joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

The Mike Evans contract just gauranteed that Odell gets f*cking PAID.  Dude might actually come close to the numbers he wants.

Also, this bodes well for us in our pursuit of Allen Robinson.  Very few teams in pursuit of him have the financial type of flexibility that we do.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So that's a no to Sammy then...

Not at all.

AR is the "crown jewel" though. 

27 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

are we going to pursue robinson or is this a hypothetical?

Going to pursue.  Probably comes down to us, SF, and Chicago.

At the rate teams around us are accumulating picks, we can probably kiss both of our 2nd rounders goodbye if we want to trade up.

Most sobering realization to come from that?  I can almost guarantee that is exactly what is gonna cause Macc to sit at #6 and draft Josh Allen.  He'll balk at any team asking for both 2's, thinking that he's some sort of "trade savant" and Denver, or Miami leap frog us. 

Just now, KRL said:

I know you can't give specifics, but has the Senior Bowl and Combine
changed our QB rankings?

Not really other than Rosen and Darnold, who were considered to be in a class of their own, might be welcoming a third QB into their group with Mayfield.  He has impressed everyone he's interviewed with.  We have two private workouts and meetings planned with him.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

mixed feelings on that one. Certainly not going to complain about Robinson -- but i'm not sold on him as a phenom #1. I'll take him though, lol. 

I've loved him for years.  Wanted him as our first round pick in 2014.  Almost murdered someone when we drafted Amaro over him.  I think he is really special.  Would not complain about Watkins at all though.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Seriously? the guy needs to not have a job if that's the case. He's staring down the barrel of a shotgun right now, this his last lifeline. Get the QB thing right, or there's the door. If he's willing to approach that problem passively at #6? Faaaaack, see ya later pal. 

If NYG/IND asks for both seconds and one for next year -- the answers is "You bet"

For the record, not entirely serious lol.  Just pessimistically venting my frustrations over the stress I'm experiencing from the fears of this scenario actually happening.

I have severe PTSD from hearing that we missed out on a trade up for Wentz because of a dick measuring contest over a 3rd round pick.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My wife hasn't talked to me since the senior bowl. Apparently I'm a "raging a$$hole" right now.. I'm like bitch please, do you have any idea what's at stake here?? 

Just tell her that this situation is similar to every single Designer Shoe Warehouse store closing up shop forever and wait for the sympathy sex to rain down upon you.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Wise beyond your years, you know that?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thx homie c:

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously if we sign a Cousins or a Keenum, we can put the 6th pick up for bid

We aren't signing either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

So maybe good news because the browns might go Barkley then defenses?  Or does this mean bills try to trade up no matter wut?

It is 110% safe to say that the Bills are trading up.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

But they're the Bills. We're safe. They can be awesome, be stacked on both sides of the ball and they will always be the Bills. 

We're picking Allen at 6, he's going to bust, and we're going to be rebuilding again in 2023.

41 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So? You planning on dying in the next couple of years?

No.  Just planning on not watching or caring about the Jets.

Just like my relationship with the Knicks.  I've maintained that position for well over year now.  This is my plan for when the Jets draft Josh Allen. 

Might pop in every now and then to see you blame the fans for Allen's faults though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Stop talking about us taking Allen! NO. STOP.

It's going to happen.

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Browns trade Kaiser Jon Dorsey is high on Adderall cocaine crack right now 

I'm extremely happy for Kizer.  Might have just escaped irreparable damage from Cleveland and landed in the best possible place for him.

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

And never play again 

1. Rodgers's health over the last few years says otherwise.

2. The guy that Cleveland just traded for barely played, was cut, and got his shot.  Kizer can develop without playing much.  If he looks good in preseason games he'll be traded and get his chance, just like Tyrod.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer

The Browns are sending a 2018 fourth-round pick and a 2019 seventh-round pick to Miami for WR Jarvis Landry, per sources.

Dont think the Dolphins are using those to trade up

Right, and the Bills are just going to start Nathan Peterman.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The bills trading for foles makes sense.  

The Bills are in absolute love with Josh Rosen.  That makes far more sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What is your source?

The same source that gives me my Jets info.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Fair enough. So let's say that they want Rosen. We could see it go like this

1. Cleveland- Barkley

2. Bills (trade with Giants)-Rosen

3. Colts- Chubb or trade

4. Browns- QB (Allen because they are high on him, for instance)

5. Broncos- Trade or another player (not QB because they have one)

I have 2 scenarios that I believe can play out that are realistic and just as bad for us, based on what I've heard and what today's trades seem to indicate.

