joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Kyle "My baby wrote me" Lauletta. You heard it here first.

Horrible.

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Kyle "My baby wrote me" Lauletta. You heard it here first.

If this post doesn’t get 25 buttfumbles, JetNation will have truly become a band of titty-baby nut-hugging twink-ass beta-males.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That is as good as anything Chris Berman has written. It's f-ng brilliant.

Thirty buttfumbles, min.

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I will lose all hope for this board if I get ANY. Pearls before swine.

The arc of history bends toward justice. 

Just now, King P said:
EC4RjS1A_bigger.jpgJason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora

Hearing more and more about the Broncos and Case Keenum. The Cousins derby very likely to come down to Jets or Vikings

Manish is already out with the “Hey, you know who else would be good? Teddy Bridgewater!” snippet today, which means that Cousins is a Vikings within five minutes of free agency opening.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If the broncos are out, the jets could bow out and then the Vikings would be bidding agains themselves, but cousins could find himself making way less money than if there were a real bidding war.

LaCanfora is a stooge, but what you’re seeing is a Denver v Minnesota v Cousins public bidding war. Next week, you’ll hear that Cousins is “meeting with the Jets” or some sh*t, but it’s all show now. 

Hopefully mccags won't take the bait.  At some point everyone is going to get tired of Kirk cousins trying to get revenge on the nfl for overlooking him in the draft and on Snyder for preferring rg3.  Enough already, get over it, pick a team, sell your house and shut up.

Maccagnan will, and should, chase Cousins until the ink is dry on his Vikings contract. It’s the only way he gets to remain an NFL GM for longer than 24 months.

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

However, why he wastes time helping Cousins get a better deal from the Vikings, some other team makes a deal for #3 pick or equivalent to secure a top QB.   

Imagine Buffalo jumping up to three and landing Mayfield or Darnold? Then having Mac follow that up 45 minutes later by drafting a DB? 

Worse, imagine tannenbaum jumping to #4 and grabbing a qb, then watching the jets get Fitzpatrick.  That would bring it all home and underscore why mccagnan is truly over his head.

Ha. It’d be worth it just for the horrific screaming 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Michael Bennett and a 7th traded to Philly for Marcus Johnson and a 5th

Sounds like they’re in on Sherman, too, which tells you all you need to know about how important having “$100 mil in cap space” really is.

Giants should be kicking the door in to get Earl Thomas. Could probably sneak Eli Apple into that deal.

If the Jets tried to trade Darron Lee, what do you think the return would be? Could you get a third rounder? 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Same price as ogletree, lee and a 7th for a 4 and a 6

They should do that. There are a mess of good ILBs in this draft class that I’d like.

• Upvote 1

Dolphins are cutting Suh now. Tannenbaum is an absolute arsonist.

• Upvote 1

Teams are making these trades because 1. Everyone has cap room and/or flexibility and 2. The free agent pool sucks. Maccagnan should go buck wild in free agency and swing for the fences with these contracts, because there’s no reason to save money. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Seriously? the guy needs to not have a job if that's the case. He's staring down the barrel of a shotgun right now, this his last lifeline. Get the QB thing right, or there's the door. If he's willing to approach that problem passively at #6? Faaaaack, see ya later pal. 

If NYG/IND asks for both seconds and one for next year -- the answers is "You bet"

What if he signs Sam Bradford, a center, and a couple of corners and goes 9-7? That’d be much healthier for his career than going 3-13 with a misery-stricken coach and Josh Rosen, by far.

Browns just got Foles for a 2, which means Saquon goes first overall 

EDIT*** It’s Tyrod. One of the humps tweeted bad info

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

LaGreca said it best. "Freud would have a field day with this fanbase"

Freud wouldn’t bother with us. We like the hard road because we’re unexceptional people with relatively high IQs who had difficult mothers.

• Upvote 1

put Theismann in with “the rest of the earth” stack that thinks Kirk is signing with the Vikings.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

The rest of the earth also thinks he should take less money than he's worth because he hasn't truly earned it or something. Sorry but Joe Theisman not seeing or feeling him as a NY guy isn't a thing, literally no one could even clearly define what that is.

This “take less money” thing you keep saying...what do you mean? If the Vikings, as rumored, offer 3/$90mm, you’re suggesting the Jets should beat that by, what, $10 mil? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

10...20....whatever it takes. IIRC the difference in cap space between the Jets and Vikings this year alone is over $30 million. You'll all cry about it up until they start playing and/or Winston gets $200 million with $125+ in garauntees.

Sooooooo, your plan is to pay Kirk Cousins $37 million dollars. Per year. For Kirk Cousins.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

If this were actually how things played out, and it won’t be, is this supposed to be a bad or scary thing? 

You’re going to give a QB who will be 30 years old before he takes his first snap, whose best season resulted in a 9-7 record, and you’re going to put him on a really, really bad Jets team, and you’re going to pay him $110 million dollars in cash for three years? This is advisable to you?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Cousins has been a starting QB for three years, it won’t be his first snap. He’s also been an excellent starter both in aggregate and with two back to back top 7s. I don’t evaluate individual players with team W-L record going back almost 20 years don’t plan to start with this sport. Yes to the last two. 

Cool. Cool.

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Honestly I'd have no problem offering 5 years $150M fully guaranteed, assuming the deal is front loaded. You'd want to keep him for the lower cap hit years late in the deal anyway.

This is Kirk Cousins. Kirk. Cousins.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SenorGato said:

Yep, about the level of response I expected.

I’m all for hedging and still drafting a QB, pretty sure I’ve said as much for months.

How else should one respond to “yes we should pay Kirk Cousins an infinite amount of money because we have more money this year”?

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Infinite? Disingenous nonsense doesn’t work on me, Shane! We both know the Bills ain’t doing sh*t, Cousins is good enough to startfor a SB contender, and your feigned worry about salary is to rouse fear among the hens. 

Ah. If only there was a Super Bowl contender with an opening at quarterback who was willing to pay him gratuitously over his value. Perhaps one who was recently one game away from this Super Bowl competition that you speak of.

Why would they want him, Shane? He’s Kirk Cousins! Which is it lol? You guys cant even keep up with your own narratives. 

If only there was a team entirely out of contention who would pay Kirk Cousins gratuitously over his value and then tack on an additional twenty million dollars, but only to appease the union hawks?

No, no it would still be to land a franchise passer with his level of skill.

Why would the Jets have that bolded motivation but not Cousins - obligated to discount Minnesota for their final fifteen minutes of relevance before they start losing big talent to FA? 

Why would the Jets pay that contract when they don’t have any big talent and a three year window?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

I thought you took a laissez faire approach to salary cap. Why sweat it? Cap economics mean nothing

I can’t believe the Hackenberg Camp is Pro-Cousins now. Seems like a contradiction.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company