FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You play a base nickle when you have a Honey Badger. 

It worked pretty well when bowls ran it in AZ. 

Lee has only 2 years under his contract.  He does not appear extend worthy.  Bring in the Honey Badger, draft a cheaper LB, and play 5 DBs full time.  

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cutting Skrine pays 6 million towards his desired 11 million/year contract.

If you think HB can play 4-5 years, investing more in him, keeping him around long term and having a core strong DB unit is not a bad strategy.  

Maye is under contract 3 more years cheap.  Hopefully one of the CBs develop to take over for Claiborne.  it is not a terrible strategy.  

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't think the honey badger is worth it. Plus we have good players at the safety position. If I spend big money on D I go for a legit pass rusher. 

There won't be any supply of legit pass rushers to spend anything on. As for the Badger, he played safety as much as he played LB last year and that's just over a 100 snaps. The other 400 came at CB. But in theory your right, however the supply isn't there no matter how much cap space we have. Our next great QB or pass rusher isn't coming from anywhere but the draft.

12 minutes ago, King P said:
ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpgAdam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

Former Seahawks’ and Jets’ DT Sheldon Richardson reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings, per source.

3:01 PM - 16 Mar 2018

Amazing how his stock has fallen, I thought he would've been a beast with SEA last year

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And Cutting buster pays for half of the contract itself lmaooo...keep looking for reasons though. 

This is Buster's last year of his contract.  How many years and dollars will the Honey Badger get? 

We're not always going to have the most cap space, right? 

Just because you come into a lot of money doesn't mean it's wise to buy a Lambo, understand?  

49 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You play a base nickle when you have a Honey Badger. 

It worked pretty well when bowls ran it in AZ. 

51 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You don't need a play maker when you have Bridgewater...I think. Something like that...unless you have a great defense like the Giants...I think. 

We're not a win-now team; I don't want to us sign a surplus player for big money.

How many wins is the hybrid nickel/safety going to add our total next year?  

Didn't we just spend nearly 20 million on two corners and drafted two safeties back-to-back in rounds 1 & 2 next year? 

Do we have to drop more money into the secondary just because we can? 

Do we have to spend all of it this year?  

We don't need this player.  He's going to get a lot of guaranteed money and be signed for a lot of years.  

And then there's his knees:

Mathieu is four months removed from surgery to repair his right ACL, torn in Week 15 against the Philadelphia Eagles. He's able to backpedal and participate in drills, although he has just been a spectator during organized team activities.

"I'm moving around really well," he said. "I'm really pleased with where I'm at right now."

This rehabilitation and recovery isn't as complex as Mathieu's first, when he tore his LCL and ACL in 2013. This was a simpler injury, for lack of a better term -- just his ACL.

But just because this rehab is easier doesn't mean Mathieu will be on the field any quicker. The most important lesson he said he took away from his first knee injury was to not rush his return.

"If I'm ready, I'm ready," Mathieu said. "But I want to be 100 percent, and I feel like last time when I came back I wasn't necessarily who I am as a football player. So I'm just looking forward to being patient, challenging myself to be patient and then coming back at 100 percent."

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/20624/a-patient-tyrann-mathieu-calls-second-knee-rehab-easier

A 5'9 safety/corner hybrid with two gruesome knee injuries in his past whose played only one full season in his career... sounds like a safe bet and a smart move!

Let's give him five years, 50 million with 30 of it guaranteed!

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m only advocating for Minkah because it’d be the most catastrophic pick, both practically and emotionally. I’m not saying I want the player on my squad.

I’m with you.  At this point, with this regime, all I’m looking for is comedy, and there should be a lot more coming, from bringing in a bunch of guys who either have law problems or advocated violence against cops, when stating they wanted a certain type of player, it shows no continuity of thought...and NO PLAN.  The Usual in Jetland.

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

This is Buster's last year of his contract.  How many years and dollars will the Honey Badger get? 

Just because you come into a lot of money doesn't mean it's wise to buy a Lambo, understand?  