Scenario #1:

1. Darnold (Browns)

2. Barkley (Giants)

3. Bills trade up for Rosen

4. Minkah Fitzpatrick (Browns)

5. Baker Mayfield (Broncos) 

6. Josh Allen (Jets)

Scenario #2

1. Barkley (Browns)

2. Bills trade up with Giants for Josh Rosen

3. Browns trade up one pick for Sam Darnold

4. Bradley Chubb (Colts)

5. Baker Mayfield (Broncos)

6. Josh Allen (Jets)

I gotta admit, I have no idea why you think the Broncos won't be taking a QB.  Who do you mean when you say "they already have one, because word around Denver is that there is almost zero chance they pass on a QB in favor of Paxton Lynch or Trevor Siemian.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They are drafting a QB lol..Keenum or Foles isn’t going to stop them. They love the QB prospects this year.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't think they will. I could see them taking Denzel Ward to replace Talib. And, even if they do, it won't be Mayfield. I think they would take Darnold/Allen over Mayfield.

Just like Macc supposedly has a type of QBs he likes. Elway has one too. Paxton Lynch. Trevor Siemian.

This is all very much wishful thinking. Especially that Allen over Mayfield belief for Denver.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Why were even in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes if they were going to draft a QB all along? That makes no sense to me.

Because Cousin's for them is Plan A, just like us.  Problem is, they won't be getting Kirk.  Just like us.

Their plan B from what I've heard is Keenum in FA, and Baker Mayfield at 5.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The realistic best case scenario is that mccags has a good relationship with indy's gm, and Indy does not want to trade back to where they can't get Chubb.  If 4 qbs and Barkley go top 5 then Indy can trade back to 6 and still get Chubb.

Macc has a great relationship with Rex Hogan, and I would assume Ballard, because he let Hogan go take a promotion there with no fight whatsoever when Ballard offered him the job.

However, a great relationship does not supercede the amount of valuable draft picks Buffalo or Cleveland have to offer.

Elway was the only GM who attended Josh Allen's bowl game. He actually went there with his scouts. That means something to me

And Elway also requested that his team get to coach Baker Mayfield at the Senior Bowl.

Well if Buffalo trades with the Giants at 2, then they are out of the way

I already explained in my Scenario 2 how the Bills trading up basically guarantees us Allen.  It doesn't really matter who they trade up with.

Well that's fine with me. I don't think Allen is Christian Hackenberg part II because there's so much buzz around Allen when there was none around Hackenberg despite similar college stats.

People at the combine said that his footwork looked a lot better than it did during the season.

It's my last choice of the 4, but it's still a solid choice

And that's where we'll vehemently disagree.

I believe that Allen will be an absolute disaster and that any GM who selects him with this many red flags deserves his fate. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I don't see how that means the jets can't trade up with indy

Well, in my Scenario 2, the Bills jumping up to 2 would force the Browns to panic a bit about such a move happening from us so they pull a Chicago Bears and move up one spot for a QB.

I mean, I guess that means maybe we could theoretically trade up to 4 with Indy, but a double trade down would be pretty rare and not something I could see happening.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So when we get bridgewater we should just assume we're taking a cb or olb

I honestly wish that I could say yes, because I really don't want Allen, but no.  I would still expect QB at 6 (likely Allen).

Again the goal is to improve the QB situation from last year. 

The QB situation last year was McCown/Petty/Hackenberg

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

The goal is to get a franchise QB. 

Pretty much what PK said. 

If Macc waits until the 2nd to pick a QB, he's fired.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Unless Cleveland falls in love with allen.  

From what I hear, that is very unlikely...but hey, crazier things have happened and I'm not as in tune with Cleveland as I am the Jets.  I know a small bit, but not enough to go to bat for a stance regarding their plans.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So if it's either pick JOsh Allen or wait til the second round?

Then he's fired either way.

@Patriot Killa said that the goal is to find a franchise QB.  Allen isn't one, and if he waits for a 2nd round or later QB, there's almost zero chance that Macc survives long enough to find out whether or not they are.  They are developmental guys.  If Macc goes so does Bowles and the entire coaching staff too, so the chances of those guys getting legitimate development are slim to none, as a new regime will swoop right in and replace them with their own guys.

Maccagnan backed himself into this corner when he failed to trade up for Wentz, passed on Deshaun Watson last year, all in favor of Christian Hackenberg in the second round; the player that can't get on the field after 2 seasons.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

He did but I really can't blame him for either because trades are fickle and the draftniks didn;t have Watson going top ten.

Knowing that what separated us from getting Wentz was Macc playing hardball with a 3rd rounder, I will absolutely blame him for that.

Watson?  I've eaten my crow over that.  I didn't think he was worth a top 15 pick.  However, I am nothing more than a fan.  The fact of the matter is that Maccagnan is a GM, and it's his job to be right about guys, not mine.  It also doesn't get discussed enough that Houston offered us a bigger deal than the one they ultimately made to trade up to 6 for Deshaun, and Macc turned it down because he valued Jamal Adams way too high.  I've made it known that I love Adams, but I would much rather have that trade and the 4th and 6th overall picks right about now.

So McCown and Allen, whom some media members have said they would be okay with, including Mr. SOJ Joe Beningo himself, would not be good for you

No, it wouldn't.  I would continue going on with my belief that most guys in the media are absolute idiots (being light and politically correct with my word choice there).

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company