FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if Macc would undo the Bridgewater signing (if he could) in light of the trade to #3.   It wouldn't be McCown because we need someone to start in case the rookie QB isn't ready and it would be crazy to rely on Bridgewater at the moment.  (I'm not saying he won't possibly be good, just that we can't count on him due to the injury).

I doubt it. Low risk high reward signing.

Pryor, Hurns or Gaines?  Maybe Gaines since Adams is defense.  But Adams' tweets on the 1st day of free agency expressed dismay after  A. Robinson, Watkins and P. Richardson were all taken by other teams. So he cares about offense too.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets have concluded a visit with Bills free-agent CB E.J. Gaines, the team announced. Their interest in Gaines sparks two thoughts: It signals that Buster Skrine ($8.5M cap) could be in trouble. Gaines isn't a great position /scheme fit. He comes from a zone-based system and hasn't played the slot since 2014, his rookie year with the Rams. He's also visiting the Browns.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Apparently Hurns just landed at LaGuardia for his visit. They could get both and cut Anderson if they want

Hmmmm.  He has to have lost some leverage with us now but hey, imagine bot getting signed.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Not sure If I wanted him over Hurns but was definitely hoping we got one of them.  Good job Mac.

Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson)

3/22/18, 9:56 PM

Jets are still expected to meet with Hurns tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

“Josh Rosen to Terrelle Pryor in the back of the end zone and that’s a Jet touchdown! ..what a perfect touch throw by the rookie signal caller!”

I FEEL IN MY BONES.

Quick reminder: the better the receiving corps, the longer you’ll wait to get McCown to the bench. If they sign Hurns, you won’t see Josh Allen take an in-season Jets snap until 2020

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Quick reminder: the better the receiving corps, the longer you’ll wait to get McCown to the bench. If they sign Hurns, you won’t see Josh Allen take an in-season Jets snap until 2020

*Baker Mayfield

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

true but our oline is still trash tho! 

I think Spencer Long will go a long way towards stabilizing it, personally. Beachum wasn’t bad and Shell isn’t hopeless. The guards fell apart last year because the center was a disaster.

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

true but our oline is still trash tho! 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think Spencer Long will go a long way towards stabilizing it, personally. Beachum wasn’t bad and Shell isn’t hopeless. The guards fell apart last year because the center was a disaster.

That he said^ Plus Beachum and Shell probably fit the zone blocking scheme so much better given the finesse and athleticism. This should be a lot better of a unit.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That he said^ Plus Beachum and Shell probably fit the zone blocking scheme so much better given the finesse and athleticism. This should be a lot better of a unit.

Still have to replace Carpenter, who is not a fit for ZBS.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You are genital warts

Archived