We're not a win-now team; I don't want to us sign a surplus player for big money.

Didn't we just spend nearly 20 million on two corners and drafted two safeties back-to-back in rounds 1 & 2 next year? 

We don't need this player.  He's going to get a lot of guaranteed money and be signed for a lot of years.  

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/20624/a-patient-tyrann-mathieu-calls-second-knee-rehab-easier

A 5'9 safety/corner hybrid with two gruesome knee injuries in his past whose played only one full season in his career... sounds like a safe bet and a smart move!

I don’t think 2.5 million more than what buster makes this year is buying a Lamborghini and I don’t think his future cap hits will differ from the previous yearly salary we gave Skrine in 2015. That knee injury doesn’t bother me given the fact he has showed he can still play at a high level afterwards.

Gonna have to do better than that.

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

That's the hesitation.  Contracts will have clauses in them for injury.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Another thing on Rosen, if he’s too edgy and liberal for the Giants, why doesn’t that hurt him with Donald Trump’s hand-picked Ambassador to the UK? 

****. Good point. **** you for thinking about that. **** this is a good point 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t think 2.5 million more than what buster makes this year is buying a Lamborghini and I don’t think his future cap hits will differ from the previous yearly salary we gave Skrine in 2015. That knee injury doesn’t bother me given the fact he has showed he can still play at a high level afterwards.

Gonna have to do better than that.

Soooo the knees don't bother you (because he's rebounded...twice already...which also means he's had to rebound twice already... because he blew up his knee twice in three years). 

The analogy with the Lambo (i.e. that it's impractical and doesn't address any foundational issues with this team, and that money is better spent elsewhere) doesn't bother you and you think the 4 year 25 mil deal we gave Buster will somehow be comparable to what the Honey Badger gets?  

Yea, you're gonna have to do better than that.  

And remember, we don't have to spend it all this year.  We're not a Tyrann away from winning the Superbowl, the division or, f*ck-it, even eight games!

20 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

How many years and dollars will the Honey Badger get? 

We're not always going to be a lose now team, right? 

If you want to win it's wise to buy a Lambo, understand?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Unpopular opinion: the Jets have a very expensive secondary wherein none of the players in that secondary have ever made the Pro Bowl and in which none are Pro Bowl caliber players. Dudes are a little out over their skis right now. 

Which is EXACTLY why we need the Honey Badger and MINKAH!

16 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Soooo the knees don't bother you (because he's rebounded...twice already...which also means he's had to rebound twice already... because he blew up his knee twice in three years). 

The analogy with the Lambo (i.e. that it's impractical and doesn't address any foundational issues with this team, and that money is better spent elsewhere) doesn't bother you and you think the 4 year 25 mil deal we gave Buster will somehow be comparable to what the Honey Badger gets?  

And remember, we don't have to spend it all this year.  We're not a Tyrann away from winning the Superbowl, the division or, f*ck-it, even eight games!

These guys would have a whole team of corners and wrs

youre arguing with the same guys who were going crazy about us signing revis and cromartie a few years ago

they still have his LSU highlights in their mind and don’t realize he was barely average for the last 2 years

16 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Honey Badger isn’t getting the crazy contract you think he is dude.

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

These guys would have a whole team of corners and wrs

youre arguing with the same guys who were going crazy about us signing revis and cromartie a few years ago

they still have his LSU highlights in their mind and don’t realize he was barely average for the last 2 years

I didn’t even want Cro. Not gonna lie and say I didn’t want Revis back but not at the contact we gave him. I wascool with it anyway but to categorize me is dumb.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 

From what I understand, this is the second attempt by a team to secure Kyle Fuller with an offer sheet. One wasn’t accepted. The #Packers’ was. The #Bears have 5 days to match.

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 

From what I understand, this is the second attempt by a team to secure Kyle Fuller with an offer sheet. One wasn’t accepted. The #Packers’ was. The #Bears have 5 days to match.

This would most likely take GB out of the running for Badger. Maybe he told them his choice already and they moved quickly. Could see a decision on him soon.

Archived