joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

I’m ok with every name on this list being avoided except Lev Bell.

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets tried to trade Darron Lee, what do you think the return would be? Could you get a third rounder? 

So sad, whatever the Cowboys offered for that pick to try, and move up for Paxton Lynch that we turned down was to much.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Roger Goodell made almost $35 million in 2014 alone for helping the sport generate $13 billion in revenue, and that's just what they report considering citizens bought almost every team a stadium in the past 30 years. Just hoping to add some perspective in an offseason this board will get every opportunity to whine about the contracts players are signing.

If the Jets spend 150 million the next 2 years on player contracts including 35 mill per season on a QB guess who is gonna flip that bill in an increase of Season Ticket Prices?

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Do you, and I assume multiple posters here from the general attitude on player salaries, actually believe this is how ticket prices work? 

Yes, spend a sh*t ton of cap space go 9-7, and increase ticket prices in the sections you didn’t lower during this past offseason, that is exactly how it works.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen are the guys you start right away and they are the only expections. You get one of them and you all of a sudden still have a job. They will all be gone by 6 .. plain and simple.

How can anyone think Mayfield could ever start right away, in what planet do you live on?  Oh look he moved the backend of a defense a few times while he had 45 seconds to wait for his WR to get open, Plant flagging, and crouch grabbing aren’t traits needed to start day 1.  He played in the most basic offenses in football history let’s get real, and he doesn’t have any elite skill set to overcome his lack of experience, last season a guy twice as talented was persecuted for the same things, and rightfully so, and he went 10th overall, now everyone is panic mode, and is willing to take this overrated douche top 5 because they ****ed up under estimating 2 very superior talents last season for in our case an in the box Safety?  Any scenario where the Jets draft Baker Mayfield should be automatic firing for the whole management group down after passing on 2 guys far superior to him, but now we’re panicking.  Only thing that saves face for Macc is Darnold, or Rosen, and he should stop at nothing to get one of the two.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Knowing that what separated us from getting Wentz was Macc playing hardball with a 3rd rounder, I will absolutely blame him for that.

Watson?  I've eaten my crow over that.  I didn't think he was worth a top 15 pick.  However, I am nothing more than a fan.  The fact of the matter is that Maccagnan is a GM, and it's his job to be right about guys, not mine.  It also doesn't get discussed enough that Houston offered us a bigger deal than the one they ultimately made to trade up to 6 for Deshaun, and Macc turned it down because he valued Jamal Adams way too high.  I've made it known that I love Adams, but I would much rather have that trade and the 4th and 6th overall picks right about now.

I just cried 😢😢😢😢 A LOT!

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't think I'll ever get over Wentz not being ours over a 3rd rounder. Ever.

So say the Giants fall in love with Nelson would they ever think of trading with the Jets you think, or is that just didn’t bother calling because they aren’t gonna be remotely realistic because they have zero intentions of actually trading with you?

Also are the Jets willing to do whatever it takes to get to 1 IF the Browns seriously listen?  And IF Barkley happens to be one of the top 2 picks are the willing to do whatever it takes to get to 3 if Browns are adamantly not moving from #1?

I truly believe it’s Darnold, or Rosen, or show him the door once both are off the board, and before we even select our own picks.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

See the problem is that all of us don.t even know who's good and who isn't. Somebody's going to be unhappy no matter what happens. 

Not only does the media not know. We don't know.

This has been a 2 QB draft for 16 months, nothing has changed except the media creating stories to generate clicks, and the NFL selling their off-season product.  Nothing has changed Darnold Rosen, Rosen Darnold, everyone is assuming the Browns are gonna do the smart thing for once and take Darnold. and there are 2 other teams currently jockeying for position to get in play to get Rosen with the Jets, and Broncos.  Again the rest is just selling fans on the off-season.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Tavon Austin, Weston Richburg, Demario Davis, Morris Claiborne, Orleans Darkwa, and ASJ being our only signings.

