment on those two until the draft happens.  

McCown is prone to getting injured.  Bridgewater is a capable backup (being paid like a backup) and could potentially resurrect his career here.

The only unknown is whatever rookie they draft on day 1.  If for example they draft Josh Allen then you've protected yourself from being forced to play him on before he's ready.

When we missed out on Cousins all we can ask is for the Jets is to draft a QB in round 1, set up a fair QB competition, and play the best guy.  I was worried about the Bridgewater signing until I saw it was a 1 year, low $ deal. 

They're setting up a scenario where they are surrounding a rookie with perhaps the best character QB room in the business.  If Bridgewater does well this year then next year you resign him and you have the rookie and bridgewater for the next 5 years.

Throw in Trumaine, Crowell, and Williams and this was a good day in Jet land.

If we corral Jensen then we've had a very nice FA period.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The entire justification for throwing the year, at least from the Jejune Brigade, was that we were doing it for the #1 overall in the bestest quarterback draft ever and the chance to sign all the top FA’s. Literally neither of those things even came close to happening. 

This franchise threw a season in April for that. Pissed an entire year away. Never forget it. You, yes you, were conned and lied to. 

The only jabronies who thought the Jets were throwing anything was your insufferable wolf pack.  Sorry but no coaches or players ever considered your feelings when it was time to go play a game.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

So in the end Macc and Bowles didn't scare FA's from coming here?  That was one of my favorite conspiracy theories ever on this board.

Looks like at this mornings Wolfpack meeting JiF was assigned the task of sh-tting on the TJ signing.  

Apparently his marching orders were to just keep repeating "he's one of the worst in the league" without any evidence to support it.

You go JiF!  Run free!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'll have to find the article.  He gave up the 5th most yards in the league and was beat badly in numerous games. 

Wait he's been beat before?  I was hoping we'd sign the CB who never gets beat.

• Like 1

Just now, Obrien2Toon said:

JiF always was one of my favorite posters

I blame who fan for how bitter he’s become

I blame the ilk and their founder Dom Shame...  He used to be logical but he's become nothing more than a parrot for the wolfpack.

• Haha 1

Just now, JiF said:

Thank you for finding these.  I'm terrible with the google.

Pac is literally the biggest moron on this board. 

pretty sure you're the only one saying he sucks but whatever makes you happy..  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company