FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

agreed, but that deal was only a couple of million more than what we can cut Skrine.  Sounds to me like the Jets made the decision that Skrine was better than HB.  that worries me  

Don't worry. I think, like Cousins, he just chose the Texans because they give him a better chance of winning. Once he was cut he said he's take less monet to go to a team that could be a contender. With Watson and JJ back he felt the Texans were a better team right now.

I wonder if Macc would undo the Bridgewater signing (if he could) in light of the trade to #3.   It wouldn't be McCown because we need someone to start in case the rookie QB isn't ready and it would be crazy to rely on Bridgewater at the moment.  (I'm not saying he won't possibly be good, just that we can't count on him due to the injury).

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if Macc would undo the Bridgewater signing (if he could) in light of the trade to #3.   It wouldn't be McCown because we need someone to start in case the rookie QB isn't ready and it would be crazy to rely on Bridgewater at the moment.  (I'm not saying he won't possibly be good, just that we can't count on him due to the injury).

They could pull a Baltimore and fail his physical.  The ravens just got out of a bad deal for a FA wr and signed Crabtree.  

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Would rather he undid the McCown deal, that iphone sig at the chicken place can't be held up in court :) - Bridgewater could earn back some draft capital if he stays healthy 

On 3/17/2018 at 9:06 AM, T0mShane said:

Trying to think of the last veteran player who signed here whose career didn’t suffer because of it. Bart Scott, I guess.

Maybe Kearse .. he had a really good year last year. Fitzpatrick ... had a great year. McCown had a really good year last year. Faneca was great while he was here .. but he was nearing the end anyway. Favre had a good year. 

Just sayin.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Maybe Kearse .. he had a really good year last year. Fitzpatrick ... had a great year. McCown had a really good year last year. Faneca was great while he was here .. but he was nearing the end anyway. Favre had a good year. 

Just sayin.

Favre literally faked retirement just to get away from this godforsaken place.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Would rather he undid the McCown deal, that iphone sig at the chicken place can't be held up in court :) - Bridgewater could earn back some draft capital if he stays healthy 

This is why I HATE the McCown signing.

Nobody was going to sign him.  Why not go in with Bridgewater as your QB now, let Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold or whoever sit for a year, and you have Hack and Petty to backup Bridgewater.  If you REALLY need McCown, call him during week 5 because he will still be there eating chips like Vinny was.

Now, if Bowles plays McCown, how do you find out if Bridgewater is back?  How do you capitalize on signing him if nobody gets to see what he can/can't do? 

29 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Nobody was going to sign him.  Why not go in with Bridgewater as your QB now, let Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold or whoever sit for a year, and you have Hack and Petty to backup Bridgewater.  If you REALLY need McCown, call him during week 5 because he will still be there eating chips like Vinny was.

Now, if Bowles plays McCown, how do you find out if Bridgewater is back?  How do you capitalize on signing him if nobody gets to see what he can/can't do? 

It's called preseason. McCown didn't play in the preseason last year

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And its Todd Bowles United.....I have ZERO faith that he will start Bridgewater.

TO be fair to Bowles, he gave Hackenberg every single opportunity to beat McCown last pre-season. Hackenberg was the main story of our pre-season. He was just useless, and you couldn't blame Bowles for keeping McCown above Hack. 

He even gave Petty a decent chance and he was looking like he might challenge him before he got injured. 

SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL)

3/18/18, 3:04 PM

"I was really excited to hear that Josh was being brought back. I just thought that his leadership and being able to carry over that chemistry from last year to this year was important" @KelvinBeachumJr on Jets resigning Josh McCown pic.twitter.com/TPwpZk2Qzk

5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Agree, that agent played Mac like a fiddle, first to bid up the Vikings on Cousins, second to cash in on McCown's good will (probably the plan all along) and to make it worse A.J. McCarron signed a 2 year, $10m contract with the Buffalo Bills...

Mac could have had AJ and Teddy for the price of McCown - add a draft pick and you have a real QB competition - instead we could have a repeat of last year with McCown starting and everyone else on the bench

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

so?

So, that I have zero faith, or so that he will start McCown over Bridgewater.  Because if it is the later, then why sign Bridgewater at all.  You have to let him play to see if there is anything there, otherwise, its a waste of time.  Eerily similar to the whole fiasco last year not letting Hackenberg or Petty play.

Patriots acquired KR/WR Cordarrelle Patterson and a 2018 sixth-round pick from the Raiders in exchange for a 2018 fifth-round pick.

The Pats needed a kick returner to replace Dion Lewis, and Patterson has averaged over 28 yards per return in four of his five NFL seasons. He has five career return TDs. Patterson will likely struggle for wideout snaps outside of gadget-type plays in Foxboro behind Brandin Cooks, Julian Edelman, and Chris Hogan.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if Macc would undo the Bridgewater signing (if he could) in light of the trade to #3.

The trade to 3 was in the works well before TB, and while we were signing him. Having him + McCown + Rookie is the plan.

53 minutes ago, prime21 said:

+1

+2

That would be a solid addition and really fill out the depth chart at all three levels for the Defense (Line, LB, Secondary).  We could realistically go through the first 3 or 4 rounds without drafting a defensive player and I think I'd be okay with it.

6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, that I have zero faith, or so that he will start McCown over Bridgewater.  Because if it is the later, then why sign Bridgewater at all.  You have to let him play to see if there is anything there, otherwise, its a waste of time.  Eerily similar to the whole fiasco last year not letting Hackenberg or Petty play.

I think Bridgewater was a CYA in case none of the “Big 4” fell to 6

Archived