FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

Just now, Mike135 said:

With his salary?  Probably none.

We'd have to pick up a decent portion of the tab.

You are probably right-- especially with just a year left on his contract.  Wishful thinking on my part.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, prime21 said:

E.J. Gaines - DB - Free Agent
Free agent CB E.J. Gaines is scheduled to visit the Jets on Thursday and Browns on Friday.

Related: Browns, Jets

I'm shocked he's coming in for a visit, after Claiborne I figured we were done in

the secondary

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm shocked he's coming in for a visit, after Claiborne I figured we were done in

the secondary

I'm shocked anyone is coming in for visits with our brass touring the country checking out draft-eligible QBs. 

51 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I'm shocked anyone is coming in for visits with our brass touring the country checking out draft-eligible QBs. 

DB coach Wilson should be there. Along w/Rodgers and other FO staff. 

51 minutes ago, KRL said:

Gaines would probably meet with our DB coach (Dennard Wilson) and Hurns would meet

with our WR coach (Dorrell)

Wasn’t Wilson Gaines position coach with the Rams?  Wilson was big in getting Trumaine Johnson’s here, hopefully he can lure Gaines as well.

11 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Wasn’t Wilson Gaines position coach with the Rams?  Wilson was big in getting Trumaine Johnson’s here, hopefully he can lure Gaines as well.

Yes. Good point! 

Wilson was w/Rams 2012-2016

42 minutes ago, KRL said:

Gaines would probably meet with our DB coach (Dennard Wilson) and Hurns would meet

with our WR coach (Dorrell)

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

DB coach Wilson should be there. Along w/Rodgers and other FO staff. 

Yes, Rodgers and Wilson would be in the building to receive him, I get that.   What has my curiosity pique'd is to what extent they have powers to make decisions.  Can they choose a player and just text Big Mike while he's on the road, or does Macaggnan need to watch a player run around before he can get signed?   

I'd imagine there have already been internal discussions about upgrading the position because of the whole Tyran Mathieu situation.  Perhaps they have a salary number and are able to recruit upgrades at the position provided they stay within it. 

Either way, this is promising... I'm over Skrine.   

6 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yes, Rodgers and Wilson would be in the building to receive him, I get that.   What has my curiosity pique'd is to what extent they have powers to make decisions.  Can they choose a player and just text Big Mike while he's on the road, or does Macaggnan need to watch a player run around before he can get signed?   

I'd imagine there have already been internal discussions about upgrading the position because of the whole Tyran Mathieu situation.  Perhaps they have a salary number and are able to recruit upgrades at the position provided they stay within it. 

Either way, this is promising... I'm over Skrine.   

Heimerdinger is w/the tour. My guess would be the decision makers have already gone over who is or may become available and have put yay or nay. And since Wilson coached him already I’m guessing he could just text Mcc and say Gaines is good to go and then get the contract worked out w/Davidson who is in charge of their cap and contracts 

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson)

3/22/18, 3:38 PM

I'm told, free agent WR Allen Hurns is on the plane now from Texas headed for his scheduled visit with the #Jets, per source.

where is the visit?  Aren't Mac, Bates and everyone else on their way to Wyoming?  How does this work?  Hurns arrives but none of the F.O. are there?  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

where is the visit?  Aren't Mac, Bates and everyone else on their way to Wyoming?  How does this work?  Hurns arrives but none of the F.O. are there?  

Hopefully the trip is to check out the facilities.  I’m sure Macc can skype to communicate with the agent.

Archived