WTF with this Orleans Darkwa?  Why do the Jets want to pay for him, does his agent have something on Macc?  Just draft Bo Scarbaugh if you want that kind of RB in the 5th.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Didn't Michel have a bad combine?

You know who else had a bad combine last year?  Alvin Kamara.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

No to Tavon and No to Darkwa. Agree with Lupz. Just draft a bigger back later in draft if you just want a bruiser and it’s cheaper. Tavon good lord I talk about overdrafted and not worth it to us. Austin didn’t even do much on return team last year, did he? I mean I’dsay pass to both of them. 

Yeah just draft Dante Pettis if you want Austin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And who is Mahomes?  

The Future!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

FWIW 

Wow the Jets are actually being considered, or used to drive up the price for his preferred landing spot, hopefully the latter.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You know that girl you hung out with when you wanted to make another girl jealous?

Hope that’s the case

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I am a mere colonist of Britain.

Dilly Dilly!

• Like 1

Well the Bills just acquired their final piece to land the QB they want they swapped Pick 21 for Pick 12 in return for Glenn.  So now it’s 12, and 22 for whoever is willing to trade back.

Just now, Skeptable said:

Bills slowly creeping up in the 1st... I could see the Giants taking the Bills 2 firsts and a 2nd.

I’d say that deal is more done then Cousins to the Vikings, the Bills don’t do this sh*t on a whim, there have definitely been some real talks.  Giants accomplish 2 things first and foremost they **** the Jets, and B they can now draft something like Roquan Smith, and Mike McGlinchy to give Eli and Shurmer 2-3 years to go after it.

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

if the Bills trade Cordy Glenn, 2 #1s and a #2 for a rookie QB, they can have him

Not a good week to be Shady McCoy!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

darnold and rosen could easily be the first two guys off the board. 

This has been the case for 16 months!  It’s never changed regardless of what the media, and living room scouts want to tell you different, AND none of the other QB’s are worth jack sh*t NONE!  The Jets ****ed this up, and I hope the Giants **** it up also by trading back, I just wish it wasn’t with the Bills.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

assuming cleveland ends up with barkley and indy stays in the top 5 and takes chubb, the jets can get one of the 4 qbs.  but it could be allen though.

There is no top 4 QB’s there are 2 top QB’s what part of my post didn’t make that abundantly clear?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

After the Bills news the Jets offer to Cousins probably just went up to 3 for 120, such a disgrace of a franchise they don’t even know how to rebuild right.

• Thumb Down 5

This is why nobody will be happy with the outcome. Because we dont have a unified opinion on who the great QB is if there is one

There is a unified opinion, BUT if the NFL didn’t pretend this wasn’t true then the offseason draft stuff wouldn’t get nearly the coverage they want it to get, and the Social Media Whore so called draft experts wouldn’t get nearly as many clicks as they want.  And the fact the Giants hold the #2 pick made it that much easier to pretend these 2 kids aren’t going 1, 2.

9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I feel that there are just crickets period across the entire NFL. Where's A-Rob? What's the story with Richburg and Jensen? Where is everybody visiting currently? 

I feel like there is just going to be an avalanche of signings breaking at some point over the next day or so

It’s 2011 all over again when the whole league stopped while N Asamough made his decision, same thing is happening with Cousins, Brees won’t sign till after Kirk does because he basically wants whatever Kirk gets from NO.

14 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

You think giving Sammy Watkins 3/48 is a good move? I don’t 

So because the salary cap has gone up significantly it’s ok to give a mediocre QB 30+ million per guaranteed for 4 years, but not ok to give a 24 year old WR 2 years 30 million (the real contract the 3rd year is not guaranteed) in this inflated salary cap, and WR’s are basically the extension of the QB, and Sammy Watkins opens up the field more, and his value is so much more then just the catches he makes, guys run free, and go covered one on one vs guys who can’t cover them because Watkins draws 2-3 guys to him on a ton of plays.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The point isn't whether individual posters like these guys, it's that we cleared 90 million in cap space and if we don't get Cousins and a really good o lineman this team is doomed to another bad year. 

Settling on other teams#3 Wr rejects, mccown, center with a concussion problem is a disaster of an off-season for a team with 90 million in cap space.

If we do get cousins, all will be good but macc better get it done.

Kirk Cousins, Orleans Darkwa, Bilal Powell, Eli McQuire, Jordan Leggett, Jermaine Kearse, Chad Hansen, Ardarius Stewart, and Quincy Enunwa striking fear in the heart of defenses coming to a theater near you 2018!

What a joke.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I get your point here, but lets hold up ... We do not have Cousins or Darkwa.... lets just wait and see. Deep breath my man. deep breath..

Deep breath for what?  A RB nobody wants, a Guard, Center, and then watching the Jets overpay a 29 year old CB in Trumaine Johnson AKA Revis 2.0, drafting another Safety at 6, and then watch Todd Bowles wave the white flag when his offense has done nothing, and punts late in the 3rd quarter from midfield  down 20-6?

Bringing back Macc, and Bowles is where this all went wrong, and maybe they are not authorized to spend a dollar unless they land Cousins, and if we don’t the Jets ownership might basically hoard the cap space for next season, and start it over with a whole new Regime, but if that is the plan should have just did it this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stark said:

because nothing has happened yet, why get all pissed off when nothing has happened? 

I don't think, and i hope I am right that we don't touch Darkwa 

We agree on Bowles and Mac and I do think Bowles and his "not wanting to play a young qb" is why Mac is even in on Cousins. WE should have had a legit rebuild in Mac's first year and WOody should have said do whatever you have to do to draft your QB. WE should have traded up for one already. 

We basically agree on everything from what I can tell, I am just saying to chill and lets see what happens. 

Throw out some names that are game changers on offense available to the Jets right now?  I’m sick of being garbage on offense in an era where Kirk Cousins can command 30 million per year because he had a good year with Jordan Reed, Garçon, and D Jackson, Tavon Austin is a kick/punt returner, Paul Richardson is Devin Smith if Devin Smith got healthy, Mike Wallace please, a 2nd rounder for Tyrell Williams no thanks, Darkwa lol.  The Jets would need a miracle to have say Rosen, or Darnold fall to 6, and have say guys like Michel, and C Kirk fall to them in the 2nd, and all 3 become instant difference makers to make this offense exciting, that’s like a .0000003% chance.

Cardinals are in the same boat as the Jets and in a much tougher division. He should pass that

Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald, and David Johnson, explain to me how that puts them in the same boat as the Jets?

Look at their division and realize what a foolish statement you made

Seahawks are tearing it down, the 49ers, and Rams are building it up, the Cardinals are a QB away from being thne same 13-3 team they were in 2015, IF they think Cousins is that guy, why wouldn’t Cousins think the same because you think Cousins should choose facing Tom Brady for 3 years as a Jet with his best offensive weapon being Bilal Powell, and Jermaine Kearse?

Now think about how foolish you sound.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Steve Wilks is the new HC, defensive coordinator. That offense is not great outside of david johnson and fitz is on a retirement tour. who knows what that team is going to do. I mean do you trust Mike McCoy to run a good offense he got fired from Chargers and Broncos. I am just saying I have no expectations for the Cards

Say that’s all true, you still choosing Jets, and Bowles over David Johnson?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

David Johnson who's coming off a major injury? 

Yeah a hand injury is so major to a guy who makes a career of using his legs come on dude.

Brees gets 2 years 50 million IF Cousins gets a penny more then 75 million guaranteed from the Jets over 3 years I’m done with this sh*t show of a franchise, Cousins couldn’t hold Brees jocks jock!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Promise?

Yup

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd still throw a contract at Meridith that the Bears can't match. 

That would change everything!  So sad guys have to convince themselves overpaying for Meridith is exciting, and smart.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company